Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs)

A rather big project that has everything except finished missions

The Vaynar Allaince was my pet project once I got EV:Nova

So I added a lot of ship, outfits, systems - everything. the new faction has everything it would ever need. Except missions. I started working on that too, but mission making, with all the endless bit fields cross-references was irritating.. (I got windowz) and I started modding other games so this mod kinda got stuck in limbo.

I decided to release what I have so far, maby other people could use it, or, if they are interested in the mod/story, even decide to make the missions I didn't.

The rar itself is 7 MB large

The faction has 3 new fighters, 1 bomber, 4 capships and a LOT of new weapons and outfits, it's own interface, the works!
It has it's own small terriotry (acessible trough a wormhole in Tuatha system). There are 4-5 working missions (that are rather random)

DOWNLOAD AT RAPIDSHARE(7 MB)<<<

ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD - use at own risk (7 MB)<<<

I don't have EV:N installed atm, so instead of a in-game screenshot here's a rendering of some of the ships from the plug 🙂
Posted Image

This post has been edited by TrashMan : 26 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

Neeeat.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 26 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

Just to clear some things - the reason I uploaded this plug is becouse it's pretty likely I will never finish it and I don't want the work to go to waste.

If someone wants to take it upon himself to finish the mission - fine by me - I even put a short synopsis of what the mod should have been about.

If you want to use the images, ships, outfits or anything else for your own mod - again, fine by me. I put it up to be used, for the community.

Help yourselves lads.

EDIT: If anyone had problems with corrupted files, I added a new RapidShare link in the first post.

This post has been edited by TrashMan : 26 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

Not bad, I could use a few of the outfit graphics for Colosseum. Looks like you had something pretty nice going on. A shame you're having to scrap it. Good thing you're releasing what you have done though, it really helps those still developing their projects. People need to do that more often, rather than burying their work where it won't be seen by anyone else.

And welcome to the boards!

Oh, and to everyone else, the plug is in .rez format. Mac users will need to use Mission Computer to view it or convert it before viewing.

I think there's something me and REDCHIGH can use in here...

I remember downloading an earlier teaser for this and liking it alot. I might dowload this just to fly around in the pretty ships.

nice work, and welcome to the boards! 😄

(PS, one other note, are the images that grainy simply becouse of JPEG compression, or were they like that from the beginning. in short, what renderer are you using?)

@soitbegins, on Dec 26 2007, 08:57 PM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

I think there's something me and REDCHIGH can use in here...

And me! ;D

Oh ya, Edwin| too.

Very cool! The antialiasing on your ships isn't good, and they look grainy, but if those problems were fixed I'd have a really hard time finding better ships anywhere.

THose were made when I got the EV:Nova virus...everything in the plug was made within two weeks 😛

Yeah..I remeber forgotting to turn on AA for a few of the first ships I made and then spent half the day cursing..

Arranging 100 small picies in a grid..LOL..those were they days.

EDIT: Now that I looks t it I do see some ships could have been made better. Hm.. I think I have all of those models still on my HDD, in fact, some have been re-made with far more detail. If someone REALLY wants a few of those ships I can make a rotation render with better setting...

This post has been edited by TrashMan : 26 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

@trashman, on Dec 26 2007, 04:37 PM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

THose were made when I got the EV:Nova virus...everything in the plug was made within two weeks 😛

Yeah..I remeber forgotting to turn on AA for a few of the first ships I made and then spent half the day cursing..

Arranging 100 small picies in a grid..LOL..those were they days.
EDIT: Now that I looks t it I do see some ships could have been made better. Hm.. I think I have all of those models still on my HDD, in fact, some have been re-made with far more detail. If someone REALLY wants a few of those ships I can make a rotation render with better setting...

If you were to do that I would be eternally grateful, and would most definately use them in my TC. Info is in my sig. Any other models would also be appreciated... If you use the same program as phlogios then maybe he could do the work for you...

I use Truespace or sometimes 3D studio Max.

Name the ship you'd like new images of, and what kind of background you want (full green,black) and I'll make new render images with AA turned on 😛

@trashman, on Dec 27 2007, 07:45 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

I use Truespace or sometimes 3D studio Max.

Name the ship you'd like new images of, and what kind of background you want (full green,black) and I'll make new render images with AA turned on 😛

I'm not sure antialiasing is your big problem.... From the pixelated appearance of your sprites, I'm wondering if you perhaps rendered them with 256 colors. EVN can handle RLEs with thousands of colrs, and most RLE-making apps should be able to generate them from images that have millions of colors.

Other than that, your work looks great!

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 27 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

@joshtigerheart, on Dec 26 2007, 11:03 AM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

Not bad, I could use a few of the outfit graphics for Colosseum. Looks like you had something pretty nice going on. A shame you're having to scrap it. Good thing you're releasing what you have done though, it really helps those still developing their projects. People need to do that more often, rather than burying their work where it won't be seen by anyone else.

And welcome to the boards!

Oh, and to everyone else, the plug is in .rez format. Mac users will need to use Mission Computer to view it or convert it before viewing.

I like your work. Mind if I use some of your ships, ship names, and weapons for my TC?

I must agree with Josh here. Another good thing about putting your work online is that you will be able to see it in other projects, such as Josh's.

You don't even have to ask. TI's the reason I put it up in hte first place mate 😉

@trashman, on Jan 1 2008, 04:30 PM, said in Half-finished PLUG (up for grabs):

You don't even have to ask. TI's the reason I put it up in hte first place mate 😉

Right, and thanks. This'll give me and my team some progress on our team's plugs as well.

Just to give you guys a heads-up.

If you want newer images of a ship, all you have to do it tell me what ship, what image size and number of frames and I'll quickly render and give you the images.

He's a small teaser...some ships have evolved a bit 😛

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by TrashMan : 27 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hey Trashman from Hard-light. I see your importing some ships from your mod for Freespace 2 into Nova, cool.

HOLY CRAP! THOSE ARE AMAZING!

Well, TrashMan, I would like a few things for my TC.

You know the Phoenix and the Thunderhawk? I am going to be using that for my TC. My question is, could you modify the designs on the Thunderhawk and the Phoenix so that it looks like Auroran fighters? Thanks if you could do that. If you're not busy, I would appreciate some rleDs, but if you can only get the ships that would be fine...

(EDIT) Oh, yeah. I forgot: I'd like the Bomber in an orange dragon-like design and I'd also pretty much like the Corvette in an Auroran design as well.

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 28 January 2008 - 01:15 AM

Where could I see a full list of the ships?

Should I download the plug? Is it available yet?
Personally, I think I could use ALL of them.
Variety is the spice of life, eh?