The No Name Bar

OOC:

Hey guys, I added my extension to the battle on page 3. Please look back and read it before you continue. I've changed a couple details.

Thanks,
Jacey

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-15-2004).)

Kamikaze spun around the system, Larra watching everything with interest. It was nice to see Orion up and in the shape it used to be in. A pair of Crescent Warships had taken more than a casual interest in the three ship match, but the "official referee" had proved to be more that they could take.

Their wreckage was on display by the Rock. "This is getting interesting," Larra commented lazily to herself. "It would be fun to go against them myself..."

In the end, of course, Larra settled to singing along with the next song that blared out of her stereo. As of yet, she hadn't quite figured out how to disable. Then something across the system caught her eye.

The little fighter was clearly not native to the Override dimension, but Larra recognized it. The main body was an isosceles triangle, thought the two long sides extended behind the ship, curving in gracefully. A similar curved piece rested on the top of the pitch black ship, almost like the fin on a shark. A few guns and launchers rested above and below the main body.

Immediately upon sighting the ship, Larra's eyes blazed with rage. The person she hated most was here. Not necessarily in this particular ship, but definitely in the mothership. Lance....she'd kill him on sight.

Kamikaze spun around to face the fighter, and screamed to top speed in less than a second, hurtling forwards at speeds that could beat out most ships going at their hyperspace speed.

It took less than a second to cross the system, but by the time Larra arrived, the fighter was gone. She shivered, unnerved by how fast her anger had gotten out of control. That problem should have been fixed...

Larra did a few laps around the system to calm down, then settled down to watch what remained of the match. But, for once, Kamikaze's radar was on and operational, searching for certain ships...

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

OOC: I always love a twist, lets keep the battles going.
As far as The Bad Catholics go, they are my characters and that used to be my sig. Their first Concert was in the Bright start station, Page was, and i guess still is their guitarist. I'll post in a bit, when i get a little more of an Idea what Jacey has planned.

------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

OOC: FYI everybody, I've built a Lego model of the Longbow and another ship whose pilot is going to be joining Dech soon. Let's just call her a blast from the past. I'm working on a big ol' flashback to set up for when the new character enters. Fun, fun, fun.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

(OOC)
Note to Valence: with our two minds swapping moves instead of one author finishing it instantly, this battle has tremendous potential to get really interesting (or extremely far-fetched). And it would give us a chance to react to the other's attacks. Surely our friends on the boards will also find that more interesting to read about.

Thanks for considering this, and don't forget I've made my post at the end of page 3!! Please take a sec to read it!

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-16-2004).)

Ta-vora watches the battle with interest.
I knew the victory seemed a little too easy.
He then notices the new ship and senses Larra's sudden anger. Suddenly alerted, Ta-vora jumps towards the ship to get a better look of it. It reminds him of a Karee Shark fighter but with a sharper shape and longer wings. And of course there is no writing on it.
However, since he senses no imminent danger coming from the ship, he returns his attention to the duel.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.

Yume, was of course, at the bar now. She was tinkering with her new "toys" and watches on how they reflected the light while she held the black hilt that was in the middle of the s-shaped weapon. She in truth did not see them as a toy but as just a device that aided her whenever she saw fit.

She placed her devices in either side of her skirt so that they won't be visible before she slowly turned around in her seat to look around the now seemingly empty bar other than the few drunk creatures that were sleeping and drooling on the tables. She would have to clean that soon... The person who had hired her seemed not to be around for the moment also.

This was more to her liking actually. It made it less likely that anyone would disturb her now. She crossed her legs as she looked down at the watch that was around her right wrist. And like everything else on her, it was black, except that this thing was made to look like a ordinary watch although she had tinkered with it a little and it was more than what the eye could see.

Yume then turned back around to face the bar as she rested her elbow on the counter and placed her head in her hand as she slowly closed her eyes to hide those blue hues of hers. She let herself think for a few moments before a sound behind her brought her out of her thoughts.

Yume opened one eye to peer behind her to see a man holding a liquir bottle in his hand as he just stared at her almost rudely. Yume raised a thin brow as she looked to him and wondered what the man wanted but she really didn't care. She watched silently as he took a seat beside her and continued to stare at her. Yume just sighed softly as she looked away from him to stare out into space.

Suddenly, the man reached out and took her black sunglasses as he looked to them. He didn't pay much mind on how the girl would react and she didn't react much at all as the girl only looked to him again since he had got her attention now. He then held out the glasses to her as it seemed he was going to give it back.

