Nebula: D.O.A.

I want the system to become visible upon accepting the mission, not completion. However, when I tried that, the system remained completely invisible until I arrived at the system adjacent to it. What to happen is this:

1. You haven't even been offered the mission yet, and the system is invisible

2. You are offered and accept the mission, and at that point, the system is visible and flagged on the map right away.

This is getting done a heckuva lot faster now that someone with TimeΒ™ is actually working on it. I hope to see a release in two weeks or less! (and I mean it this time!)

I sent you a PM, Cosmic....

01811920 (I think), I can't send you PMs, probably because your username is all numbers. I repeat, please send me your email address in a PM

EDIT: I think I tried that, Mumbling. I got a system that is still invisible until you arrive in the adjacent system... I'll keep trying

This post has been edited by Geek : 20 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

Then make the visibility bit available upon accepting and use the "X" operator ( I made a mistake earlier, it's a different operator to blast the player into another system ). The OnAccept field should look sort of like this: "bYYY & XZZZ" without the quotes. bYYY should also be found in the visibility field and ZZZ = resource ID of the syst to add straight into player's map. By the way, this is near the beginning of the Holy Nova Bible. πŸ˜‰

Possibly because the system is made available after the X thing is ran. Try making a cron that launches with the same bits you use to make the system visible. In the worst case, it will have to have a hold-off of 1 day, so it won't be exactly instantaneous, but it should show up when the player takes off.

EDIT: Yes cosmic, I'm sure this time there will be a release, soon. πŸ˜›

This post has been edited by Mumbling Psycho : 20 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

The first thing I did was the bit to make the planet visible, without the X bit. The system would not show up, but if I reload my pilot, it would! Even if it is a brand new pilot... hmm... <_<

For those of you who are wondering why D.O.A.(Dead On Arrival) is in the title when it doesn't have really anything to do with the story, it'll all be cleared up in Operation High Tide.

Dead on arrival? Gah!

But seriously, as long as we see a release I'm happy. Go, Nebula!

It's 0101181920. I am now preparing not to speak to you, as you got my name wrong. I'll still post, though. Anyway, it's acorn013<at>gmail<dot>com. Knock yourself out.

Yay! Coraxus said he MIGHT be able to help with graphics for the next installment of Nebula!

I am now indulging a long-held, unfulfilled desire to spam.

SPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, done. So, is it REALLY coming this time???? Plz sy y3s, d00d11!!11!

No more bugs and only a few improvements and tweaks. πŸ˜„

Basically done. Halloween release.

I would be comfortable releasing it now, but I want an hour or so to put the finishing touches on it.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 28 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

Yeeha! Our plug (not just yours anymore, since I fixed the BIG bugs, and more πŸ™‚ ) is going to release!

This post has been edited by Geek : 29 October 2007 - 01:32 AM

Bravo! Mucho admiration!

peppy and heroic music plays

When it's launched, I might actually start working again πŸ˜„

Whoa! The long-departed one returns! Welcome, welcome!

Mark your calendars, people. Tomorrow's the big day!

Dang, I won't really be able to download it until Friday. Oh well, not too long of an added wait.

Wait, this things being released? What have I been missing?