One helluva naval architect

I think it's the very reason this feature was added to the Nova engine:

Note: Mission cargo names that start with the asterisk character ('*') are
treated as "quantityless" - i.e. their quantity is never shown in the
player-info dialog and the word "the" is omitted in the message that
appears when the player retrieves that type of cargo from a ship as
part of a mission. This is useful for when the mission cargo is a
proper name.

Perhaps, for the sake of poor Anna, the EVO port should make use of this feature...

@qaanol, on Sep 20 2006, 07:52 AM, said in One helluva naval architect:

360/240/360

:laugh:

Haha, I just got that. Couple days late, but I did get it.

@evula, on Aug 24 2006, 01:57 PM, said in One helluva naval architect:

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was a way for something (like cargo) to eat into your fuel efficiency, so it takes 110% of the fuel for a jump... Maybe it'll be introduced in EV4. 😉

I'm building an effect similiar to that in my TC (3000). Mass added to your ship, whether it's cargo or weapon space, will decrease your accelleration (due to inertia) so It adds a new element- "Do I want to defend myself, or be able to outrun them?"

I think it's cool as f*ck... has anyone else ever thought of something like this before?

BTW, progress has slowed due to the high amounts of THC I've been absorbing lately. but Im still making progress.

Yes, many times, in fact Nova itself does this with heavier outfits like Matrix Steel.

You know the screenshot says "one ton of Anna Balashova" that could mean that you're only carrying a ton of her in your cargo hold. that's a ton out of who knows how many. and since there used to be EIGHT tons of food...

wait, but if there used to be 8 tons of food, then where did the extra 8 tons go?

It's in the passenger hold. The window only mentions what's in the CARGO HOLD.

I'm willing to bet that the waste disposal systems just eject that processed food into space.

Probably right before you hyperdrive.

A small piece of advice:

Never allow even a measely ton of Anna Balashova in your hold when you're already carrying 32767 tons of Durknen Girns. It ain't pretty.

do you lose everything?

@lnsu, on Oct 23 2006, 07:06 PM, said in One helluva naval architect:

do you lose everything?

No. It just all gets covered in vomit and negative matter.

I am unaccountably both bemused and amused that this topic went for two months and 31 posts before anyone said anything having to do with that august and bicameral body that meets in the Capitol of the Lone Star State. 🙂