Graphics

@pace, on Aug 3 2006, 01:37 PM, said in Graphics:

๐Ÿ˜„ Here we go again, being modest. Seriously, you are modest and extremely talented, I'll vouch for that ๐Ÿ™‚
Old? Three days old?

Anyway, since they are Stuffit encoded, you need to open them with Stuffit Expander before dropping the ".bin" files in your Plug-ins Conversion program.

Following ZP's tutorial:

Well when I double click the file with stuffit it gets all angry with me and says "Unknow Archive format .bin engine file The path can not be specified " and alot more of that stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 03 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

What version of Stuffit do you have?

@pace, on Aug 3 2006, 08:37 AM, said in Graphics:

๐Ÿ˜„ Here we go again, being modest. Seriously, you are modest and extremely talented, I'll vouch for that ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, sure he's modest. But that's not the source of his name.

Perhaps someone who knows Windows better will flesh this out: Modesty's ships aren't stuffed (.sit), they're zipped (.zip). The .bin files inside the .zips don't need to be run through any converter other than the one that is already in your Nova folder because it came with the game. Just drop the .bins on the converter.

Oh! so that was what you do with a .bin file. Usually there was the .bin file and a file with no extension. I always just stuck the no extention one on the convert plugins.exe. I got a .rez file from that and it worked fine that way for me. Well now i know. ๐Ÿ˜›

W00t it worked cool the 3 things ive ever converted also can someone please post a link foe Ev new stuffit encoded files seem reluctent to convert though.

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 03 August 2006 - 12:40 PM

Dude, your really need to check your spelling and have atleast some commas in there. I can't understand a thing your saying... :blink:

@chronodrago, on Aug 3 2006, 06:46 PM, said in Graphics:

Dude, your really need to check your spelling and have atleast some commas in there. I can't understand a thing your saying... :blink:

Oh right ill to pickup on my spelling sorry anyway modesty i downloaded all your ships they are great but no shipyard picture doesn't matter too much also the ships some of them replace space stations and there are more than one of the same ship in the shipyard.
By the way im using a spellchecker now so any mistakes blame that ๐Ÿ˜„

This post has been edited by Liam Porteous : 03 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

@liam-porteous, on Aug 3 2006, 12:23 PM, said in Graphics:

Oh right I'll have to pickup on my spelling, sorry. Anyway, Modesty, I downloaded all your ships. They are all great and it doesn't matter too much that they don't have shipyard picts. Also some of the ships replace space station graphics and there are more than one of the same ship in the shipyard.
By the way im using a spellchecker now so any mistakes blame that ๐Ÿ˜„

Try fixing up your grammar. Periods and such, they're next to your right shift key.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Liam: Punk'd.

Chew.

Ayyyy!

Shun.

It's at least as important as spelling. ๐Ÿ™‚

@dr--trowel, on Aug 3 2006, 07:46 PM, said in Graphics:

Liam: Punk'd.

Chew.

Ayyyy!

Shun.

It's at least as important as spelling. ๐Ÿ™‚

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

@jacabyte, on Aug 3 2006, 01:44 PM, said in Graphics:

Try fixing up your grammer. Periods and such, they're next to your right shift key.

Your grammar?

@liam-porteous, on Aug 4 2006, 04:56 AM, said in Graphics:

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

Try saying it out loud.

@rmx256, on Aug 3 2006, 03:40 PM, said in Graphics:

Your grammar?

That always gets me.

@modesty-blaise, on Jul 31 2006, 01:34 PM, said in Graphics:

My tiny shipyard is located Here.

Ah-ha! I've been looking for some graphics to use, and I had all of your ships, but I couldn't remember who made them so I couldn't give credit where credit was due. Ergo, progress has stalled. But now that I know, I can continueโ€ฆ andโ€ฆ stuffโ€ฆ

โ€ฆyeah. <_<

SHIRT NINJAโ€ฆ

โ€ฆAWAY!!!!!!! k-ping

EDIT: Incidentally, what's the usage license on all the stuff Dr. Trowel mentioned?

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 08 August 2006 - 11:06 PM

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Aug 8 2006, 11:57 PM, said in Graphics:

EDIT: Incidentally, what's the usage license on all the stuff Dr. Trowel mentioned?

Most punctuation marks are in the public domain, and you are therefore not required to acknowledge their sources when using them in your own works.

Come to think of it, though, I've been using question marks quite a lot for over three decades now. Perhaps I should be asserting squatters rights and demanding royalties from other users. ๐Ÿ™‚

(As for the shipyard sites, many authors have statements about the credit they want, either on their sites or in readme files that come with their downloads. If there is no explicit notice to the contrary and you are not taking something from a completed or released playable plug, I think the ethical thing to do is to name the author and perhaps the site in your own readme. Hm. I'm going to need to remember to do that for my own plug....)

Interrobang!

@qaanol, on Aug 9 2006, 12:43 PM, said in Graphics:

Interrobang!

OK, that's new to me. Clever!

Ah, thanks. Modesty's ships are t3h aw3som2, by the way ๐Ÿ˜„ , I'm going to use some in Black Hole Pirates.