The Fate of Aftermath

<salivates> Too bad I only got invited to the funeral. It would have been great to have heard about the conception of it as well.

When do you plan on releasing your work to the public?

All those graphics are amazing...

As far as making things available, I'm very interested in the story. Maybe it would be possible to put together all the text into a kind of choose-your-own-adventure thing, and sprinkle some of the graphics on top of it?

I'd love to use the graphics..... have any weapon /outfit sprites available?
I could use any ships I could get too...

info on the plug is in my sig. I cant wait for it to become public- will it be posted here or on the add-ons?

As the buzzards start circling...

@cosmic_nusiance, on Dec 22 2007, 10:10 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I didn't mean to degrade your work that was done or be rude. I just think the graphics look really good and would hate for them to disappear...
plus, people are aching for screenshots of my TC and Im trying to get a few new graphics first...

On the contrary, this dead TC is good enough to have plugin devels all over begging for the remains.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Dec 22 2007, 08:10 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I didn't mean to come across like that at all.

I'm not interested in the story because I want to use it, but because I want to read it. Something that's had countless hours poured into it should be something that deserves an audience. Even if it becomes impossible to produce the desired product, the work done can still gain an audience on it's own merits.

The dinosaurs are dead, they were likely awesome creatures. But still, people go to museums to view their remains, and gain a sense of that awesomeness. People dedicate their lives to finding their remains, reconstructing them, and create stories, attempting to detail their lives, one set of bones at a time.

I look at the images that have been posted, and want to know their stories.

When prey this large dies, the scavengers ought to come in droves. Why is that bad?

Hey all.

I would be king_of_manticores, and I'm working with friends to make a TC for EV Nova.

Soooo... I was browsing around on the Aftermath homepage, and I came across those stunning ship pics. I was wondering, Nick, if you would let me use some of the pics in my plug in. If you'll let me, I'll tell you what ones I'd like. Thanks.

@-redchigh-, on Dec 23 2007, 08:13 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I didn't mean to degrade your work that was done or be rude. I just think the graphics look really good and would hate for them to disappear...
plus, people are aching for screenshots of my TC and Im trying to get a few new graphics first...

My work? What's this?

I was just making a joke. I didn't mean to be rude, and I think I even asked for the Hypergate at one point. I actually don't have a problem with people using recycled graphics, but it did seem funny that half the topic is people asking to use them.

Pho3n1x, that ship is gorgeous! Did you make it in Bryce? I've been fiddling around with Bryce6, wondering if I could use it for making good-looking ships, but haven't gotten far. Any chance we could chat further on this topic via e-mail or PM?

@xinoph, on Jan 4 2008, 08:30 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Pho3n1x, that ship is gorgeous! Did you make it in Bryce? I've been fiddling around with Bryce6, wondering if I could use it for making good-looking ships, but haven't gotten far. Any chance we could chat further on this topic via e-mail or PM?

Yeah, Pho3n1x's ships are awesome, even better than mine! 😛

I just wanna know how he did the textures, mine are always procedural and therefore are lacking something.

@evweb, on Jan 4 2008, 03:34 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Yeah, Pho3n1x's ships are awesome, even better than mine! 😛

I just wanna know how he did the textures, mine are always procedural and therefore are lacking something.

I've seen yours posted here, they're not half-bad either 🙂
I'm delving into ship design; I think I could a decent job if I were better at textures. Maybe we can make it a New Year's resolution together to improve our texturing skills? A winter project? I know that could certainly improve my landscapes as well, obviously.

Were the data files for this ever actually released?

Does anyone have them?

I have a bunch of stuff, but I don't really feel comfortable releasing any of it without the permission of those who were still on the team when the project finally ended. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them, aside from maybe Hudson and Admiral Zombat, are still around today.