Mission to board ships has unboardable ships?!?

I must be missing something

Hi, I added a mission where the player has to rescue agents from a disabled ship. I've set the player's goal to "board" in Mission Computer and wrote a description for when the mission objetive is completed. However, when I try the mission, the ship is there, it is disabled (by the mission - the düde it is from is a normal düde of independent traders), but the player cannot board it: when I try, I'm told that the ship cannot be boarded.

I guess I missed something, but I can't see why. Any ideas?

You're sure you're boarding the right ship? Is it possible that another ship has boarded it before you got there?

@belthazar, on Oct 11 2006, 09:42 AM, said in Mission to board ships has unboardable ships?!?:

You're sure you're boarding the right ship? Is it possible that another ship has boarded it before you got there?

Yes to #1, and maybe to #2. I'll do the mission again and try and make sure that no pirate boards the ship before I do - pretty sure it didn't happen though.

Did you accidentally set the crew amount to zero? if you did, the ship would be unboardable...
Sorry thats all I can think of.

Also, try changing the govt to something like "Derelict" or its own govt. It might work better that way. Just a guess.

Shouldn't the mission parameters be set to "rescue" instead of "boarding" cause with boarding, you have to disable the ship first before retrieving whatever it is that needs retrieving. "Rescue" starts the mission-related ship as disabled.

I tried "rescue" as well. Both times the ship started as disabled (which I want), both time it was unboardable.