Yume reached out to retrieve her sunglasses from the man who seemed to be bothering her now. But as her fingers touched the sunglasses, she soon found her hand held in the man's hand. She looked up at him as he continued to stare at her but now had a smug smile on his face before he looked down to study her hand for a moment.

Yume just blinked as she had no idea what the man was doing and what he would gain from it but she did nothing of it at the moment in time. She let him turn her hand around as he studied it in curiuosity and she watched as he slowly took off her fingerless glove off her hand and set it on the counter before he ran a finger in the middle of her palm as he studied the lines in the palm of her hand.

Yume saw no harm in him doing this so she rested her head upon her right hand again while the man studied her left hand. The man seemed to be just curious in the lines in the palm of her hand and nothing more so that was just find by her. As long as he didn't expect her to make any kind of conversation, talk to him, or any kind of courtship then she would let him do what he wanted for a while before she would snatch her hand away from him.

------------------

OOC:
Yay, it's Yume!

No seriously I'll post something tonight guys. I'm just saving myself a spot while I'm away to enjoy the company of my family members... 🙂

And, Valence, if you read this, feel free to make the next move or tell me if you want me to go just a little further with my post.

Either way don't go too far with your next post. This duel has just started!

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-15-2004).)

OOC: Oopsie... I didn't again... :frown: Post twice... but it was an accident this time, honest! Heh...

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-15-2004).)

Originally posted by JaceySquires:
**OOC:
Yay, it's Yume!

No seriously I'll post something tonight guys. I'm just saving myself a spot while I'm away to enjoy the company of my family members... 🙂

OOC: Hehehe. 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Seraphim:
**OOC: Hehehe.:)

And as long as it doesn't get too late in whichever time zone you're in, stay online tonight... I think the next few posts will be fun.

------------------
the boozy bar isnt for posting on, its for pissing on
- a friend

Originally posted by JaceySquires:
**And as long as it doesn't get too late in whichever time zone you're in, stay online tonight... I think the next few posts will be fun.

OOC: Hehe, I'll be online for about another hour or so. 🙂 -watches clock as time seems to be slipping by while she tries not to fall asleep from boredom on her keyboard-

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-15-2004).)

(TO BE EDITED?)

"Men! Don't launch those escape pods just yet! We're back in action!" the veteran yelled over the intercom.

Page, watching the Lazira he had just cut in half reactivate itself, had begun to realize what was happening, but couldn't believe it.

It had been some time since he had thought it necessary to use his true powers. Certainly in this universe, there was nothing he believed could handle a T0 Vell-os.
Sensing another mental attack, Page closed his eyes briefly, allowing the hostile weaves to surround him then bursting out with his own energy.

==========
At the spacedock, the strange individual stumbled backwards.

Page navigated the Orion toward the pirate's ship and the battlemech raised its arm, ready to deal the pirate Lazira a crushing blow.

Recovering his footing, the figure at the docks stood tall again.
----------
Jacey, I won't be able to split my focus on you, the pirate, and Page all at once. You're going to have to give up your ally...
----------

Discouraged for a moment, Jacey watched as Orion brought its fist down on the pirate's ship, chaingunning and blasting away at the captain's vessel even as it did this. The blue energy field warped and buckled, finally dissipating as the Lazira was disabled once more.

Page turned his ship around and recognized Jacey's ship across the system, apparently retreating.

----------
I need your help!
Carry on without me. I'll take care of the telepath.
----------

Jacey screamed hysterically over the intercom, "All pilots to your fighters!"
Three crescent fighters zipped out of Lazira 841.

"Whatever this kid's done to upgrade his ship, I'm still not impressed," Page told Orion.

And, as Jacey fired the second-to-last dispersal rocket on his ship, Orion fired up its engines for a retaliatory attack.

OOC: So Valence, the next post in this duel is yours. But kindly don't win it in this next move. I have at least one more move for Jacey planned, and I hope it won't hurt your character's ego to let Jacey use it on him. Feel free to show off, but I'd appreciate if this battle continues a while longer.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-16-2004).)

