The No Name Bar

(Thanks for responding to my post, Ta-vora!)

OOC: Sorry about dissapearing, some of my internet computer burned out, and it took us ages to get replacements. You've done a good job of fading out my inactive character, so good on, you. I'll probably sit the rest of this one out, hope you do well though!

------------------
What if God smoked dope like us,
drove a purple flowered hippie bus...

(This message has been edited by GOD (edited 21-12-2012).)

OOC: I are back.

I'm going to be a bit busy this weekend, looking for a job. I should be able to post at a pretty good pace, though.

Phant hasn't been posting lately, He's probably busy in real life or something. As an addendum to Ta-Vora's post, I do write Dechtran Zel, (DZ) known as Dech to his friends.

The Hacker/Riddick/Whatever is Phantasmaegoria's character.

Anyway, I'm working on a post at the moment, tying up some of the loose strings in my little subplot thingy.

Also, let's make the battle with the bounty hunters a good one, and orchestrate it and stuff through email. If you guys like the idea, drop me an email at thegreenfile at gmail.com, and I'll try to moderate the posts.

Alternately, you could all register on (url="http://"http://thegreenfiles.net/")my forums(/url), and I'll create a new restricted topic for us to hash out the battle in before we post it here.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

Originally posted by TheGreenFile:
**OOC: I are back.
Also, let's make the battle with the bounty hunters a good one, and orchestrate it and stuff through email. If you guys like the idea, drop me an email at thegreenfile at gmail.com, and I'll try to moderate the posts.

Alternately, you could all register on my forums, and I'll create a new restricted topic for us to hash out the battle in before we post it here.

OOC: Sounds like a fine idea to me. However, I may be busy for a while so move on without me.

Just keep the story alive.

------------------
It appears the purple eels were a red herring.
- Accompaniment

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-14-2004).)

yawns It's too early in the morning to be awake.....looks at forum..Aww! Does the GF have a g/f? Cute!

Okay...I think I'm fully awake now....

Personally, I don't care if we coordinate the fight or not, but if we do, the forum is the better of GF's two ideas. I'll register, but I warn you, my attention span is too short to be a serious member in more than one story, so I won't be an active member.

I'm going back to bed.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

OOC: Just got back from Philly, wasnt able to post sorry all. I have a plan for these bounty hunters, and it will go through as planned. if there's anything i need to tell everyone i'll shoot em all over an email.
By the way, in early august My band is going on tour, ill post a list of laces we're stopping. Its always good to have a place to stay when you dont have cash for a hotel ;D. When i get the dates ill post em.
Anyways ill post soon.

------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

I was beginning to wonder if you had fallen into a black hole or something... 😉

Just a warning, I will have no computer access from Friday night until Monday morning, so no posts for me in that time period.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

Looks like it's vacation time or something. Where'd everyone go?

------------------
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).

thegreenfile@gmail.com

I'm here, waiting for anyone to post something I can react to

(EDIT)My mistake, actually I'm Ta-vora-(/EDIT)

------------------
“It is interesting that well-protected secrets and complicated puzzles are often solved faster than easy ones. Why? Because the better a secret is protected and the more complicated a puzzle is, the more thinkers it attracts.” - me
(url="http://"http://starlightdev.freewebpage.org")STARLIGHT DEVELOPMENT(/url)

(This message has been edited by Arion (edited 07-11-2004).)

Originally posted by Arion:
**I'm here, waiting for anyone to post something I can react to

====
OOC: Same here, Arion. Gone for a week, I expected more than just some idle chat between some of the older authors.
Speaking for myself however, I'll write whenever I can because I'm new to this and still enjoy it immensely.
Remind me, however, who your character is, and I'll be glad to create some interaction.

Jacey tapped his foot impatiently then cleared his throat.
“Page, I guess I didn’t make myself obvious the first time I asked, so I’ll be straightforward with you.
Could you introduce me to and tell me a little about your friends?”
JaceyÂ’s head ached momentarily.

