EV4 Wishlist

UE_Research & Development, on Feb 12 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

Could you elaborate upon that? It sounds very interesting.
View Post

I think hes thinking ipod.

Wow...must have missed that.

goes off to read

categorized, yet unsorted, full list.

Edwin_again, on Feb 13 2006, 01:00 AM, said:

well, if you write me a script for PSP7 that will do it automatically for any size image set, i'll stop complaining.
View Post

Even without PS actions, I can turn a 36 frame mov file into a spin in about a minute - I record the entire process and then apply that action set to consecutive movs of the same dimensions, reducing each repetition to a few seconds. It's not rocket science.

...and that's the way ATMOS does it, too.

😉

🙂 I've meant for ages to write up an AppleScript for PS that does all this stuff based on the file count and the individual file size. Never got around to it, although the calculations are trivial.

I do it manually via percentages. on a standard 6x6 grid I just do a canvas re-size to 600% based on the original single-frame dimensions. No calculations required 😄

Edwards, on Feb 4 2006, 08:38 PM, said:

As other people have mentioned, control over basic game constants would be nice. Simply do for them in EV4 what EV3 did for almost all of the fundamental game strings: move them out of the engine, and into a seperate, editable resource.
View Post

I know I already quoted this post, but a thought occured to me on this subject. There is already a resource that holds some game constants: colr.
Rename it "const" and add new fields?

Not sure if this is feasible, but what if the EV4 engine was capable of rendering 3D objects and drawing 2D sprites at the same time?

Should someone wish to port older plug-ins to the new engine, it would make transferring graphics quite a bit simpler.

Universal Binary Mac version!

Having ships that can unfold/fold for times other than firing, landing, and jumping. There was a thread (or maybe just a discussion) about this once-- the idea was to have an x-wing for a starwars TC have a folded (looks unfolded) "attack mode", but not have to be folded (looks unfolded) while flying around.
It would not just have a unfolded to fire flag either, because then it keeps folding up again in a battle... it really needs a toggle.

only one bloody thing:

a button that fills your hold with cargo withought having to click 400 times

pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!! in addition can someone help me make a plugin for ev nova to accomplish said task???

also i would like a mega heavy freighter, as big as the saturn sprite in ev kinda size, with 20,000 tonnes of space, and 250,000 of cargo

yeah! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Note: Hydra Yayino has since found the magic of the keyboard shortcut for buying in quantities in Nova, in another thread. 😉

Hydra Yayino, on Feb 14 2006, 05:05 AM, said:

only one bloody thing:

a button that fills your hold with cargo withought having to click 400 times

pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!! in addition can someone help me make a plugin for ev nova to accomplish said task???

also i would like a mega heavy freighter, as big as the saturn sprite in ev kinda size, with 20,000 tonnes of space, and 250,000 of cargo

yeah! :blink: :blink: :blink:
View Post

you can do all this yourself, it is all possible in EVN, this is the EV4 wishlist, think "not possible in EVN" stuff.

How 'bout take out all the guess work in trying to figure out how much ton and cargo space a ship has when you completely strip it of everything? Things such as weapons and outfits. I think that a stat in the shipyard should include how much space both in cargo and mass tonage when a ship has absolutely nothing installed.

Yes, a grosse tonnage rating would be awesome.

My wishlist doesn't wanna stop growing, so I decided to make a link to it in my sig hehe. I've past 100 items in the list. (yeah I know I'm a freak hehe)

I do have a few wishes. . .

1. Separate landing sites on a planet, like have some "city" graphics and landing zones. Do you land on the same small portion of the planet all the time? Not in real life, so I think it would be an interesting new addition to the game. Have a stellar, then have separate "city" flags to include the different landing locations. This could also be used to include things like "President's Mansion" or "United Earth Embassy", leading to interesting, exclusive missions.

2. More stellars per system, like 6 or 8, instead of the small 4. You could add this instead of adding city sub-fields.

3. Weapons that affect a certain radius of space. Aa weapon that spreads outward from the firing ship, like a shockwave. Also, weapons that affect opposing ships negatively, like lowering their speed or acceleration. Stellar-based weapons would be nice.

4. Ability to buy and own a planet. It would be nice to have a place to call home, even if the whole galaxy is pissed off at you.

That's all I got for now.

BOGWarrior

Some kind of data format which doesn't rely on piles of fields for every resource. No limits on the number of spobs/links in systems or default weapons/outfits on ships and each individual resource only as big as it needs to be. Someone mentioned XML which would probably work great (or some similar format). I've played around a bit with the data for C&C Generals which is pretty much just one giant XML file - no limit on what you can do in any one resource.