Another Brief SFA Alpha Download

At EV-Nova.net Forums

For those who missed the November "one day" download, I'm making the same version -- bugs and all -- available for downloading from now until the day after Christmas.

The SFA boards at EV-Nova.net have the download link.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Nicely... Merry Christmass to you too...

I don't care if I don't have a Power Mac right now. I'm getting one soon, and I'm going to have that file ready.

Interesting. Are you supposed to be able to beat that simulation EVER? It doesn't seem possible.

Heh have you ever seen the TV series, purple1?

You'll find your answer there.

Or here, whichever comes first.

Nah, I'm not a Star Trek watcher. But if Kirk can do it, can it actually be beaten? It seems to me that the Klingon ships regenerate shields too fast to be destroyed, even if they could be challenged one-on-one. If guessing that Kirk had some options that we don't?

purple1, on Dec 22 2005, 09:33 PM, said:

I'm guessing that Kirk had some options that we don't?View Post

Technically , no. In actual practice, yes.

Edwards

Watch the movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" for the solution.

Although I understand some enterprising players have actually beated it already, a contingency I had not anticipated (which is why the "OnSuccess" values have not yet been implemented -- so actually you're better off failing).

Wow, big download! How close is this alpha to what the final game will be like?

I still have all the storyline missions, a stack of the non-storyline missions, and a crapload of descriptions to write. But for a few tweaks, though, the graphics are all done.

UncleTwitchy, on Dec 23 2005, 12:08 PM, said:

But for a few tweaks, though, the graphics are all done.
View Post

If you can keep your hands off of 'em. 😉 🙂

I do have plans to finish remodelling and rendering the Klingon D-5 from ENT -- my original model looks okay for the initial brief glimpses we got of it, but as it got more screentime I realized my model was utterly inadequate.

I decided to extend this until after New Year's (a week from today). The more people I have playtesting it, the more bugs can be discovered.