Clavius rEVisited

I just don't want to give the players a headache. Not that it'll be as small as it looks to me in most cases. I'd hazard most people play Nova at 1024x768, not 1280x1024 with Nova in a 1024x768 window.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 19 March 2007 - 02:59 AM

Ok, next task. I almost forgot about this one. I have to do system placement. rEVisited's system placement on the map is different from the original EV's coordinates. The good news is that the way it offsets things is a calculable offset from the original positions, so it's not terribly hard. Just tedious. More news once I have it done.

@captjosh, on Mar 19 2007, 03:01 AM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

The good news is that the way it offsets things is a calculable offset from the original positions, so it's not terribly hard. Just tedious.

A job for ConText and Excel, perhaps. 🙂

The values are just doubled I believe. This was done to make the map borders look a bit better - they were otherwise too close together.

I think it was doubled, yes. I haven't had time to revisit it. I just moved to Seattle. Things are going to be sporadic. Derakon, please, keep up your excellent work with the ships. I will stay in touch as best I can. And thanks for everyone's support. Move or no, this is going to be completed this time.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 26 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

I have a lot of projects that I work on, and each tends to get sporadic attention. What you saw with the Atomos, Korg, and Sentinel was my starting burst; other things should dribble in as I stop working on other projects.

Ok, I have my personal rig back online. Will update you all ASAP about further progress on my end. Also. I may soon have a working Mac to tinker with and see what I can do on the Mac side of things. It'll only be and older iMac, but it'll be something I can use to test development for both platforms on which Nova runs.

Ok, updates. No actual progress made at this time. I've been busy hunting for a job. I do have a working iMac running OS 10.4, so I'll soon be able to test out working on this using Mission Computer, which would be nice, as I could just dev under MacOS and put out both plug-formats for testing.

Hello all :rolleyes:

First of all, sorry for my poor english... Ten years after, my english is not better (may be worse 😉 ).
I say "ten years after" because I'm the main author of Clavius (the guy who signed "DYNA Systems").
I'm sorry to find this topic just now because I could have helped for this new version of my "old baby" because I still have some Infini-3D stuff (ships and outfits).

Folks, I have just read this thread with so much emotion ! Clavius seems to be still alive, incredible ! :rolleyes:
(while typing, I download the new version)

I have to say that I didn't come here for a very long time: I tried Nova when it came out and wasn't totally satisfied. I prefer the original EV.

A couple of days ago, I wanted to show EV to my son on a PowerBook by launching Classic but EV wasn't playable because ship movements was very jerky, even when giving EV a lot of RAM. I don't know why... any ideas?

OK now I'm gonna try to run this brand new Clavius with Nova :rolleyes:
Thank you very much to all people who made Clavius live again !

Well, you got to get on with the time, zaxted. Even Tim Isles is working on his first Nova TC, and it is almost done.

Now for the EV Question, it pretty much stopped being reliable after 10.2.8, something.

What was your system specs?

@zaxted, on Apr 20 2007, 07:42 AM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

Hello all :rolleyes:

First of all, sorry for my poor english... Ten years after, my english is not better (may be worse 😉 ).
I say "ten years after" because I'm the main author of Clavius (the guy who signed "DYNA Systems").
I'm sorry to find this topic just now because I could have helped for this new version of my "old baby" because I still have some Infini-3D stuff (ships and outfits).

You're the DYNA Systems guy? Do you still have all the old stuff, like Clavius 3.3.3 and Plug Checker 1.5.1? Can't seem to find those anywhere on the net.

@guy, on Apr 19 2007, 06:17 PM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

You're the DYNA Systems guy? Do you still have all the old stuff, like Clavius 3.3.3 and Plug Checker 1.5.1? Can't seem to find those anywhere on the net.

Yes I am, and here there are the requested files:

http://wow.tripoy.co...dBeyond_333.zip
http://wow.tripoy.co...Checker_151.zip

@kauthor: my OS is 10.3.9
Maybe the problem comes from the default Classic extensions. I've tried to launch Classic with all extensions but it's the same 😞

Another thing, is it possible to transfert a pilot file from Mac to PC? Sorry if the question has already been asked.

Well, the pc pilot file use .plt, so I doubt it won't work. And you might as well run EV under EVN for that point because it stopped working a few years ago.

@zaxted, on Apr 20 2007, 08:50 PM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

Yes I am, and here there are the requested files:

http://wow.tripoy.co...dBeyond_333.zip
http://wow.tripoy.co...Checker_151.zip

@kauthor: my OS is 10.3.9
Maybe the problem comes from the default Classic extensions. I've tried to launch Classic with all extensions but it's the same 😞

Another thing, is it possible to transfert a pilot file from Mac to PC? Sorry if the question has already been asked.

Thanks, but how did you zip those? The resource forks are all missing. OS X's built-in zipping should do fine in this case.

There is a Pilot Converter program you could try. It has some rather terrible graphical glitches but it does work.

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

@guy, on Apr 20 2007, 04:32 PM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

Thanks, but how did you zip those? The resource forks are all missing. OS X's built-in zipping should do fine in this case.

Done.
Here are the .sit files:

http://sw.ixoft.com/...dBeyond_333.sit
http://sw.ixoft.com/...Checker_151.sit

Thanks for PilotConverter, it works 🙂

Thanks, they work now :). Would you mind if I uploaded Plug Checker to the EVO addons (or you could do it yourself if you like)?

@guy, on Apr 21 2007, 06:24 AM, said in Clavius rEVisited:

Would you mind if I uploaded Plug Checker to the EVO addons?

You can without any problem. I didn't think Plug Checker was still useful.

It is to anyone working with the original EV/O. An extremely useful utility 🙂

Even I sometimes fire up Basillisk II and play EV and EVO directly instead of the ported versions on top of the Nova engine under Windows.

That said, now I wish I had a progress report. I haven't done anything new since last time. I was too busy hunting for a job, which I now have and that's taking a fair amount of time on its own. Hopefully I'll at least fix the system positions to match up with rEVisited soon. Then I can start testing some stuff in game, I hope.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 24 April 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hey Josh, if you downloaded 3.3.3 you'll notice it says this in the version history:
- 3.33 January 2000: lots of grammatical mistakes corrected by Mark Blockinger.

Might be a good idea to check that out 😉