Need '3000' programmers.

Systs, Spobs, and Misns Oh, my!

Poll: What can you contribute? (5 member(s) have cast votes)
I can help with:
Graphics
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Map
(1 votes [11.11%])
Percentage of vote: 11.11%
Storyline Consultant (cop-out)
(3 votes [33.33%])
Percentage of vote: 33.33%
Beta Testing (even more of a cop-out)
(5 votes [55.56%])
Percentage of vote: 55.56%

I need big help with the map mopre than anything.
This is a TC, but I dont require a whole lot of time, and if you can only help a little, thats perfectly fine. The work can be done on EV Dev Map and Shipwrite and mechanisto for all I care- but Im on a PC

All Im asking for is a few minutes a day for something that will blow the community away.
The storyline is complete, and weapons, outfits, govts, ships, and most of the mission outline is done (on paper, translating to computer now)

This was nearly finished (translation), but my mac died and can't get it to work enough to get the data.
Besides, this version will be better.

Anyone who would like to donate images (previously unreleased) I would greatly appreciate it.
There's a web site but its still under construction.

It's going to have a lot of cool things to put it above the rest, and it'll be hard to list them all... Here are the things that will really make the plug stand out:

• Branching randomized storyline- Play it the exact same way for subtly different outcomes, or influence the galaxy based on different choices.

• New unique weapons- EMP cannon, Hellfire Missile, Entrapment Nets, Escape Flares and many more

• Realistic ship classes- from the Empire's tiny interceptor-class "Jitte" to the Commune's nearly indestructable Destroyers to the Republic's huge dreadnought-class the U.S.S. Titus.

• Massive galaxy (hopefully)

• A galaxy that will change without your help- sometimes drastically- without any influence from the player whatsoever.

Please reply. Alpha testers will go to the programming assistants, and Beta testers will come from this topic as well.

Let me get this straight. You're a very ambitious TC developer with this huge, glorious plug in mind, but so far all of your work are some ideas and a story outline a paper, and you want people to flock to you to help you? Sorry, that's simply not going to happen, especially without any real progress to show. We're all skeptical of projects like this, and many of us have helped with things that have become vaporware.

My advice: do some work, get to a point where you can show off a significant portion of your TC, AND THEN ask us. Because honestly, if I had trouble getting people just to do some outfits for Colosseum, a much smaller TC in post-beta, then the odds are heavily stacked against your favor of anyone wanting to help, at for experienced developers.

Good luck though, you're going to need it.

Like Josh said, if you have something tangible that you can post here and show off to us then I might be able to help you out.

Most of the people who are reading this board are already busy with a project (or 2).

P.S. ~ Putting 'cop-out' by two of your choices doesn't really make people enthusiastic to help.

This post has been edited by Bootstrap_Bill : 05 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

A. What does cop-out mean?
B. I might be willing to help with story, but if I don't know anything about it, chances are nil, sorry.
C. Definately have something actually done before asking.
D. For this sort of thing, it's better to start asking advice about it on a forum, and lead people to the point where they are interested and have a vested interest in seeing it come out because they have put in a lot of time helping you.

The Cop-Out thing was meant as a joke... I forget to put jk.
I forget that no one here now knows me.

Btw, I'll have something tangible by the end of this week. (A teaser with some weapons, outfits, ships, Systs, and maybe a mission or two)
Just note, the teaser won't have anything I've finished so far. Just a few interesting things.

PS. Could someone give me the graphics file for EV and EVO? That way I can have graphics placeholders for everything...

BTW, when I said I was translating it now, I meant I was making progress translating it. Weaps, govts, outfs are done. working on the rest.

This post has been edited by -REDCHIGH- : 05 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

But what does it mean?

I can help. I can make almost anything, EXCEPT graphics. (Actually, when it comes to graphics, I might be able to goose the occasional small thing up, but nothing big.)

Can I help? Please?

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 05 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

I remember you.

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Nov 5 2007, 09:28 PM, said in Need '3000' programmers.:

I remember you.

Yup!

@-redchigh-, on Nov 6 2007, 12:34 AM, said in Need '3000' programmers.:

The Cop-Out thing was meant as a joke... I forget to put jk.
I forget that no one here now knows me.

Btw, I'll have something tangible by the end of this week. (A teaser with some weapons, outfits, ships, Systs, and maybe a mission or two)
Just note, the teaser won't have anything I've finished so far. Just a few interesting things.

PS. Could someone give me the graphics file for EV and EVO? That way I can have graphics placeholders for everything...

BTW, when I said I was translating it now, I meant I was making progress translating it. Weaps, govts, outfs are done. working on the rest.

Well, that bit is easy. Just download the official ports from ASW's EVN add-ons collection, or get Guy's revised versions (which should have the same graphics) from his site.

@-redchigh-, on Nov 5 2007, 10:34 PM, said in Need '3000' programmers.:

What I meant by significant progress would be something akin to being at least 1/3 finished. If you get that far, then it shows that you're actually serious about your project. Teasers, on the other hand, really don't show much. Unless they're really really big teasers, but I strongly doubt you have a that large.