The Fate of Aftermath

@weepul-884, on Jul 25 2007, 10:10 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Why thank you. 😉

As we've said, a lot of our work will eventually be at least shown, if not made available for use. However, I think it's reasonable to say that gathering up our past productions isn't a high priority at the moment.

Oh. I guess I didn't read all of the original post. That's pretty reasonable, I guess. It would be really interesting to see all the completed work, though.

Yeah there's definitely still some really cool stuff you haven't seen yet.

There is?

I remember more Federation stuff.

@ue_research---development, on Jul 5 2007, 06:47 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I'm really, really sorry to hear about this :(. I hope you guys will try game development again in the future sometime...I'd love to think of what you could come up with, Nick.

what he said.

Also, I had no idea so many people were involved in the project.

I've gathered up most of the planets that I photoshopped for AM. They aren't doing me much good right now lying around on the external so I may as well make them available to any developers who can use them. So go ahead and download them and if you are interested in using them let me know, I might even do some more planet work in my little free time if I feel inspired. If that url doesn't let me know and I'll have to fiddle with it later.

http://www.mediafire.com/?adedjnn6w10

Wow... That's... Amazing. Incredible work there!

Nick, those are excellent. Would you mind if we used them for EV: Darkstar? They would do beautifully to speed up our overall development time. (EDIT: definitely would. If there are no duplicate images in that folder, those images alone would cover 51.3 % of our current demand for planet pictures).

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 04 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

I'd like to use one or two for my upcoming plugin Nebula: Detachment 17, if that's OK with you. Nobody's heard of it, because I haven't posted it on the boards yet (PM me for more info), but it's getting done (almost 20 missions at 2 or 3 per day, two new planets, one new system, new ship variants of all fed ships except RAGE, a new Auroran Carrier with BLUE engines (the start of a new line of ultra ships for the Aurorans), two new planet graphics (New Sparta, anyone?), a new intro screen, six new ranks, and more. I might post updates on it's progress later on.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 04 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Crusader and Cosmic, I wouldn't mind at all if you used them. Cosmic let me know which two ou want and I might have a larger version of each or masks/etc... Crusader you sound like you'd have them all, I'd expect you'd probably want me to take them down too. Let me know what I can do via pm or post.

I'll be using them all, yes, but there's no need to take them down unless you want to. I don't mind seeing the same planet in a couple of plugs, personally.

Honestly, with a couple of resizings and hue/saturation changes, I think I could stretch those out to fill all of our planets... Query: do you have all of the masks?

@crusader-alpha, on Aug 5 2007, 02:15 AM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Query: do you have all of the masks?

Masks are easy. Just select the black, or a circle around the planet if there is a lot of shadow, then inverse the selection (unless you selected with the circle), and fill with white. I could even do some if you needed it.

I can make masks, but in this case it can't be done by just selecting black, because part of the planet will be selected. Selecting a circle can be tedious to get right. I can, however, simply select black, create a mask out of the portion of the planet visible, and then duplicate and rotate the white portion until I have an entire, exact circle. This will take slightly longer than already having the masks, of course, but it shouldn't be too large of a problem.

@crusader-alpha, on Aug 5 2007, 01:15 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I can make masks, but in this case it can't be done by just selecting black, because part of the planet will be selected. Selecting a circle can be tedious to get right. I can, however, simply select black, create a mask out of the portion of the planet visible, and then duplicate and rotate the white portion until I have an entire, exact circle. This will take slightly longer than already having the masks, of course, but it shouldn't be too large of a problem.

Actually, it can be done easily with guides. Take a guide and put it to the pixel on the top of the planet with no margin. Then do another one on the left or right, all the way to the side. At the intersection point, click with the circle selection tool and drag towards the planet, after zooming in. Once you have it how you like it, fill the selected area with white. Don't worry if it's not perfect. Chances are, nobody will notice.

I am very interested in using whatever ships/graphics you wouldn't mind sparing. I am making a partial conversion for Nova, and I need high-quality ship/graphics. Since Aftermath is unfortunately ending, (It looked so good!), I was wondering if I could use some of the graphics.

@mastae, on Aug 5 2007, 03:29 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I am making a partial conversion for Nova.

That sounds interesting. How much do you have done?

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 5 2007, 01:10 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

Actually, it can be done easily with guides. Take a guide and put it to the pixel on the top of the planet with no margin. Then do another one on the left or right, all the way to the side. At the intersection point, click with the circle selection tool and drag towards the planet, after zooming in. Once you have it how you like it, fill the selected area with white. Don't worry if it's not perfect. Chances are, nobody will notice.

I haven't heard of that method. Can it be done with CS1?

I do like as much accuracy as possible, and will therefore probably use my method mostly, but what you're suggesting might come in handy.

@crusader-alpha, on Aug 5 2007, 04:54 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

I haven't heard of that method. Can it be done with CS1?

I do like as much accuracy as possible, and will therefore probably use my method mostly, but what you're suggesting might come in handy.

Sure. It's actually the most accurate method I've come across. Try it out. It's probably faster than what you're doing, although it may take some getting used to.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 5 2007, 03:56 PM, said in The Fate of Aftermath:

That sounds interesting. How much do you have done?

Here's a little report:

Systems: 100%
Planets: 80%
Governments: 90%
Ships: 25%
Graphics: 5%

Due to a couple things progress was halted for about two months, so I only started working on it again recently. My goal is to add5 or 6 governments, an appropriate amout of ships, a decent amout of systems and planets, and a few other things.

Was all this ever released as a combination?