A List of TCs?

Come post yours!

Name: Polycon (by AnubisTTC)
Description: Polycon EV is a total conversion for EV Nova featuring all new ships, outfits, systems, etc.

Name: Miners (by Arion)
Description: A mini-TC that was inspired by the game PurPeloid. You are stranded in an isolated system and have no way of leaving except for mining asteroids. That way you need to earn money in order to pay the hypergate fees that transport you back into your home system. Pirates and other Miners will make this a difficult job.

Name: Teacup TC (by Edwards)
Description: The challenge of the plug is fairly simple. You need to make a profit. However, as there is only one planet in the universe, and only one commodity, this simple-seeming requirement becomes a bit harder. You will know when you have won.

Name: SFA Indefinate (by Uncle Twitchy)
Description: In Starfleet Adventures, you play a Starfleet officer graduating as a lieutenant jr. grade at the top of your class from Starfleet Academy and given the job of serving as Helmsman and First Officer to the Hermes class Scout ship U.S.S. Topeka.

There, that is some of them. =D

Uh, why doesn't my (font) tag work?

This post has been edited by Mitschu Games : 11 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

Lalalalala, spring's in the air, and I'm a flower. With nothing particularly interesting to say...

I know there are about a million and one utterly amazing TCs out there that y'all are working on, and while some of it is vapourware, I'm sure some of it is just hidden away. However, as a new guy, I don't know exactly what they all are. The only time I hear about a TC is when somebody posts an update log.

Therefore, I thought this topic would be appropriate for making a giant list of all the TCs out there - incomplete, complete (crosses fingers), nearly complete, vapourware, just started... whatever your excuse is! So how about it? I'll list two TCs I'm starting on to start this list off, but I'd much rather hear from some of the other members out there who are pouring sweat and blood into TCing. And hey, if you want to brag about some features, do that too!

My TCs:

Name: Wally World TC
Description: Why pilot that Kestrel when you can have the true beauty of artisan craftsmanship? Thats right, a Wal-Mart Forklift! Work your way through the different positions at Wally World, get entangled in a web of corporate intrigue (aka misns!), buy 7 new 'ships' to fly around in, and engage in martial arts to destroy those pallets and, ahem, "work the freight." Learn intricate trade routes, from the televisions in the Electronic Department, to the swimming pools in the Toys Department. And when your mom tells you to stop being a computer-bound bum and get a job, tell her right back that you already have one. You, my proud coleague, work at Wal-Mart. Give me a W! Give me an A! Give me an L...
Name: Five Families TC, The
Description: In a desperate time in Earth's past, resources were running low... a man named Samaritan created an engine that allowed incredibly fast speeds... after many trials, he eventually was present to witness the first launching of man into space. These gates would launch a ship a considerable distance, where the ship would immediately imbark upon building a duplicate gate on the other end.

There were five fleets.
The first was sent to orbit around the Sun, with orders to create a space station to collect the energies and retransmit them back to Earth.
The second was sent to scout out Jupiter, in hopes that the gasses present there would prove useful in technological developments.
The third was sent to Mars, in an effort to terraform it and relieve the Earth's population, which was exceeding its fourth billion at that point.
The fourth was sent to Pluto, with orders to scout and gather any and all useful materials, and to establish a "Human Border".
The fifth was ordered to scout beyond known space, to fly as far as it could before constructing its gate, at which point, it could return.

The total cost of these fleets were

1. 80,000 men and women
  2. $700,000,000 USD
  3. 1,000,000,000 gallons of methane gas
  4. 30,000 tons of aluminum

These were resources that could have aided the recovery of Earth, if redirected. Instead, the fleets were sent.

And lost.

For 260 years.

Man struggled to grow to its former glory, but with that last push to the stars, humanity fell down and inward on itself. Wars were declared, fought, truced, declared again. The gates were explored, rudimentary ships sent through, lost as well, finally declared a lost project, gates shut, war began again. For 260 years, humanity was in a state of permanent war, if not with a neighbor, than with their neighbor's neighbor.

And then the gates reopened.

Many Earth-bound humans looked up to the skies in amazement as a blazing ship flew through the first gate, followed doggedly by three smaller ships, equally blazing. Then, the fourth gate reopened, and what many took to be a giant slab of ice drifted out. As the pyrous ships flew towards this cube, it slowly melted down into a fleet of its own. Then the dogfight began.

Many humans lost track at this point, for two of the other gates sprung open at the same time, and from one, a ship seemingly composed of electricity darted, while the other launched what could be mistaken for an asteroid... with teeth.

The firey ships attacked the ice cubes, who attacked the lightning based ships, who attacked the earthen ships, who returned fire on the firey ships. Above the Earthlings' faces, four different types of crafts engaged in a dogfight, before finally launching through the first gate again and taking the battle away from Earth... for now.

The fifth gate, through this all, remained shut.

In this plug, you get to chose to be one of the five families. Will you join the corrupt but oppressed Central Earth Group (CEG, the Centralist Govt)? Will you join the strong warriors of the Solarian Army and meet a blazing death in honor? Will you be a Arctician, cold, calculating, and protected in a cocoon of ice? A Terran, with a love of rock unmatched, and the gems and mining skills to prove it? Or perhaps the Tempest, a race of intellectuals with unmatched prowess in all fields, including the manipulation of minds?

And what became of the fifth gate? Who are these aliens? Who will win?

That is where you come in.