----------
Jacey! IÂ’m interrupting to give you a heads up.
How ironic.
Don’t be cute with me! I have to take care of a few things and so will be leaving you alone. Have fun while you can because once I’m back you won’t be enjoying yourself at all. That’s a promise. Something big is coming, and I can’t afford for you to fail. Take this chance to practice your own skills. Try a little “improv,” as I believe you drama-types might call it... Either way, I’m taking over once I return.
----------
Flashing from gray back to green, Jacey's eyes remained focused on Page, who was paying more attention to the smoke weaving its way through the air than to what Jacey had just asked him.

Grinning, he added, “Actually, Page, if you have to wait until later to answer me I’d be fine with that too.”

Jacey turned around and found what he was looking for directly behind him.
Sitting at the bar, YumeÂ’s facial expression was slightly different from how Jacey remembered it. For once she actually seemed... concerned. But, in the time it took Jacey to blink, Yume's expression returned to being as neutral as ever.

“Nope,” he thought. “She looks exactly the same as I left her: uninterested...” - Jacey smiled - “...but just as beautiful as ever.”

Stepping away from PageÂ’s table and approaching Yume again, Jacey excused himself for leaving earlier then took a seat at the stool beside beside her.

Smiling brightly, he asked, “What’s your name?”
His smile faded when she didnÂ’t respond.

Pulling a pen from his pocket and taking out the note Yume had given him earlier, Jacey reread the mysterious strangerÂ’s words.
Then turning it over, Jacey stole one last glance at Yume and began writing on the other side of the note.

Just minutes later he handed it over to her. Written in JaceyÂ’s neat, perfectly straight style of handwriting, the note said at the top:

I made some changes to what you suggested, but if youÂ’re smart youÂ’ll realize the purpose of my message is the same.

Yume read the note silently.

_Your eyes are like twin dew drops beneath the rising sun, cooling the flame that rages in my heart.
I hear laughter - mocking me. I search for you but find myself alone in a flawless crystal reflection, never reaching inside where secret gems remain untouched.
Their color is pure and clear, sparkling like fresh water, but still I cannot describe them, for what I see in your eyes runs bluer and deeper than the ocean.

Your skin is richer than purest ivory. Everything else in the universe pales in comparison. Your fingers are slender, graceful even in the simplest of movements.
Simple, beautiful, gentle - and yet I wonder if those same hands have also caused pain before. Tell me about the tear I see. How may I, a mere mortal, bring justice to the one who has insulted thee?

And yet, my goddess, you seem not to care. With those same slender fingers of yours you brush your hair lightly from your face. Your hair is not a “short, shimmering waterfall.” It is a dark curtain that hides your precious soul from me. Or maybe it is both, because when it moves lightly side to side it forms a cascade that overwhelms me at once and brings me back to reality.

My angel, I adore you, yet even now your silence frightens me. I feel that your interest in me is like a ripple upon a pond surface, vanishing after the briefest of moments.

Therefore if it is your will, please speak to me. I wait patiently for you, and I am yours.

-Jacey_

==========
Squiggy awoke to find himself with a massive migraine. Wondering if it was a hangover from the last bar he had visited, it took him just under a second to notice the beeping of the comm-unit blaring in his ear.

“What is it?!” he shouted. “I hear you! I hear you!”
“ I need ... meet me ... an hour. ”
“Wait! Wait! I can’t hear you through all the static!”
But before Squiggy could ask anything, the comm-unit crackled and the voice faded out.

Checking the device, he found it caked in a grimy red fluid. Touching his hand to the side of his head behind the earphone, Squiggy was startled to feel dampness and to see the same red on his fingers.

Pulling another device from his jacket, Squiggy flicked a switch and his surroundings were flooded with fluorescent light.

“Oh... God...”

