One helluva naval architect

-- she could close out the Texas legislature, even.

This is totally trivial. It's just that, every time I see this, it occurs to me that I've got one truly large lady on my ship....

Attached File one_ton_of_Anna_B.png (10.07K)
Number of downloads: 330

Given all the other humor in EVO, I wouldn't be surprised if Cartwright was fully aware how this would look in-game. 🙂

That is all.

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 21 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

Ah good 'ole Anna

What the screenshot doesn't tell you is that there used to be eight tons of food.

:laugh:

Say, that doesn't quite look like EV in the background there.

It's the EVO port running on EVN 1.0.9. I often find that other windows get between an open dialog and the game's main screen when I use cmd-tab to switch apps and then work in programs other than EVN for a while.

Of course, now that I want to see this phenomenon, I can't seem to recreate it.

Hahaha. XD

@dr--trowel, on Aug 21 2006, 09:59 AM, said in One helluva naval architect:

...it occurs to me that I've got one truly large lady on my ship....

I thought all passenger missions in EVO take up cargo space, like 3T or something. That's one thing I love about EV, passengers take up zero tonnage. So if I only have 1T of cargo space left, I can still add multiple passenger missions to my list.

@evula, on Aug 22 2006, 05:25 PM, said in One helluva naval architect:

What the screenshot doesn't tell you is that there used to be eight tons of food.

A very funny addition to a great OP. Better not keep her on the ship too long or she'll really eat into your profits!

@martinz, on Aug 24 2006, 12:34 AM, said in One helluva naval architect:

<snip>

So you're still around, MartiNZ? The first guy to complete three mission strings in a Krait.

Including taking down the Voinian Dreadnaught! Some of us haven't forgotten...
Or in my case, forgiven.

@martinz, on Aug 23 2006, 06:34 PM, said in One helluva naval architect:

A very funny addition to a great OP. Better not keep her on the ship too long or she'll really eat into your profits!

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was a way for something (like cargo) to eat into your fuel efficiency, so it takes 110% of the fuel for a jump... Maybe it'll be introduced in EV4. 😉

@evula, on Aug 24 2006, 06:57 PM, said in One helluva naval architect:

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if there was a way for something (like cargo) to eat into your fuel efficiency, so it takes 110% of the fuel for a jump... Maybe it'll be introduced in EV4. 😉

And if not, as long as it's 3D, MMO, and comes with a set of steak knives, I'm sure we'll all forgive and forget ;).

@voinianambassador, on Aug 24 2006, 07:28 AM, said in One helluva naval architect:

So you're still around, MartiNZ? The first guy to complete three mission strings in a Krait.

Including taking down the Voinian Dreadnaught! Some of us haven't forgotten...
Or in my case, forgiven.

Yep, I'm around. The ASW board is one of the links I habitually follow from my homepage, but there hasn't been much going on here of late, and the Nova board just doesn't compare - I guess because I never had quite such an interest in that game. It has been a long time since I've seriously played any kind of EV anyway, but the whole crew of one thing was good fun, that's for sure ;).

At the moment I'm thinking in terms of quests rather than missions, goddamn addiction to WoW :huh:.

This post has been edited by MartiNZ : 24 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

Indeed, all the single person passengers will take up a ton of cargo space. Sounds like all these characters, be them Admirals, Diplomats, Naval Architects, Scientists, or stranded prototype Azdara pilots, need to hit Subway for lunch.

Say, I bet the "heavy plump lady" Anna from EV: Nova's Rebel string is the same from EVO. That would explain alot hehe.

Maybe she just brings along lots of baggage. Like heavy ship design computers and stuff.

She was a rescued hostage/prisoner/whatever. I don't think she would have had any computers on her at the time.

Maybe she has Ununhexium (element 116) boots. Those would weigh a lot.

Dude, these scientist types always have gear on them.

And samples.

Yeah, but the kidnappers would have taken it all off her and put it somewhere else/hidden it/destroyed it/something like that. At the time of rescuing she wouldn't have had anything on her. And all her data would have been backed up somewhere else so it wouldn't be vital to go out of your way to retrieve her stuff once you've rescued her.

Samples people. Samples

360/240/360

End of discussion.