Ashen Galaxy

Not yet. We may be getting a computer with our tax rebate. If that doesn't happen I'll start looking for help.

If you really want to finish it you could probably pick up a G3 iMac or equivalent for <$30 which will handle mission computer/EVN easily.(I bought one for basic stuff like email/word processing for Ł18)

@gray-shirt-ninja, on May 22 2008, 03:46 PM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

Not yet. We may be getting a computer with our tax rebate.

Well, there's one good thing about the slowdown...

get a COOL computer like a cardboard or plastic one. 😄

This post has been edited by of doom : 23 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

@of-doom, on May 23 2008, 12:31 PM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

get a COOL computer like a cardboard or plastic one. 😄

hahaha. a cardboard computer would be awesome! :laugh:

and I feel your pain, gray shirt ninja. My computer keeps having problems as well.

btw, since you are currantly in the belly of a Grue, do you think you might become biblical?

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 25 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Um... yeah. Sure. But it's gonna be longer then three days.

It looks like we won't be getting a new computer for a while. If you're interested in helping me finish this beast, apply via PM. Duties will be moderate as AG is basically complete. You'll just help me check some things off my to-do list and upload the completed plug. Experienced developers only please. If I'm going to have to walk you through anything, you're probably not experienced enough. I'd also prefer someone who isn't already working on three other projects. The more free time you have, the quicker we can finish and release.

Don't spend $30 on a computer which will support the bare minimum. Seriously.
Anyway, I think I'll apply, but my PM'ing system is messed up because my name has only numbers. Should I email you, or what?

@0101181920, on Jun 3 2008, 02:01 PM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

Don't spend $30 on a computer which will support the bare minimum. Seriously.
Anyway, I think I'll apply, but my PM'ing system is messed up because my name has only numbers. Should I email you, or what?

Heh, I wonder if it is because your name starts with a zero, and therefore looks like octal, then dies when it is parsed up to the 8.

I've been working on graphics. I'm kind of waiting for 1.1 to come out and motivate me though. So you can expect AG some time after 1.1 is released.

we don't even know 1.1 will come out.

I bet cookies on October 08 through March 09, remember?

@of-doom, on Aug 6 2008, 11:24 AM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

we don't even know 1.1 will come out.

Yes we do. 1.1.0 is undergoing beta testing right now.

I'll bite. What sort of features can we expect to see in this new update? Multiplayer, or just intel compatibility?

@nebuchadnezzar, on Jun 6 2008, 06:52 AM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

Heh, I wonder if it is because your name starts with a zero, and therefore looks like octal, then dies when it is parsed up to the 8.

Actually, it probably is.

@shlimazel, on Aug 6 2008, 12:23 PM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

I'll bite. What sort of features can we expect to see in this new update? Multiplayer, or just intel compatibility?

It doesn't add intel support, just support for the Macbook/Pro/Air screen. It works fine on Intels.

No multiplayer. There is no multiplayer. There is no such thing. It's not a word. Thou shalt not say it again, or thou shalt not be expecting the Spanish Inquisition. And then there will be... the soft pillows....

Put her in... THE COMFY CHAIR!!!!

But, no. I'm more concerned about the Canadian Inquisition. Just ask Quaanol.

@0101181920, on Aug 6 2008, 01:37 PM, said in Ashen Galaxy:

It doesn't add intel support, just support for the Macbook/Pro/Air screen. It works fine on Intels.

Actually, that's not true. The update is going to make Nova a universal binary, which should give Nova many more years of life.

There is a thread for the discussion of 1.1.0.

I get my information from another source. :ninja: