New EV Override port

3D graphics do make it a lot easier to put a ship in place. You'd have to pick a fairly common 3D model format for moddability, though. Another thing you might take into account is the possibility of having weapon mount points on base ships and being able to have different weapon models be placed on the ships where they could be seen.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 10 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

@martinz, on Jun 2 2008, 03:19 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Universal binary with support for Millions of colours in a window on OS X and widescreen window size options with it - that's all I ask :).

:ninja:

Posted Image

😮 indeed!

Actually, I'm not really surprised. It's more of <cryptic grin> I suspect you'll get UB and millions of colors in a window, but not widescreen options. (I'm unsure of the last one, though)

😮 <evil grin>

This post has been edited by Guy : 13 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

:hector_bird: Yeah just leaving the display in Millions I mean; it works in Windows! And Thousands just makes the rest of OS X look ugly, ever since Panther.

Anyway, having just seen mention of 1.0B in another thread via a Google search, and mention of your giving notification of nova scenario bugs/issues, is the issue of 'sensors are picking up only static' from unintended govts going to be fixed at last? There are plenty of good chat strings for Vella, Dani, Tekel, Dechtakar, etc. that have never been used. Sorry, I know this is about EVO <innocent grin>

This post has been edited by MartiNZ : 13 June 2008 - 05:34 AM

@rudy, on Jun 12 2008, 06:47 PM, said in New EV Override port:

:ninja:

Posted Image

Okay, let's end all the cryptic phrases and screenshots and just get one thing confirmed in concrete fact.

Is Ambrosia planning to release an updated version of EV Nova (and by extension, EV and EVO), that is a Universal Binary, supports large monitor resolutions, and millions of colors?

@godzfire, on Jun 13 2008, 06:45 PM, said in New EV Override port:

Okay, let's end all the cryptic phrases and screenshots and just get one thing confirmed in concrete fact.

Is Ambrosia planning to release an updated version of EV Nova (and by extension, EV and EVO), that is a Universal Binary, supports large monitor resolutions, and millions of colors?

It looks to be a new engine (hence EV4). New engines typically mean new scenario. shrugs That's my best guess at least.

The best case here would be the aforementioned updates with it being a totally new sequel from EVO that PAC wanted to do so long ago. That would be perfect.

If you bothered to pay attention to the screenie, that version number up in the upper right says 1.0.B, i.e., 1.0.11. That's an update to Nova. Not a new engine. The talk of an EV4 engine is separate from that, I suspect.

I would second suspiciousness on this note.

I detect confusion :ninja:

On topic, port testers check your inboxes 🙂

Aw, man, why would you ask that much work? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but at this stage, to do all that? C'mon!

Well, now that's interesting.

But like Qaanol said it is a lot of work...

Well ... one more thing to just keep waiting for.

Aquaria
iPhone arriving in the country
WoW 2nd expansion
OS X 10.5.4 and hopefully fixes to the ongoing issues
EV Nova 1.0.B (1.0.11? or maybe a big enough change to justify Ambrosia's 2nd-digit upgrade to 1.1.0?)
OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and beyond
The time when we can take trips to Mars ( Beyond 2000 told us it would be 2009, 13 years ago ... on which note where is my car that folds into a briefcase?).

At least I can stop waiting for one thing - my 750th post on these boards ... good times :).

If all they're doing is updating for resolution and color, it's not going to be enough to justify a major revision number. It'll just be 1.0.11. I'm just glad that Guy did resolution fix hacks of the Windows exe some time ago. It's nice to play Nova in 1440x900 natively in fullscreen.

EDIT for explanation of revision control numbering conventions to those unfamiliar with them:

In an x.x.x version number, it basically works thusly. The first number is going to be your version number. The second is the major revision number, an the third is the minor revision number. Some numbering schemes even include a build number, as with the Second Life viewer software or ICQ. These numbers don't roll over because they're not decimals. The number at each point can go as high as there are versions, major revisions, minor revisions, an builds. A build number could also be a date, rather than just an incrementing integer.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 15 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

I was thinking that the whole universal binary bit might justify the 2nd-digit increment, but then again this did not occur for Pop-Pop.

Re resolution, it's more the window size resolution that interests me. Full-screen on Windows is still nasty when you go to open a pilot and it switches to a window briefly, but at least windowed mode runs at 1024x768 over there instead of 800x600.

Man this Safari graphical corruption thing is getting bad. 10.5.4!!! (said in the style of Khan!!, although with different intent)

Cheer up Qaanol and Mack (and the other testers who are slacking off <_<), the end is nigh! In a good way 🙂

MartiNZ, see here.
Graphical corruption in Safari? Can't say I've seen any of that but it shouldn't be dependent on the system in any case. Try grabbing the latest WebKit or the Safari 4 dev preview (available with free registration at connect.apple.com).

This post has been edited by Guy : 15 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

A Universal Binary and millions of colors, and/or higher monitor resolutions more than justifies a version jump. In fact, I think EVN 1.1 would be more than logical. That's a pretty damn big thing.

@martinz, on Jun 15 2008, 06:49 AM, said in New EV Override port:

Well ... one more thing to just keep waiting for.

WoW 2nd expansion

Sorry too late. E-Sport aka Welfair Epics aka Arena has already mostly destroyed PvE and the game itself.