New EV Override port

may i port test too? please?

Hey, I wasn't slacking! (much)

of doom : it's kind of late to join. Sorry.

@of doom: I've been asking longer, and they wouldn't let me in... 😞

darn!

@martinz, on Jun 15 2008, 03:22 PM, said in New EV Override port:

I was thinking that the whole universal binary bit might justify the 2nd-digit increment, but then again this did not occur for Pop-Pop.

Re resolution, it's more the window size resolution that interests me. Full-screen on Windows is still nasty when you go to open a pilot and it switches to a window briefly, but at least windowed mode runs at 1024x768 over there instead of 800x600.

Man this Safari graphical corruption thing is getting bad. 10.5.4!!! (said in the style of Khan!!, although with different intent)

On the MacBook Air the window size is 1280x800, and goes from one side of the screen to the other. Which is what you're asking about? yea?

it will be 1.1.0.

And there you go: EVN 1.1 confirmed.

Thank you.

Now let me help beta test it 🙂

@Guy: didn't know that ADC was free for such things, and didn't know about the discussion of window size changing. Interesting stuff!

The graphical corruption is a widespread Leopard issue, especially on the newer laptops. It's to do with an unresolved issue with wake-up-from-sleep. It's all over the Apple discussion boards, but apparently the people that need to fix it don't even know about it. I find it hard to understand how Leopard still has such issues :(.

@Rudy: Awesome :).

This is one case where no news is NOT good news.

This post has been edited by GodzFire : 26 June 2008 - 10:21 PM

Why do you say that? We've had a lot of work to do which doesn't involve much in the way of news. It's nearly all done though. Plus we finally got a new EV4 engine build the other day which fixed a number of outstanding issues, so things are looking pretty good.

I still have a couple minor quibbles, but only a couple, and those are most likely to to the MacBook's hardware being insufficient, as the Pro again shows none of them. Perhaps it's just not meant to run the new build very well...

😞

But will it come with a set of steak knives?

Only the Deluxe Edition.

The Collector's Edition doesn't have knives but it comes in a metal box painted to look like the new Shuttle. Personally I think the EVO shuttle looks neater, but the new one's okay. And the box has a couple LEDs by the gun ports. It's pretty cool. It doesn't make sounds, which is probably a good thing.

There are some cast miniatures too. About half a dozen ships, and if you special-order from the website you'll be able to choose between prepainted ones that match the stock game, or unpainted ones you can do up yourself in your own colors. I believe there was talk of an online coloring system where you could order custom-painted models, but last I heard that was not being completed in time for initial release, if at all.

There's also a manual with an expanded backstory, information about materials and components used in the stock game so developers can integrate plug-ins for balance, and a guide to creating 3D models and textures.

you guys missed april by a bit

Throw in a Hamster plushie and you've got yourselves a best seller.

Hahaha, I wish. That would be awesome. But this is a serious commercial software release. We can't just stick in forum references.

So there's not going to be a public beta of EV4? It's just you and Guy, eh?

Are you kidding? When did you last see a public beta of a new game? And no, there are a number of others besides Qaanol and I. Dr. Trowel (for a time at least), Pace and Mack who have all posted in this topic are not exactly secret but I won't reveal anyone else in case they don't want to be known.
If EV4 is out before the EVO port is finalised (which is looking unlikely at this stage) then anyone will be welcome to test it 🙂

This post has been edited by Guy : 01 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

I've lurked a bit more than you and Qaanol so that's probably why he forgot about me. 🙂

Guy : XxXxx has informed me of a few things regarding the new build he's pushing out next week, I think it might take care of a couple recent issues we've been seeing.

You've been seeing. My graphics have been fine 😛

Btw, Qaanol, I discovered random functions do exist but they were previously undocumented. This will be fun 🙂
Speaking of fun, we never had a game of CTC! You did get that all finished up, right? I'll be all free this weekend.

This post has been edited by Guy : 01 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

Yep, I'm emailing all the testers a copy right now. We can play Saturday night, since I kind of have other plans on Friday, July 4th.