a new question

ok, here's a new question from me...i'm trying to make a plugin with a modded thunderforge (shouldn't matter, i'd think). for some reason, i can't buy iff or gravimetric sensors for it...or solar panels, or an afterburner...or generators, or ...ideas?
furthermore, how does one make it possible to install..say...polaran technology on a ship that's not inherently polaran?

This post has been edited by Breaker : 22 June 2006 - 06:11 AM

Make sure the Contribute bits for your new ship are set the same as most of the others (i.e. the first bit should be set).

ooh, ok, another quickie...what do "fast jump" "semi-fast jump" and "slow jump" refer to? your speed coming out of warp, or the time spent in warp?

and is it possible to edit a ship's sale price? it seems a little odd that the Thunderforge, the peak of Auroran military technology, would trade in for like 36000 credits

@breaker, on Jun 22 2006, 07:31 AM, said in a new question:

ooh, ok, another quickie...what do "fast jump" "semi-fast jump" and "slow jump" refer to? your speed coming out of warp, or the time spent in warp?

I think they refer to how much mass the ship is : more than 1000 mass = slow jump.

Though i'm not sure of the precise amounts.

Ā• Fast jump, semi-fast jump and slow jump refer to how long it takes for the ship to "power up" for the jump to the next system. It doesnt matter how big the ship is you can still have it jump "fast".
Ā• I'm not sure how exactly the sale price works since the outfits you have onboard are also factored in but if you up the actual price of the ship it will up the sale price as well.

so...is it that the ship always comes out of warp at it's top speed?

That is correct.

This thread should really be in the developers' forum. Just sayin'.

@breaker, on Jun 22 2006, 05:05 AM, said in a new question:

so...is it that the ship always comes out of warp at it's top speed?

...Not quite...IIRC...

Slow jumping is like traditional Auroran ships except for the fighters. (If you have flown them before)...stop, turn, a delay, jump...
Semi-fast is like the Lightning, IIRC, at least the Rebel variants...stop, turn, a small delay, jump...
Fast jumping is like some Polaris ships IIRC...the stop, turn, jump....

The Tunneling Organ allows you to jump without stopping. The Multi-jump organ allows you to plot 10 jumps on the pull-up map (M standard) and jump 10 at once. You can jump across the whole galaxy in 2 jumps with that, from Sondurll at the edge of Vellos Space to J'narr at the edge of Polaris Space... šŸ™‚

@guest_jeremiah2_-, on Jun 22 2006, 10:55 PM, said in a new question:

I think they refer to how much mass the ship is : more than 1000 mass = slow jump.

The mass is a completely different field, and it doesn't affect the speed of the jump, but rather the amount of game time spent in the jump, which is different.

@mk-32, on Jun 23 2006, 06:14 AM, said in a new question:

Slow jumping is like traditional Auroran ships except for the fighters. (If you have flown them before)...stop, turn, a delay, jump...
Semi-fast is like the Lightning, IIRC, at least the Rebel variants...stop, turn, a small delay, jump...
Fast jumping is like some Polaris ships IIRC...the stop, turn, jump....

Not quite complete. Faster jumping doesn't just mean shorter delay, it actually means it moves faster when jumping. "Fast" will show a huge burst of acceleration and it will zip away off-screen. "Slow" will accelerate only slowly. Basically, it means how fast you can get away from your enemies in an emergency šŸ™‚

@breaker, on Jun 22 2006, 07:53 AM, said in a new question:

and is it possible to edit a ship's sale price? it seems a little odd that the Thunderforge, the peak of Auroran military technology, would trade in for like 36000 credits

Tradein values are 25% of the base cost of the ship.

So, Breaker, in your copy of Nova, T-Forges cost 144,000 credits. Okay, I give up. What cheats are you using?

hah, i just created a new ship, called the Breaker Class Modified Thunderforge, used the same shan data as a standard t-forge, deleted the movie file association (for some reason, that was making my game crash every time i clicked on the tf in the shipyard window), and boosted it's stats quite a bit. oh, and made it basically free. yeah, that too

@derakon, on Jun 22 2006, 12:44 PM, said in a new question:

This thread should really be in the developers' forum. Just sayin'.

i wasn't sure, and i'm pretty confident that this one gets more traffic, and therefore a better chance at a quick answer šŸ˜›
if a mod agrees with derakon, then please move it...no worries šŸ™‚

Yes, this should probably be over in the Developer's Corner... let's shift it now. šŸ™‚