OOC: This is getting interesting

------------------
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

"Interesting, this kids got a lot more to him than i thought. I could either wipe the floor with him or see how far his power goes. what do you suggest."
Page felt a warmth he hadnt felt so strong since he arrived in this universe. A voice rang throuh his mind, a voice that had long been silenced.
"Test him.. He may be usefull.."
"Okay, for now lets confuse im a bit."
Orion's engines flared. The battle mech shot back and down, out of the cloud of smoke. Phase cannon bursts shot past Orion, lighting the space around.
"Status?"
"All systems functioning, armor holding at 79%, all generators recharged."
"Good."
And Then completely unexpected another weave attack shot forth. Page withdrew his weaves, and caught the attack. "Gotcha.."
"What's wrong?" Jace asked staring into the cloud of smoke. A flash of heat ran through his skull and his vessel was rattled by a Kick from behind.
Jacey could feel Page's weaves reading his brain, his thoughts, and his plans. His own inner voice was being muffled by Page's.
"If you wish to fight through telepathy so be it."
Jacey couldnt move or speak. His eyes stared in horror at his crew at a loss of what to do. Orion delivered blow after blow two Jacey's ship, he watched the armor gauge dropp slowly.
"NOOO!"
Jacey flew with inhuman speeds to the pilots seat and Jerked the controls back. His inner voice unleashed a fury f weaves forcing Page to fall back.
"This is interesting," Page mused. "Now lets see if he can hit me."

------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

Instead of attacking, however, Jacey turned a full 180°, unloading all of his SAD modules as he went. His crescent fighters swarmed Orion.
Matching their speed easily, Orion flashed out its blade and completely obliterated the puny fighters.

“Coward,” Page muttered, moving to switch controls so he could pursue the fleeing vessel.
Someone slapped PageÂ’s hand out of the way.

“Oh, this is ****ing ridiculous! Give it up, kid!”
“ Don’t you understand by now, fool? I’M NOT THE KID! ”
“Then I’ll show you no mercy!”

As JaceyÂ’s ship tried to escape, Page stopped Orion completely and touched the pommel of Antaries.

Exchanging blows, the enemyÂ’s mind lashed at PageÂ’s. Page flared his weaves right back, exerting his strength just enough to overpower his opponent. Honestly, he was quite curious to discover who this individual exactly was.
But when a solid punch hit him squarely in the face Page adjusted to a tight grip around AntariesÂ’ hilt.
Pulsing with energy, let loose his final attack for he understood that he still had a bet to win.
Shuddering at the thought of the massive blows striking the mind of his opponent, Page was glad he wasnÂ’t on the receiving end of his own attack.

The character at the spacedock fell to his knees in defeat but decided to leave with a parting shot.

Enraged, the stranger tossed his head back and uttered a guttural cry as his voice weaved throughout space. Unheard by anyone else, his silent scream rocked the senses of all telepaths in the system.
----------
NO ONE IN THIS UNIVERSE IS INVINCIBLE!!
SOME DAY, TELEPATH, EVEN YOU WILL BE FORCED TO REALIZE THIS!

----------

Though he had enjoyed sparring with this opponent for the moment, Page didnÂ’t pause to consider this final message and searched for Lazira 841 instead.

Releasing AntariesÂ’ handle and sliding completely back in his chair, Page relaxed and sensed Jacey from across the system. He probed JaceyÂ’s thoughts for the presence of that mysterious voice and found nothing. Then, wondering if Jacey had any back-up plans left, Page checked and again found nothing.

JaceyÂ’s mind had blanked.

“Tough break, kid.” Page laughed. He decided to head quickly over to Larra and Ta-vora to let them know that this was finally over. Gesturing at the Kamikaze and Ta-vora’s shade, Orion snapped its fist into a thumbs-up sign.

“That was an interesting battle,” Larra said.
“Yet I wonder... technically speaking, it hasn’t really ended yet,” Ta-vora thought to himself.

Page turned around and sighted Jacey across the system. Aiming very carefully, Page launched the very last of his ballistics at JaceyÂ’s vessel, hitting the turrets, the SAD launcher, and the dispersal rocket launcher. The crescent fighter bay was also hit hard.
“I don’t think anything else will be coming out of there any time soon,” Page remarked.

Back in Lazira 841 , Jacey despaired of his situation. Though his shipÂ’s engine and thrusters remained fully active, he had sustained heavy damage; he figured his armor had maybe 15% left. Jacey realized then what Page had done: he had purposely disabled all of JaceyÂ’s weapons systems, leaving Jacey a sitting duck.

“Jacey, my bro, you put up a surprisingly good fight, but I’d say this duel is over.”

