EV4 Wishlist

ScratSkinner, on Feb 10 2006, 09:31 AM, said:

I am running an iMac G3. With OS 9.2. That is not compatible with .sitx files.

Can you please use .sit instead of .sitx?
View Post

Ditto. Stuffit won't open .sitx
.bin and zip, maybe?

Maybe someone should sticky this (or perhaps not), but someone making a masterlist of all the changes everyone wants in the EV4 wishlist, and stick it in the initial post entry.

Artanis, on Feb 10 2006, 01:11 PM, said:

Ditto. Stuffit won't open .sitxView Post

Have you tried the version of that plug that is officially .sitx? I have no idea what's going on with the version that claims to be .sitx.zip, but I know that the straight .sitx version was created using Stuffit 9.0.1, and shouldn't have any trouble with MacOS 9. There is a problem with some sitx files created by Stuffit 10, but that particular file should work perfectly well with Stuffit 7.0.3.

And on the topic of EV4 wishes, I don't recall anyone mentioning "IF statements in ncb set strings". Has anyone here not wished for those at some point?

Edwards

Edwards, on Feb 10 2006, 09:20 PM, said:

Have you tried the version of that plug that is officially .sitx? I have no idea what's going on with the version that claims to be .sitx.zip, but I know that the straight .sitx version was created using Stuffit 9.0.1, and shouldn't have any trouble with MacOS 9. There is a problem with some sitx files created by Stuffit 10, but that particular file should work perfectly well with Stuffit 7.0.3.

And on the topic of EV4 wishes, I don't recall anyone mentioning "IF statements in ncb set strings". Has anyone here not wished for those at some point?

Edwards
View Post

Yeah, I tried the .sitx. I can dl the .sitx.zip and try that, but I don't think it'll work.

I thought IF was why the scripting wish existed...

This post has been edited by Artanis : 11 February 2006 - 11:38 AM

I'm sorry. I didn't have the latest Classic version of Stuffit. I have it now, and the unstuffing went perfectly. Thank you for your concern.

Sincerely, Scratskinner

A strange thing about the "Wacky Asteroids" plug..

I tried it with 1.09 and it didn't work.

I tried it with 1.08 and it did work.
However, I can't sell the Q-Points on Gem.

Which version was it made for, Qannol?

huh?

<@> Proud Recipient of the "Off Topic Post Award"

OOOOH!

A movie that plays when you start the game, instead of just one picture.

Rameretz, on Feb 11 2006, 09:56 PM, said:

A movie that plays when you start the game, instead of just one picture.
View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can display up to 4 images or run a quicktime movie

Nick Anderson, on Feb 11 2006, 02:22 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can display up to 4 images or run a quicktime movie
View Post

Yep:

Nova Bible said:

IntroTextID The ID of the desc resource to show when the player starts out
with a new pilot of this type. Along with the IntroPictID field,
this allow you to have different opening sequences for each
pilot type (useful to show different sides of the same issue,
for example). Using the desc resource's MovieFile field here
lets you have an introduction movie.
The intro text (and any
associated movie) is displayed after the above PICT resouces
are shown.

I mean, when you start up the game. As in double click icon from desktop, loads, and movie ensues.

ScratSkinner, on Feb 11 2006, 01:39 PM, said:

Which version was it made for, Qannol?View Post

It was created for either 1.0.8 or 1.0.7, and it sounds like it is a casualty of the 1.0.9 PICT bug. It should be possible to fix it for yourself by using either the BlitZen or EnRle utility from NovaTools (or using the rle-creation feature of MissionComputer). Basically, 1.0.9 is incompatible with nearly every format of PICT- the only sprite formats that work are uncompressed 16-bit PICTs created by BlitZen, and rlΓ«*s.

@Qaanol: If you would like, I can create a version with rle-based sprites and/or BlitZen'd PICTs for you, which shouldn't have any trouble with 1.0.9.

----------
Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas for EV4 features. Pretty much everything I'd want has already been mentioned. Scripting ability/if statements, making sure the function of the game engine agrees with the Bible, and more of all resources (perhaps make the limit 65,535 (or 4,294,967,295) of everything? 'Twould require a complete overhaul of the resource-loading system, but as long as we're hypothetically changing the resource format anyway, why not?).

Edwards

So, is there a chance of seeing any of the requested features in an update for EVN? I realize a new game probably won't happen unless someone makes it from scratch, but some of these features would compliment Nova nicely. (especially a realtime render of the models instead of using sprites, then us Windows users could do some serious plugin development, because at last check, there is no windows equivilent of MakeSpin)

Honestly none of these features are going to be in Nova. Sorry 😞

Edwin_again, on Feb 12 2006, 02:26 PM, said:

because at last check, there is no windows equivilent of MakeSpin
View Post

But the last time I checked, there are plenty of windows apps that let you put spins together manually πŸ˜‰

Just as there is a trigger to force you off a spΓΆb, it be interesting if there was one that forced you to land, though it might take some trick to do that.

Hudson, on Feb 12 2006, 10:55 AM, said:

But the last time I checked, there are plenty of windows apps that let you put spins together manually πŸ˜‰
View Post

well, if you write me a script for PSP7 that will do it automatically for any size image set, i'll stop complaining.

Seriously (hehe) someone needs to compile the list of all the stuff we mentioned, and list them in the initial post. πŸ˜„

Coraxus, on Feb 13 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

Seriously (hehe) someone needs to compile the list of all the stuff we mentioned, and list them in the initial post. πŸ˜„
View Post

you.

Cheers!

"way back when, on Ragashingo", said:

9. A better BBS system. Take it beyond a fairly boring single list of missions. Make it multifunction, more dynamic and so on.

Could you elaborate upon that? It sounds very interesting.