Noticing the smell of blood and cooked flesh for the first time since he had awoken, Squiggy simultaneously choked and gasped at what he saw lying at his feet. Five bodies - humans, Squiggy guessed - were strewn about the floor, their faces burnt by some sort of blaster fire. Squiggy couldnÂ’t tell from their clothing , but these were the same men Jacey had run into earlier (EmainiacÂ’s gang), and Yume had disposed of their bodies in the simplest way possible - by throwing them into the nearest trash pit.

“I must have fainted after the little bugger attacked me,” Squiggy remarked aloud, remembering Jacey.

Then, groaning, he took a swig from a flask he carried with him at all times and collapsed onto the ground once more, his snores echoing throughout the Rock's sewer system.

==========

------------------
- Accompaniment

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-12-2004).)

She read the note and blinked at what he had written. Slowly, those blue hues looked up to him for a moment as they seemed...different now...not as void as they had been last time...but she didn't let Jacey have time to see what had been their difference as she looked back down at the note.

Her slender fingers slowly ran over the writing and the now changed poem. Last time, she hadn't even tried to really describe how she looked and yet... something about how he changed the poem actually got to her. Did it...move her? Her fingers continued to move over the paper as if she was admiring his work before she set it in her lap.

A light frown had touched her thin brows as she read the last part. Talk to him...? She agained glanced up at him but her eyes had returned to their void state. She thought for a moment on what to even tell him... Should she even try?

And was that...actually color on her cheek? She was quite pale to suggest she didn't go into the light much..and yet...was that pink? But it was so faint that it might not even be noticable. She seemed almost fidgety now as she shifted in her seat.

Her hand slowly raised to the turtle neck on her long sleeved shirt and she fidgeted with it a little. Her shirt almost looked like it was made out of latex but who knew. Her eyes kept glancing at him and then the poem in almost uncertaincy before she took the writing utencil and started to write under her poem on the side she had written it before he changed it.

She didn't give him the note right away but held onto as she looked to him while her eyes narrowed some. She then suddenly leaned closer to him, almost so close that it looked like she might even kiss him. Their lips were only a whisper away before she suddenly moved so that her pale, soft lips could be at near his ear.

A soft, melodic voice that was quite soothing to the ear if one actually took the time to listen to it whispered passed her lips as she only had intentions of only him to hear her. But in truth...she hadn't spoken to him with her mouth at all...

"Greetings, Jacey... My name is Yume..."

That was all that seemed to have gotten passed her lips before she moved away and sat back in her seat. She watched him expression to see if he was surprised or shocked from such intimacy and if he was delighted that she finally actually spoke to him and only him before she handed him the note.

She let him read the note to himself as her hand rubbed her neck as it looked like she was in some discomfort now while she closed her eyes to hide her blue hues and waited for him to finish reading the note.

Thanks for the poem. Tis quite nice actually and I enjoyed it. Although, don't ask me to speak with my mouth. I can't.

She knew that Jacey would be slightly curious on why she couldn't talk and when he looked up, she lowered her turtle neck to show him a scar in the middle of her neck for him to see the thing that kept her from talking.

It looked like such a scar that would render her from ever speaking but she had spoken to him, hadn't she? She moved the turtle neck back up to cover her scar and pointed to the note in a way to tell him to finish it.

Although, I can speak with you through telepathy quite easily if you like.

She waited to see what his response would be while she thought to herself for a moment. How long had it been since she actually let a word pass her lips? Months? Years...? She couldn't remember and she wondered if she would ever speak with her lips again. She even hadn't speaken through telepathy in such a long time.

And yet when she spoke to him through telepathy, it sounded so clear that one might mistaken that she had actually spoken with her lips and not her mind. It was only because she was good with telepathy so it did not come hard to her.

But she had liked the poem, so she wanted to at least reward him with something. Secretly, she adored poems and so his had touched her. She guessed that is why she spoke to him even if it was through telepathy. She wondered if she would ever speak to him with her lips...