There have only been three released TCs for Nova, and of those, two are mini-TCs:

1. Polycon, by AnubisTTC

2. Miners, by Arion

3. Teacup TC, by Edwards

There is also an alpha version of Starfleet Adventures, by UncleTwitchy

----------
If you're asking about ones under construction, there are many, many more, a couple of which are claiming to be nearing beta versions. I'd recommend dividing your list based on whether the TC is mentioned by a developer or a fan, as only the former are guaranteed not to currently be vaporware.

(EDIT)I see you clarified your post. My above recommendation still stands. As for me, I've got a couple TCs started, but neither one is far enough along that I'm willing to get anyone's hopes up.

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 11 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

@jacabyte, on Aug 11 2006, 12:48 PM, said in A List of TCs?:

Lalalalala, spring's in the air, and I'm a flower. With nothing particularly interesting to say...

Uh yeah, about that, heh, sorry, I posted something there as a "filler" for when I have a list of the available TCs out there, so compiling them will be easier and so that people who want to see a quick list of TCs will be able to.

Yeah, sorry if you got the wrong impression. =D

@edwards, on Aug 11 2006, 12:57 PM, said in A List of TCs?:

There have only been three released TCs for Nova, and of those, two are mini-TCs:

1. Polycon, by AnubisTTC

2. Miners, by Arion

3. Teacup TC, by Edwards

There is also an alpha version of Starfleet Adventures, by UncleTwitchy

----------
If you're asking about ones under construction, there are many, many more, a couple of which are claiming to be nearing beta versions. I'd recommend dividing your list based on whether the TC is mentioned by a developer or a fan, as only the former are guaranteed not to currently be vaporware.

Edwards

I was actually just going to color code everything, but your 'by fan / author' idea sounds good. Maybe have the TC coded green if the author says it is still active, yellow if a fan says it is still active, and red if a fan says so, but all facts point against it? Also, a link to the website (if available), and sort it by percentage done / beta available, for the poor people out there who just want a TC, ANY TC, to play. (Like me! =D)

Man, I hate the idea of TCs being superior 😛

This was the list of TCs in development as of a year and a half ago. A good many of them are still being worked on (cough ours cough), but I would not be surprised if a good chunk of them are now in vaporware status.

@pace, on Aug 11 2006, 07:13 PM, said in A List of TCs?:

Man, I hate the idea of TCs being superior 😛

Yep, and let's not forget the many "quasi-TCs" and expansions in the works, like, just picking one randomly, ARPIA 2.

Mitschu: You make colored text by using the following BB code:

(color=green)(/color)

See? You can also add in color by using the button in between the strikeout button and the URL button.

I thought about making a quick Robotech TC to get through some writers' block lately.

@mitschu-games, on Aug 12 2006, 01:58 AM, said in A List of TCs?:

Uh, why doesn't my (font) tag work?

Because it should be a (color) tag. This is UBB code, not simply HTML with square brackets.

Update: I am working on a TC called EV:Renigade. I am about halfway there, minus graphics. I have everything but sbobs written down on paper, and the wrighting could take a wile.
I changed the concept a lot, now its more like humans where attaced by ther own defense ships, and a defense network was set up and given great power.
A generation later, the threat has yet to show itself, and several factions have split from Earth's government. war and anarchy rule.

A brave new uneverse.
EV:Renigade.

Do you like it?

This post has been edited by Phoebus Xebdaz : 15 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

&nbsp

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 12 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

Well, there's the EV:Darkstar TC (in no way related to Darkstar:One), which I am leading the development of. I've been wanting to announce it's creation for a while, but it didn't seem like there was enough work done, however because of this thread I figure it might be nice to let it be known.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 12 2006, 09:14 AM, said in A List of TCs?:

<snip>

Well, two things that bother me with your idea. 1)Typos...alot of typos. 2)It seems like alot of TCs involve a group leaving Earth, not heard from again, and coming back later to try to kill them or what not. Of course, you could always take that idea and make it go where it hasn't been before...

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 12 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

No, that is not the idea. but, the problem is, you cant justify ailians that are any war resembelant of us. so the only answer is to make them human exiles. that is what makes most major sci-fi movies/shows (Starwars, startreck) so hard to beleve. anyway, it is more a "they thought they got them..." thing, where they find that the defeated people (Who are fairley evil) are sending a second wave. This is more based on a story i was wrighting than anythingg, and initally the "Arcanans" had been elimonated. If anyone has any places to download a plugin that replaces the defualt files compleetley so you can build it from the ground up, please come forward!

Good luck with your vaporware.

I have a TC, but I'm not going to tell anyone I'm working on it so that crap. Oh well.

Intro (I didn't write it, but it sums things up nicely):

In a relatively brief period of time, the achievements of the United Earth Security Council had resulted in an economically stable, technologically mature, rapidly expanding empire of eight human worlds. Advancements in technology arrived at a faster pace than the most optimistic scientists could have ever envisioned. Unexpected contact with indigenous human populations on four "lost colony" worlds led to a frenzy of research as archaeologists, theologians, astronomers, and evolutionary biologists competed to offer an explanation for the startling discovery. Many accepted the findings as proof that their privileged civilization must surely be the most advanced in the universe. Others eagerly anticipated future interaction with intelligent "aliens". The fear of not being the only sentient species in the universe was forgotten in the giddy excitement of a new era for humanity.

No one was prepared for their arrival.

No one expected this.

@phoebus-xebdaz, on Aug 12 2006, 06:45 PM, said in A List of TCs?:

If anyone has any places to download a plugin that replaces the defualt files compleetley so you can build it from the ground up, please come forward!

Absolute Minimum.

gray shirt ninja: I can't pull up the reference right now, but that sounds vaguely Halo-esque.