[ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 1 2008, 03:15 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

EVWeb, some of those pictures were put in the game Engima, right? I recognize some of those outfit pictures.

Wow, someone noticed. Gotta be a first. But yes, the outfits were made for Enigma. The ship was designed entirely from the ground up for CTC-C.

Oh wait, I don' need an email address from Crusader, I just need to send a PM. I must not be thinking straight today. >_<

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 01 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

@crusader-alpha, on Jul 30 2008, 08:44 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

I have an old capital ship that you can use. I'd like to texture it a little more up to my current standards, and I can modify it like you see fit, but I'm not going to use it for anything. This is it in it's current stage:

Attachment frigate.jpg

Umm, move the keel a little farther back, smooth out the keel ball, flip it onto the topside, and you'll have yourself a nice yacht. Might want to close up that hole in the middle of the hull too and add a V-point. As it is that keel would drag the bow under, and the angle of the deck would make it cartwheel.

edit: can you tell I'm spending my summer teaching sailing?

This post has been edited by LNSU : 01 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Update to the scene ( this one is bigger for the boards, one in plug is normal size 😞

Posted Image

And plug with all the ship related graphics ( IDs are junk, so you'll have to fix those, and no target picture 😞
CTC Cruiser Plug ( Updated )

Updated the Plug with a few updates, the ids it uses are currently for the Fed Carrier so I could test it out.

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Wow. That is amazing. Just one suggestion: around the little energy ball thing, there's a very abrupt cutoff for the area of flying particles. Look at the bottom. Light red, dark red, space. If you could, it would be nice to have it trail off gradually, getting less dense as it gets farther away. It doesn't have to go too much farther than it is right now. I've had the same problem with sparking graphics in Photoshop, and it's really annoying. It looks fine as it is, but there's always a way to make it better.

Murder, bloody murder!

I hadn't realized how difficult it would be to find Gun and Turret exit points in MC 4 without a template. Looks like I'll be using NovaTools or EVNEW for this part...

All in all, however, the ship itself is absolutely gorgeous in game. 🙂 It's just the exit points that have me pinned...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 02 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Here are some pictures of my ship in-game as the Fed Carrier:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

@jacabyte, on Aug 2 2008, 09:28 AM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

Murder, bloody murder!

I hadn't realized how difficult it would be to find Gun and Turret exit points in MC 4 without a template. Looks like I'll be using NovaTools or EVNEW for this part...

The new shan already has them in.

Oh, okay...

Edit: I got the same file as I did before in the updated version. Wrong URL?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 02 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

It looks as though the laser is coming out at the wrong angle and not in line with the ship.

@eirikr, on Aug 2 2008, 10:41 AM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

It looks as though the laser is coming out at the wrong angle and not in line with the ship.

Yeah, that's been fixed a bit since then, but since I don't have access to Nova Tools, I can't get it just right.

And here are the outfit graphics ( no spins yet 😞

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Beams don't line up quite right with Nova's 3d graphics. They shoot in a circle as if they were for EVC and EVO graphics.

Yeah, but these screens here show them lining up a bit better.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

Yeah those do line up better.

The other turrets look cool as well!

Well...I'm definitely not adding graphics to this venture. Besides my computer being broken right now, I'm way outclassed by EVWeb.

I might be willing to throw in some sfx, if I actually get around to them. We'll see how that goes in the next few days. If I don't post one in the next week or so, assume it's not going to happen.

That would be great, Geek went MIA on me, so I don't know what's happened to him or if he's still working on sounds. So the sound department has stalled for now.

Graphics is chugging along quite nicely, hopefully it'll keep going until summer break ends. The graphics list has been updated, by the way. 😉

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hey EVWeb. Just wanted to say your work is simply awesome but there is one thing that bugged me... In the battle pic the missiles didn't launch in the same direction as the ship or other weapons were being fired. Maybe it's my mind getting to me but I think if it went closer to the same direction it might look a little bit better 😃

Once again, Nice!

I need to model a ship I haven't designed. If you want, can you PM me your design? I'll then attempt to model it.

Heres A ship model you can use. I wont mind.

IDA Warship

This post has been edited by Mac_Dude : 04 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

Thanks, but I'll pass. I'd like someone more experienced to work on the third ship. 🙂