If only she could find a person with the expertise in her problem to fix her and let her speak again without turning her in because she knew that every scientist high up knew about her, and she would not go back...ever.

But she shouldn't let that bother her now, as she reread his poem in her mind. In truth...she loved the poem. Who knew, she might actually grow fond of Jacey. Patiently wait for me because you offer yourself to me..., she silently thought as she looked to Jacey and her lips twitched...had that been a hidden smile?

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-11-2004).)

"Yume..." Jacey whispered softly.
"Yume..."

Jacey's gaze hadn't left Yume since he had finished reading her note.
His eyes reflected the single thing that occupied his mind.

----------
Here I am, in a bar on the fringes of explored space, and I'm sitting next to the one creature that may yet bring me satisfaction in my life...

How mysterious are the paths we follow... how unpredictable are the threads of fate... weaving... weaving... and where do they lead? ...and what do they create?
----------

Jacey turned to look at Larra. He turned again to look at Rima. He turned back to look at Yume.

----------
This one, this being, holds so much mystery to her. If I can only find her spirit within the silence, my life will already have so much more purpose...

I need to practice my poetry.
----------

Breaking out of deep thought, Jacey spoke to Yume.
"I was afraid I would have nothing to say, but your voice, like everything else about you, stirs my soul. I hope I may hear it again some day."
He added quietly, "Only then... only then I might be able to truly tell you how you make me feel."

He fell silent, remembering why he was here. He still needed to figure out who the hunters were after, and he wondered what he would do until they arrived.
However, as hard as he tried to concentrate, Jacey's thoughts kept returning to the one at his side.

Jacey looked yet again at Yume.
Leaning back gently, he shut his eyes while a slight smile curled his lips.

Jacey sighed.

------------------
- Accompaniment

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-12-2004).)

Originally posted by JaceySquires:
**...I'll write whenever I can because I'm new to this and still enjoy it immensely...

OOC: Just because I've been doing this longer than you doesnt mean that i dont still love it. The world just has a tendency to get in the way, even when you post late at night.

Jacey turned around looking confident, and strutted back to the table, ready for another drink.
"Ladies man," Page replied.
"You know you're pretty sweet," Larra Harped. "Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, my name is Larra," She extended her hand and shook Jacey's firmly.
"OH! I'm demon," Demon spoke up, unwillingly calling attention the the fact that he had drank several of Pages shots.
"I am Ta-vora," The cat/human hybrid nodded.
"Well its good to finally meet all of you."
There was a crackle of Ta-voras wrist com, and the alien spoke to his crewman for a while.
"Hey Page, looks like your ship is fully repaired."
"Lets check it out then" Page said, shooting to his feet.
"Uh, Mind if I come with?" Jacey said quietly, not particularly wanting to be alone.
"Sure."
The group got up, and made their way through the cavernous tunnels of the rock, to the Azula's hanger. The road was long and rather uneventfull compared to other's Page had had. A few of the stations natives tried to rob the relatively new patrons, but the accosters soon found themselves through walls.
Soon enough, Page and company found themselves staring at Page's ship.
"What the hel kind of ship is that?!" jacey asked staring wide eyed at the sleep black ship that sat in the Azula's main cargo hold. The ship thin, and almost fragile looking, still managed to look intimidating. It was too large to be a fighter, but too small to be a courier, and by the look of the amont of guns on it one would assume it had little to no cargo space.
"What hapened to it?" Ta-vora asked his head mechanic, "didn't it have legs the last time i saw it?"
"Once we finished its repairs it folded up into this," The mechanic said wipng grease from his fur. "Then these little spheres came out and started painting it."
"I was about to ask how you painted it so nicely."
Page stepped forward slowly and knocked on the hull lightly. He then looked at the ship half satisfied. He then punched the ship with more than enough force to make the sound ring out through out the station. On the point of impact there was a blinding light and the ship skidded along the floor for a good ten feet. The only mark on the ship, were four scratches right where Page's knuckles were.
"Nice, what'd you reinforce the armor with?"
"Did you just break your hand? how the hell did you do that," a confused Jacey asked.
"Actually we got all the materials through your Ether system, you have a very good rig, although I'm still confused how that thing flies. It desnt have a single main powersource."
"It does you just don't know what it is. I'm gonna take this thing for a test flight, anyone wanna place a bet." Page pointed out of the Azula and over to a rather menacing looking Lazira.
Larra chuckled.
Jacey exploded with laughter.
"Look Page, no offence but i dont think you can take a lazira alone, I mean your ship is cooled looking, but come on its about 5 times bigger and has SAD modules."
"How about a bet?" Larra saw a glint in Page's eye that she hadnt seen in a long time.
"I'll give you 10 million credits if i lose."
Jacey's eyes lit up like alittle kid on christmas.
If he's confident enough to bet 10 million credits that means he's probably going to win..
"Shut up, I'm about to make an easy million," Jacey said through a smile.
Page walked over to the Lazira and knocked on the main hatch. A crewman stuck his head out and pointed his gun at Page's face once he saw him.
"Hey, i'm here to see your captain," Page said in a rather jolly tone.
The frumpy pirate grinned a toothless grin. "An' what bus'ness would you be havin' with mee cap'n?" The pirate asked in gritty voice.
"I'd like to make a wager with him."
The captain appeared in the ships hatch.
"What kind of wager are we talking about?"
"I bet I can destroy your ship before you can destroy mine. If i win, i'll buy you either another Lazira or a crescent warship."
The captain frowned.
"I have to decline your offer friend, I've been this ships captain for 35 years, and if i were to lose it it would be like losing my daughter."
"What if i were to Buy you a Lazira for the duel?"
"I dont think i coud refuse that," the capain said stroking his stubble.

