[ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!

Ooh, pretty nice. The two are actually close enough right now that they could just about work down at sprite size, if I made my lighting a little stronger.

Edit: a lot stronger. I'm gonna fiddle with that right now, actually.

This post has been edited by Crusader Alpha : 30 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

@evweb, on Jul 30 2008, 09:37 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

Dang Crusader... now you're gonna make my attempt look bad. Anyway here's my attempt even though you said you want ships to be a certain way, but you posted that after I had started on this, so here it is anyway.

And yes I know, the texture needs work, but I did it in 2 hours so it still it just a concept.

Ooo... This is actually close to what I had in mind for one of the ships. It seems a bit small to me, though. Do you think you could give it a weapons animation (e.g. The sprite that lights up for the Thunderforge, Raven or Arachnid from Nova when they fire their weapons) and additional weapons like turrets and a missile bay? If so, email me. (I believe the "email" button in my profile works, or just use the one in my first post)

And Crusader, I'm pretty sure somebody will find a use for that ship of yours, or can be used in Acheron. To me, it looks too much like a snail and not enough like a warship to get into CTC-C. Whether or not that's a good thing is for you to decide. 😉

Here's version 2, and yes, I can give it the power weapon animation, but that'll take a little bit.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Lookin' good, EVWeb. 🙂

Sweet... Looks awesome.

In Scene:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Are you finished with it yet? You've got me on the edge of my seat here! 😄

In the final version, could you make the weapon animation red or white? The beam that will be activating that animation is going to be red with a white corona.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 31 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

@jacabyte, on Jul 31 2008, 09:07 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

Are you finished with it yet? You've got me on the edge of my seat here! 😄

Not yet! 😛

I'll add more things to the scene to balance it a bit more later.

Okay, and in case you didn't read my edit, I'll repeat it; could you make the weapon animation red or white? The beam that will be activating that animation is going to be red with a white corona.

@jacabyte, on Jul 31 2008, 09:12 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

Okay, and in case you didn't read my edit, I'll repeat it; could you make the weapon animation red or white? The beam that will be activating that animation is going to be red with a white corona.

Will do, but tomorrow.

Drools with envy

Oh, and if you need any outfit graphics, here are some previews at 100x100. Get them here (22 in all).

If you like any, tell me and I'll fix them up a bit, then render them at 200x200.

Oh yes! I could use larger versions of A, HR, HRL, M and MR. Would it be possible to get weapons sprites for the missiles? Those would be extremely useful.

@jacabyte, on Aug 1 2008, 12:30 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

Oh yes! I could use larger versions of A, HR, HRL, M and MR. Would it be possible to get weapons sprites for the missiles? Those would be extremely useful.

Ok, I'll post them a bit later. And yes it would.

Oh, dang. I never thought it had looked like a snail. Well, I'd like to get at least (i)something(i) into this, seeing as I did a pretty good portion of CTC's graphics, and I sometimes need to take breathers from Acheron. Could you send me a piece of concept art?

My effing scanner doesn't work and I don't know how long it'll be before we get a new one. <_<

@jacabyte, on Aug 1 2008, 01:58 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

My effing scanner doesn't work and I don't know how long it'll be before we get a new one. <_<

Don't have a camera or cell phone either?

Just a simple image manipulation program that you could do a basic concept on would be fine with me also, if it worked for what you were trying to do.

EVWeb, some of those pictures were put in the game Engima, right? I recognize some of those outfit pictures.

I hadn't thought about the camera. I've got a picture of one of my ships' sketch. 🙂 It's a 350 Kb .jpg, so I'll have to email it to you if you don't mind.

And no, I don't like to use image manipulation programs for concept art without an electronic pen pad. (We have one at our school) It just doesn't feel right, I'd rather use a pencil.