“I guess...” Jacey replied, staring as Orion fired its engines and burst full throttle toward Jacey’s ship.
Glowing green light flashed brilliantly from Orion Â’s left shoulder as Page readied his ship to administer the final physical blow that would completely disable the Lazira.

“I don’t have any back-up left, and there’s nothing left on this ship to help me...”

JaceyÂ’s voice trailed off... he remembered something.

While flashbacks of the warehouse ran through his mind, Jacey turned to the command module and flipped on all of the shipÂ’s internal communication systems.

“All remaining crewmen, to the cargo hold! Wait for my command...”

Whereas Jacey had been trembling from shock earlier, now that all outside influences had left his mind alone for the moment, a wonderful calm came over him.

Watching the radar as Page’s battlemech closed half the gap between them, Jacey took a deep breath, leaned forward, and spoke slowly and clearly, “Now... at my command...”

Jacey managed a slight smile as he estimated PageÂ’s ship had just a few moments before it would reach him.

“... Jettison... all... cargo.”

Afterburning away while his crew opened the cargo hatches, Jacey unloaded everything he had picked up at the warehouse.

Hurtling toward Lazira 841 , Page didnÂ’t recognize the yellow vehicles tumbling out of JaceyÂ’s ship and spreading into space. Page pulled back Orion Â’s arm, about to swing at Jacey before he escaped...
Even at the speed it was travelling, Orion was brought to a complete halt by the impact... a dozen forklifts... a dozen direct hits. The battlemech shuddered as repeated blows struck it at odd angles...

His attack negated, Page was confused, but he planned a quick recovery.
What he didnÂ’t plan for however were the explosions...

Hearing the revving of motors end in thousand-decibel explosions, Jacey was satisfied to see the forklifts detonate as their batteries reacted with the impact.

In the Override universe, there exists a single weapon that should be recognized as greater than all others...
and Jacey had just learned firsthand that it was the forklift.

Jacey hesitated as he admired the cloud of debris floating through space; then, sending a concerned radio transmission to Orion , he asked Page,
“Dude, can’t we just call it a draw?”

Jacey waited for a return transmission.

OOC: Stick a fork in it, cuz that duelÂ’s done.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-17-2004).)

OOC: Fine by me. I put back my old sig by the way.
-----------
"Are you disabled yet?" Page asked Orions onboard computer, and lighting a cigarette.
"I Still have ggenerators 4, 5, and 6 online and at full power, and the armor is holding, Shall we continue."
"I'd rather just call it a draw and make the kid happy," Page said in a shade of smoke.
"Lets get back to the bar, I want a ****in drink."
-----------
Page stepped down the corridors of the rock slowly. He was flanked by Larra and Ta-vora, and demon trailed behind a few feet.
"I thought there was something strange about that boy," Larra said, ignoring the wide eyed stares of older pirates and renegades.
"I just thought he had a spirit inside of him, but it turned out to be an intruder. I cant say I'm not a little disturbed. That's the only thing that's been able to put up a decent fight against me since i got here."
Larra let out a shrill shriek suddenly. She turned and stared at a laughing old spaceman.
"You want me to?" Page asked looking over his lowered sunglasses.
Larra punched the man so hard that his head bounced off the wall, and he hi the floor.
"I got it," Larra turned and began walking again, a nice big grin plastered on her face.
"She's great aint she?" Page asked Ta-vora, and he made after Larra.
Ta-vora looked over to the old bleeding spacer, then to demon. He shrugged and made his way to the bar.
Page took a seat at his booth, and waved for a bottle of brandy.
Dech nodded, and went back to the stock room to get the bottle.
Page reclined a bit, putting up his feet on the other side of the booth, and getting comfortable. His open eye scanned the bar lazily. That is untill something caught hius attention.
Another pair of amber eyes met his. The women that wore them also sported very thick blonde hair. She wore a deep crimson cloak and flashed a smile at Page. She turned away and left the bar rather quickly after.
"What you looking at?" Demon asked from under the table.
"Nothin," Page said shaking the woman out of his head.

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

Yume's attention was averted from the man who was playing with her hand to the group of people who had just come in. They were the same group of people that the boy named Jacey had gone off with but it seemed like he didn't return with them.

Too bad..., she thought at the knowledge of this and her gaze went back to the man as he turned her hand this way and that before staring back into the palm of her hand. Yume still couldn't decide what the man was looking for but she didn't care much about it.

