Greetings from the Sol system

🙂 HI as you can tell i'm new and have a few questions

1 what are the advantages to regestering EVO

2 CAPN' HECTER TRING TO KILL ME!!!! what do i do?

3 what happenes when you Damand tribut at Freeport and defeat all the renagads? and damand another tribut

4 Is there any planet that will give you somthing when you damand tribut?

Hi there, welcome to the boards 🙂
There's actually little point in registering EVO as you can just buy Nova instead which will give you free access to the EV and EVO scenarios too (Hector won't try to kill you in these ones - she only does that to unregistered users).
When you demand tribute from any planet you first have to defeat their defence fleet and then demand tribute again. They will then submit to you and and pay you a certain amount of credits per day. They will not give you access to any new stuff.

EDIT: Gender Correction

This post has been edited by Guy : 28 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hector is programmed to hyperjump out the minute you leave sight, so with a cloaking device all you need to do is cloak and uncloak rapidly and he will not have the chance to bother you.

Howdy and welcome to the boards, IT 000.

What Guy said is the way to go. Registering allows you access to the full game, without Hector. She gets more annoying the more credits you have. Plus, paying for this cool game allows Ambrosia to develop more cool games for you to play. 🙂

When you dominate a planet, it also sends out bounty hunters after you for doing so. But the pay tribute income can be nice.

The only way to get special items is to play for specific factions. Each faction offers you their own special weapon and ship later in their mission string.

Try to dominate The Rock in a Shuttle. I double dog dare you. Qaanol did it...he's our hero. 🆒

Good luck, have fun!

IT 000 -- what kind of Mac have you got? If it's pre-G3, or if you have a really slow internet connection, there might be a point to sticking with Override instead of upgrading to Nova....

And if you're really, really into your current pilot, you might want to look on the EVO Add-ons page to find a Hector-disabling plug. If you do that and don't register either EVO or EVN, though, shame on you....

Dominating the rock in a shuttle?? Sounds like fun. I always liked going after the Miranu homeworld with a phase-loaded krait. One or two hits meant death. Now THAT was fun!

Upgrading a Miranu heavy freighter with Emalgha tech is fun, as long as you are with the Azdgari-otherwise the lack of speed is unbearable.

EVO plug-ins don't work if your unregistered. So there's very little point to a hector-disabling plug.

I could be wrong, but I believe I am not. I'm positive ambrosia would have considered this when EVO was released.

And tribute will give you access to new techs under certain circumstances.... Like if you play for the Voinians and the emalgha hate you... You dominate them, you get their basic techs. I think. (Basic techs only... cannons etc)

This post has been edited by -REDCHIGH- : 30 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Nope. That's only for EVN. For EV and EVO you can use plugs whether you're registered or not.

I didn't dominate the Rock in a shuttle, I destroyed it. There's a difference. I also destroyed the Voinian Dreadnought in a shuttle that was stock except for a Plasma Siphon.

And the Emalgha don't have any proprietary technology. Anyone who can land on Emalghia can buy their cannons, ships, and freighter upgrade.

One trick to being able to land on almost any planet is to accept one of the bounty hunting missions from human independent space. This makes renegade kraits and helians, flagged with infinite auxiliariness, attack you wherever you go. So if you go somewhere within two jumps of a place that you can't land, destroy the renegades, and either land or jump, and keep destroying the renegades, eventually your legal status will rise enough that you'll be able to land.

This does not, of course, work for the human renegade worlds. Luckily, however, I believe that accepting north tip bounty hunting missions and killing the resulting crescent fighters near Pariah, Yelts, or Riomar accomplishes the same objective.

And remember: being hated on Iothe Prime doesn't cost, it pays by letting you become a Captain of Freeport and attack Histiri Station.

Qaanol, on Jan 30 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

I didn't dominate the Rock in a shuttle, I destroyed it. There's a difference. View Post

There is a dif. A HUGE one. Sorry.

Qaanol, on Jan 30 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

I also destroyed the Voinian Dreadnought in a shuttle that was stock except for a Plasma Siphon.
View Post

Shuttles don't have any weapons stock, do they? That means that you beat a dreadnought with only a plasma siphon, which only works within the firing range of a enhanced neutron cannon..... How on Earth did you do that?

shuttle has 1 blaze cannon I think...

Oh. Know that makes more sense.... You bribed the fighters, right?

The Dreadnought battle in a shuttle is good fun. It has been a long time but I think it was harder in a Krait :). I seem to recall a lot of cloaking and uncloaking going on. My ships were never stock though ... no Dospect on those? You're crazy!

I think the only mission battle I didn't get done in the Krait was destroying The Rock - there were just too many Crescent Fighters to take out :(.

MartiNZ, on Jan 30 2006, 08:55 PM, said:

The Dreadnought battle in a shuttle is good fun. It has been a long time but I think it was harder in a Krait :). I seem to recall a lot of cloaking and uncloaking going on. My ships were never stock though ... no Dospect on those? You're crazy!

I think the only mission battle I didn't get done in the Krait was destroying The Rock - there were just too many Crescent Fighters to take out :(.
View Post

Or bribe... :rolleyes: Whistles, then walks away...

If you set the speed for 50%, any bribing becomes an easy prospect.

Were can I find this EVO Add-ons page :rolleyes: and thanks for all the edvice

Were can I find this EVO Add-ons page rolleyes.gif and thanks for all the edvice

Right here.

I assume that you are going on to plug-ins now, seeing you asked for the add-ons page. I recommend Frozen Heart, and the sequel to it, Femme Fetal. Babylon 5 and the Star Wars plug-in are also good TCs. There are also many good game enhancements, like Reign of the UE, and its Voinian counterpart.