3000 Progress Log

TC Progress. Please stay on topic.

In the year 3000...

Wars are still waged.

Money is on the center of most people's minds.

Commercialization is everywhere.

The governments try to interfere in the daily lives of their civilians.

There is a palpable yet hidden tension between the superpowers of earth...

No one can say for sure what will or won't happen tomorrow...

Here's what HAS changed in the last Millenia...

Space travel is a common occurance.

Earth has became too hostile an enviroment to support life.

The earthen governments are no longer united- In any shape or form.

Terrorism and Crime are a worse problem than ever on the outskirts of civilization...

LINKS
A Discussion on some outfits that led me do develop the plug for Nova- "Are these weapon/outfits even possible?"

former 3000 progress log (and cry for help) (got madly off topic, so had to make this one.)

Governments of the 3000 Universe

Here's my progress so far.
Weaps- done
ships- done.
Govts- done
Spins- done
Shans- done
Dudes- done
flet- on hold
systs- done

outf- 60% done.
Spobs- all done except hypergates

I still need someone to do graphics, but just trying to use nova and Evo graphics for now. If someone could help out with spins, rleDs and rle8's it would be greatly appreciated...

DEVELOPMENT TEAM: _

• SoItBegins- Map, mission help.

• Edwin| - Graphics

• Phlogios- Graphics (possibly)

_

So Edwin, where do we start? ^^

Edwin: I'm going to model the UROS Mule, I'll send you the model when it's done.

When I first saw this title, I missed a zero and thought someone was trying to do a 300 TC.

Our fighters will block out the sun!

Good, then we'll fight in... even more darkness!

Anyway. Good ideas, -REDCHIGH-, I wishest thou luck.

@shlimazel, on Dec 1 2007, 09:47 AM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

Our fighters will block out the sun!

Good, then we'll fight in... even more darkness!
Anyway. Good ideas, -REDCHIGH-, I wishest thou luck.

Thank you.
I wonder where Edwin| is...

Lurking

also working on that missile dessie from teh concept you sent me. it's pretty vague though, so i fear i shall be taking a great many liberties with it.

EDIT checks his PM or i'm doing the guardian, whichever

This post has been edited by Edwin| : 01 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

@edwin-, on Dec 1 2007, 11:29 AM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

Lurking

also working on that missile dessie from teh concept you sent me. it's pretty vague though, so i fear i shall be taking a great many liberties with it.

EDIT checks his PM or i'm doing the guardian, whichever

I want both of you to take liberties... That way your own styles will be imprinted on the designs... Just remember, the finished sprite for the mule should be around 75x75, 80x80 and the guardian around... 125x125
(measurments are for the tiles, both ships are kind of slender...

@-redchigh-, on Dec 1 2007, 06:50 PM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

I want both of you to take liberties... That way your own styles will be imprinted on the designs... Just remember, the finished sprite for the mule should be around 75x75, 80x80 and the guardian around... 125x125
(measurments are for the tiles, both ships are kind of slender...

You haven't sent me the new concepts, all I have seen is three UROS ships. Where? Gimme! 😛

@phlogios, on Dec 1 2007, 05:06 PM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

You haven't sent me the new concepts, all I have seen is three UROS ships. Where? Gimme! 😛

I want to keep some secrets so ya'll can enjoy playing the alpha test version to work out the kinks. I think you'll do a great job on the UROS ships... just like Edwin | will do great with the Draconic "Guardian" and the DCW ships. After these, you will be able to choose your governments and designs. I just want to test ya'll a bit to see your styles...

@-redchigh-, on Dec 2 2007, 06:13 AM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

I want to keep some secrets so ya'll can enjoy playing the alpha test version to work out the kinks. I think you'll do a great job on the UROS ships... just like Edwin | will do great with the Draconic "Guardian" and the DCW ships. After these, you will be able to choose your governments and designs. I just want to test ya'll a bit to see your styles...

you DID say that you were going to scan the other pictures and send them to me. Remember that I said the pictures you sent me were hard to understand?

Everyone check your PM's please.

Also, all the weapon outfits are done!
Now Im just tweaking the ships and weaps to get them to behave properly... Also setting up placeholder graphics so I can observe easier...
I'll let you three play around with it when I have the kinks worked out, okay?

Well, this is very interesting, and I can do some alpha testing for sure.

I found some killer audio to use... so go vote on my TC size poll here- http://www.ambrosias...howtopic=117234
if you haven't already.

If you would like a tease...

too bad. I'll have screenshots up soon! >:-)

I'm here to announce that I've been asked by redchigh to help with this project. I will be working on some graphics, and I should be available to help with anything else I might be needed for.

This is my wonderful return to the forums.

I will try to get a website together before January to post what I've done, and I will try to keep it updated. I should be able to afford the hosting package I was planning on buying last year by the end of this year, so I'll have virtually unlimited space and direct FTP access to make updating easier.

I am also working on EVN: Heretic, so I will be very busy. I will do my best to keep up on both projects.

I've done nothing yet. I'm working on figuring out exactly what I'm doing. I've used each of the skills necessary once before, but never all of them in conjunction. Well, now I have, so things should get easier from here, and I might be able to get work done on this plug.

I've done one ship for Heretic, and I figured out the basics of a temporary workflow to get these things out, but I need to rework my modeling and rendering solution. We'll see how it all goes soon enough. Come the (western) new year, I should have things mostly figured out and mostly automated, so all I have to do is design the ships, click a button, and instantly have everything I need.

Maybe I should learn to program in something so I can make a program that accepts 3D files in multiple formats, allows preparation of them with lighting placement, etc. then places cameras, spins the ship, banks the ship, spins it, outputs graphics in the correct formats, then puts the graphics in the correct plugin format so I don't have to do it all manually.

...so anyone interested in learning how to use SketchUp, Photoshop, SpinApp, and p2s in conjunction to make beginner-level ship graphics, complete with how to import them into MissionComputer, make rles, shans, and ships, please PM me. If I get enough responses, I might set up a tutorial on the web someplace.

Once I have the money to buy my preferred hosting package, I will get to work setting up said tutorials ahead of asking, so they're all available to the public need.

-Dash

What kind of progress has everyone made?

NOTE to everyone else- This plug-in will not be rushed, although I'd like a steady pace.

I also would like help with missions- Anyone who's reading this if you'd like to help, just let me know. I can do the descs, I'd just like someone to do the bits and misn resources. If anyong is interested, just post here.

@-redchigh-, on Dec 29 2007, 07:53 AM, said in 3000 Progress Log:

What kind of progress has everyone made?

NOTE to everyone else- This plug-in will not be rushed, although I'd like a steady pace.

I also would like help with missions- Anyone who's reading this if you'd like to help, just let me know. I can do the descs, I'd just like someone to do the bits and misn resources. If anyong is interested, just post here.

Interested right after I finish the map.

great... but I may redo the missions we had done... I came up with some more universe-changing ideas... 🙂

Another important update- Governments are complete! Im now working on sounds for the weapons...

Got another map update in. Redchigh seems to have vanished. I'm still working...