Yume was starting to doze off as she continued to watch the man through slightly closed eyes with the littlest of interest before she let her elbow slid on the counter so that she could rest her head on her arm. That's when she closed her eyes and decided to rest for just a little while.

The man looked up from studying the girl's hand to studying her face as she rested. She looked so peaceful now and innocent. And even...vulnerable. A smirk slowly crept upon his lips as he watched her for a few moments before he was sure she had dozed off.

The man's hand slowly started to make its way up her arm and to her shoulder as his fingers glided up so that he wouldn't wake her up and get his butt in trouble since something about her told him that he was playing with something lethal.

As his hand finally slowly started to creep down in front of Yume's shoulder, Yume's hand that the man had been studying only moments ago suddenly sprang up and smacked the man square in the face without actually meaning to.

The man was thrown back from his seat and he rubbed his face as he sat on the floor before he looked to the girl with a frown but soon that frown vanished to be replaced with confusion as he saw the girl yawn and move her hand under her head to provide as a cushion for it. She had been asleep the whole time?

Yume hadn't really been asleeping. She was just resting her eyes. It was foolish to fall asleep in this bar. And the man was just as foolish if he thought he could get advantage of her with her eyes closed, so she gave him a good smack on the face that was sure to leave a red handprint.

Unfortunately, the man didn't get the warning as he stood up and rubbed his red face some more. He grumbled something under his breath before he looked to Yume again. He slowly went to stand behind her before he put both of his arms on either side of her as his hands got hold of the counter on either side of her also.

Yume's eyes slightly opened as she got glimpse of the man's hands on either side after she sensed him move behind her. It seemed like he was planning to trap her right there but she just yawned again while she waited to see what the drunk man had planned. This is what she got for even tolerating company...

------------------

Dech had returned to the No Name and been sitting in the corner watching the duel on the viewscreen he'd just installed.

Turning away, he noticed the man bothering his janitor. Do they ever learn?

Silently, he moved behind the janitor. Leveling a huge automatic blaster at the back of the man's head, he spoke. "If you want company, there's plenty of whorehouses. I suggest you leave the janitor of this bar alone, or I may be forced to take drastic measures. Leave."

The man whipped around, face to Dech's massive blaster. "Hey **** you, who the **** are you? I'm just havin' a little fun."

Dech clicked the safety off, and the blaster made a menacing buzz as it charged. Dech's face turned deadly serious with unbridled hatred. "A little fun has been known to go too far," As quickly as it had appeared, the hatred was buried again, and Dech continued, "I own this bar, and I'd appreciate it if you'd mind your own business, and leave my patrons and employees alone. I'd hate to create more of a mess for our beautiful young janitor to clean up. I'd much rather your brains moved out the door on their own power, not in a mop bucket."

The man turned to leave, but spun and tried to rush Dech. Dech was too fast, and fired a paralyzing stun shot into the man's face. "You're asking for it." Dech drug the paralyzed man out the back door, his face darkening again. "Have you ever considered that your fun isn't fun for your victim, pig?" Dech's boot slammed into the man's ribcage. "How about the ones you have your fun with and then kill? Where's their chance to live their life?" Another vicious kick. "Can you give back what you take? No. Well, mother****er, I want my best friend back." Dech switched the blaster to kill, and charged the shot. The man's eyes betrayed his fear even through the paralysis. Dech pointed the blaster at the man's face, then slowly aimed downwards, between the man's legs. Changing his mind, Dech fired into the man's head, killing him instantly. That punishment is reserved for a certain piece of scum, when I find him. Dech's mask returned, and his face returned to it's jovial scoundrel smile.

Dech returned to his bar, and his spot serving drinks.

OOC: Good battle, guys. I enjoyed it immensely. Now I just need one of my patrons to sense the massive hatred in Dech's voice, and ask him about it. I got a story to tell.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

(This message has been edited by TheGreenFile (edited 07-17-2004).)

OOC: Wanted to make a longer post, but lacking time at the moment.

Ta-vora yawns. Larra and Page both look at him, slightly amused, as this is the first time they see him do that.
“Excuse me, but I need a break. I haven't slept for three days and watching the duel as projection has confused all my remaining energies. Page, perhaps you could get your computer to decypher the crystal chip.”
Page nods. “I'll see what I can do.”
With that Ta-vora stands up and leaves the bar.

------------------
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.