Stargate SG-1 mod?

Has there been anyome who's seen the show and liked it ever consider making a mod.And before I get the make one yourself, I can't.I can't seem to get the tools to work.

I recall the Polycon mod had Apophis' uber-mothership flying around. Although they called it Anubis for some reason.

There are a lot of people on this board who can help you get the tools to work. What program are you trying to use? What problems have you been having?

I downloaded the tools before but I didn't have a program to open them with.

This post has been edited by Deathshot : 12 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

I'm doing an egyptian-based TC that has nothing to do with Stargate...

What tools did you download? What OS are you using?

Lindley, on Dec 12 2004, 07:41 AM, said:

I recall the Polycon mod had Apophis' uber-mothership flying around. Although they called it Anubis for some reason.
View Post

It's 'cuz the creator or whatever was Anubis TTP. 😄

Deathshot, on Dec 12 2004, 06:04 PM, said:

I downloaded the tools before but I didn't have a program to open them with.
View Post

Assuming you mean Nova Tools, you'll need a program called ResEdit. Follow the instructions in the readme to install the tools. Alternatively you could try Mission Computer or EVONE.

I'll try them.

This post has been edited by Deathshot : 12 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

If you're on Windows, none of the above will be useful to you----you'll need EVNEW instead.

I've seen the show and liked it, but never really considered making a plugin...

Exactly how would a stargate plug work? As I recall, there are very few ships in stargate capable of intersteller travel.

You speed up time a bit.

Skyfox, on Dec 12 2004, 10:03 PM, said:

Exactly how would a stargate plug work? As I recall, there are very few ships in stargate capable of intersteller travel.
View Post

There are a fair number. Not many Earth ships, but several other cultures have them. Off the top of my head:

-All Goa'uld vessels, save Deathgliders, have FTL capability.
-Ditto Tok'ra scoutships, since they're stolen from the Goa'uld.
-Asgard vessels can leap entire galaxies in a single bound.
-The Tollan have FTL ships, but they're not terribly fast.
-The X-302 has a hyperdrive generator, but the Naquadria-generated window proved too unstable for actual interstellar travel in the X-302.
-The X-303 Prometheus has a stolen Alkesh hyperdrive which allows it limited interstellar capability.
-Replicator vessels have FTL capability.
-Several unknown vessels with FTL capability have been seen at various times.

Lindley, on Dec 12 2004, 05:36 PM, said:

There are a fair number. Not many Earth ships, but several other cultures have them. Off the top of my head:

-All Goa'uld vessels, save Deathgliders, have FTL capability.
-Ditto Tok'ra scoutships, since they're stolen from the Goa'uld.
-Asgard vessels can leap entire galaxies in a single bound.
-The Tollan have FTL ships, but they're not terribly fast.
-The X-302 has a hyperdrive generator, but the Naquadria-generated window proved too unstable for actual interstellar travel in the X-302.
-The X-303 Prometheus has a stolen Alkesh hyperdrive which allows it limited interstellar capability.
-Replicator vessels have FTL capability.
-Several unknown vessels with FTL capability have been seen at various times.
View Post

Dude, how do you know all this lol 🆒 . Yeah, Stargate SG-1 idea is brilliant. The only problem is kind of in the title ... the Stargate. How are you going to deal with them? An idea would be to use the Hypergates system in place of the Stargates but then they are meant to be on a planet not in space.

Another problem is that the Stargates are meant to be a link to ALL other gates so if you have too many systems (or places with a stargate) then it wouldn't be easy to manage on a space map.

Its also a good idea like someone said before me to put the show a few years/decades into the future. That way there'd be more ships and Earth could play a larger role but the main characters would probably be dead/retired.

I just watch the show. I've seen it from the beginning----most episodes at least twice. It's really not hard to keep everything straight if you see it in order.

I should add that the Ancient puddle-jumpers from Stargate Atlantis might have FTL capability. That hasn't been confirmed either way, yet.

I could sugest it to my friend who while recovering from surgery has done nothing but watch stargate. He might have some more ideas.

I don't think the presence of inter-stella space craft was what Skyfox was referring to. The founding premiss of SG1 is that they have devices that effectively make space ships obsolete. EV's founding premiss is based firmly on space ships. More-over, there's no way you can effectively emulate stargates unless you were to screw with it to the point that the stargates were in orbit and you used hypergates instead.

Fundamentally, SG1 is about planet-side action. To my mind, there's no way you can transfer that to the EVN engine without loosing the core of what SG1 is about.

Hudson, on Dec 14 2004, 01:00 PM, said:

I don't think the presence of inter-stella space craft was what Skyfox was referring to. The founding premiss of SG1 is that they have devices that effectively make space ships obsolete.

I don't agree. The need for ships is certainly reduced, but there still is a need. Not every planet has a Stargate, and besides, limiting access to an entire planet to one little 3-story ring is one heck of a bottleneck. That's one of the reasons Earth continues trying to develop FTL ships despite having the Gate.

EV's founding premiss is based firmly on space ships. More-over, there's no way you can effectively emulate stargates unless you were to screw with it to the point that the stargates were in orbit and you used hypergates instead.

Fundamentally, SG1 is about planet-side action. To my mind, there's no way you can transfer that to the EVN engine without loosing the core of what SG1 is about.
View Post

Now that, I can agree with to some extent. Might be interesting for novelty reasons, but you'd have to be very clever in developing a storyline.

Lindley, on Dec 14 2004, 06:01 PM, said:

I don't agree. The need for ships is certainly reduced, but there still is a need. Not every planet has a Stargate, and besides, limiting access to an entire planet to one little 3-story ring is one heck of a bottleneck. That's one of the reasons Earth continues trying to develop FTL ships despite having the Gate.View Post

Good point. I do however think that the over-riding issue is the second portion you quoted 😄

Hudson, on Dec 14 2004, 01:00 PM, said:

More-over, there's no way you can effectively emulate stargates unless you were to screw with it to the point that the stargates were in orbit and you used hypergates instead.
View Post

You could always have a second nav on the planets like in Frozen Heart. Hit F2 to select the stargate on that planet and then, umm... fly your ship through it?