3000 Progress Log

OK, huge news update. Here's everything:

1. 3000 has an official filestorage/download location now. It can be found here at Box, but it's password-protected. If you want the password, PM me.

The filestore has the newest version, with updated governments and map.

2. I got through to Redchigh. He is apparently somewhere where his access to the Net is limited, so I'm going to temporarily take over day-to-day operations of the plugin until he reappears.

REDCHIGH: If you have returned, or you object to me doing this, please PM me and tell me to stand down.

Everybody else: What progress have you made on what you were... say, what were you working on anyway?

Well, it took months upon months, but THE GALAXY MAP FOR 3000 IS COMPLETE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :hector_bird: <_< :laugh: I've built the container-- now we can build the world.

P.S: I am never single-handedly making an EV3 galaxy map from scratch again for _AS LONG AS I LIVE!:( _(tired out) **

SoItBegins, I suggest moving a backup copy of your work to a DVD or thumbdrive NOW.

aye.

Agreed. Doesn't this mean it' officially up for vote because we had three supporters?

All my work with EV Nova is backed up on my thumb drive every time I modify something; 10 out of 10 doctors recommend backups as opposed to more back breaking working and gallons of tears.

I actually back it up to a secure filestore at box.net.

Make a hard local copy anyway. Good that you're backing up, but nothing beats local.

Actually, one thing does beat local - physical media stored both onsite and off, and swapped regularly.

3D galaxy map or GTFO.

Here it is:

Posted Image

AHH! Denser than Nova's! Nice job.

It's also rather more complex (an encouragement to use the hypergate system.)

Holy ###### that's one epic starmap! Beautiful!

I'm quietly impressed. 🙂

As opposed to the rest of us, who are loudly impressed.

Nice work!

AHHHHH! I am scared to pieces by that map!!!! 😮

And that was set by hand. Someone should write a program to automatically generate map, segmented, with varying degree of complexity (Polaris, Auroran, Federation, Vellos, Krypt).
I can't really commit myself to anything but I could occasionally help with the logic of it.

Yeah. I placed EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM on that map. I'm just glad for the many, many game soundtracks I have stored into iTunes.

Now you know how we at ATMOS felt. 🙂 Stephen Chick and I plotted the original starmap. Luke, Jason, Steve and myself named every system and decided what would be in it. Jason then placed every stellar object. I wrote the Federation descriptions (most of them), and Jason wrote almost all the others single-handedly.

i often reread the same topic from the begining and i came across a request for mission bits people is that still an open position?