MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available

I am sorry but I'm understanding what your asking me to do? It is only those two resources that are not going away.

Eug, crap. I now can't get rid of any planets.

I think something funky must have happened with the plug.

EDIT: Now it is back to only being 1126 down to 1100.

Is there a limit to how small the planet can be? I am using one that is 10x10 that is the only thing I can see in common with those resources. That and that these particular spöbs were added in the 4 and not 3.

EDIT2: Seems it happens when I accidentally add one spöb to two different systems and then try and delete it.

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 10 January 2008 - 08:04 AM

That problem of not being able to type -1 in the explosion field in the röid resource is also there in the shďp resource.

@sp3cies, on Jan 10 2008, 11:20 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

That problem of not being able to type -1 in the explosion field in the röid resource is also there in the shďp resource.

Fixed, thanks.

You know how I was talking about adding one spöb into two systems and that making things screwy. That happens cause resources don't seem to stay in the same place when I go to add a spöb to the system. I think the last one to be edited goes at the bottom of the list but I'm not sure. Is that a new feature or have you just not gotten around to fixing it?

@sp3cies, on Jan 10 2008, 10:03 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

That happens cause resources don't seem to stay in the same place when I go to add a spöb to the system. I think the last one to be edited goes at the bottom of the list but I'm not sure.

I’m not really sure what you’re saying happens — planets should stay at the same point in the list unless you explicitly move them (though they can be at a different point in different systems). Is this what you’re saying changes? I can’t get anything here to behave other than as it should. Can you give me an exact description of the actions you’re taking, and what goes wrong?

Hmmm, well lets see. You know how when your in the s˙st resource you have the option to add a spöb from a list of the spöbs that your already have or make a new one. Well if I decide to choose one from the list of already made spöbs it shows them all fine but the ones near the bottom of the list are all jumbled up. For example say I have made a bunch of spöbs 128, 129, 130 and 131, in 3.3 they show up in that order no matter what. However in 4, if I have just added spöb 129 to a system and then open a new system in which I want to add a different one I need to watch out cause they will be in this order, 128, 130, 131, 129.
I added two picture to show what I mean.

Attached File(s)

@sp3cies, on Jan 11 2008, 11:52 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

Well if I decide to choose one from the list of already made spöbs it shows them all fine but the ones near the bottom of the list are all jumbled up.

Okay, I’ve traced and fixed this; the reason I was confused is that the bug had nothing to do with s˙sts or spöbs (rather, it was in the Resource Selector dialogue used by all editors for all resource types).

Also: the coloured starmap even works for the older games (though the colours are hard-coded):
Attached File EVStarmap.png (27.87K)
Number of downloads: 41

Is Lethe showing as uninhabited there?

It looks cyan, not white.

The whole thing looks awesome, in fact. Time for beta or fc maybe?

Yes, the crash is reproducible. Actually, it seems to crash only when closing the windows for shďp, wëap, oütf and the 'Galaxy' window. I haven't encounted any other problems at all, although it seems that my computers just screwy, in light of everyone else comments.

Again, thank for making this brilliant tool.

@qaanol, on Jan 11 2008, 08:03 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

It looks cyan, not white.

Hm. Not so good with my color vision deficiency. A yellow would work better for me, for what it's worth.

@templar98921, on Jan 11 2008, 09:58 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

Yes, the crash is reproducible. Actually, it seems to crash only when closing the windows for shďp, wëap, oütf and the 'Galaxy' window. I haven't encounted any other problems at all, although it seems that my computers just screwy, in light of everyone else comments.

Hmm... such things are difficult to trace, but hopefully it will go away as the code tightens up. I’ll glance over the editor model again, though, and see if I can spot anything wrong.

@qaanol, on Jan 11 2008, 08:03 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

The whole thing looks awesome, in fact. Time for beta or fc maybe?

For it to be time for beta, MissionComputer 4 would have to be feature-complete. 🙂 But I do plan another alpha fairly soon.

@david-arthur, on Jan 12 2008, 07:09 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

For it to be time for beta, MissionComputer 4 would have to be feature-complete. 🙂 But I do plan another alpha fairly soon.

Then what do you consider "feature-complete"? The only features I can think of that aren't there yet is graphical interfaces for editing weapons and such. After that will it be complete enough? If not, what other features do you plan on implementing?

If it wouldn't take much thought, could you give us list of new fixes and features that will be added once this alpha is complete, and what else you are currently working on. Just to keep us up to date and be able to help find more bugs 🙂

I hate to sound asinine, but am I correct in assuming that 3.3.3 is the last stable release of MC?

@rmx256, on Jan 16 2008, 01:45 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

I hate to sound asinine, but am I correct in assuming that 3.3.3 is the last stable release of MC?

I believe that that's the version I used to use because it was most stable, although MC4 alpha 4 is stable enough for me work on, although editing governments is a pain, too many unexpected quits. 😞

This post has been edited by EV Wolf : 16 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

@rmx256, on Jan 16 2008, 04:45 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

3.3.3 is the most recent ‘release’ version. ‘Stable’ is a bit harder to measure; on my computer, 4.0 has been much more stable than 3.3.3 for many months now, but some people have found otherwise on theirs.

EV Wolf: There are various small things on the list, and I do hope to expand the range of the editors a bit more. Also, as you've seen, new features also come up in the course of alpha-testing.

Dr. Trowel: I don't know how useful this would be, but in my /applications/utilities folder there's a program called DigitalColor Meter which can tell you the exact RGB value of any pixel you mouse over.

How's things going with MC?

@sp3cies, on Jan 31 2008, 09:33 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a4 now available:

How's things going with MC?

The next alpha should be ready shortly — there are just a few small things I want to check before posting it.

Goodie.

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 31 January 2008 - 03:45 PM