------------------

OOC: Quick description of Jacey...
He is an 18 year-old young male with big things are in store for him (just like everyone else in the bar).

While it may be true that he's inexperienced, he is a quick learner, and he will mature faster than one might realize.

With that said... here goes...

====================

"Make that two Laziras, Page. Why don't we up the ante a bit? I've got an idea..."

"I'm listening..." Page said.

"Double or nothing, you might call it... You purchase two Laziras, one for that gentleman there..." Jacey said, pointing at the pirate captain, "... and one for me. From the looks of your ship, I can tell you have at least a little combat experience under your belt. Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself? I'll pilot the second Lazira, and if I cannot destroy the other Lazira on my own, then I'll pay you twenty million creds... each."
Jacey gestured at both the pirate and Page.
The latter stared at him curiously.

"Okay, I admit I don't have the money with me, but I guarantee you'll receive the payment if I lose. All I ask for is a ship."
Page chuckled.

"I'm serious! What do you say?"

Jacey grinned mischievously as he waited for the two men's reply.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-25-2004).)

She had watched as Jacey left with the group of people. She tilted her head some as he disappeared out the door and she found herself wondering if he would come back. Did she feel... a ting of disappointment? She frowned lightly as she thought of this and just shrugged her shoulders lazily as she leaned back in her seat and stared at the cieling.

The thing that Jacey had written to her still replayed in her mind over and over again. She just found something about it to her liking. Perhaps because it was just poetry? Or the fact that he had written it to her about her and his feeling for her..? No..that can't be. It must be because it was poetry and nothing more...right?

She sighed as she rubbed her forehead and slowly closed her eyes as thoughts ran through her mind. She shouldn't even be thinking about this anyways. She should be wondering about the hunters and how she would deal with the situation when they came. Perhaps she should move on and slip by any trouble.

But she was also bored, so she decided to stay a little longer. Slowly, she got out of her seat and started to walk to around as she picked up empty glasses and beverages so that she could either throw them in the trash or put them back in the sink.

After she finished, she walked to the door and then went outside. It was not like she had anything else to do in the bar at the moment and she really didn't like how the other men looked at her. Old men... She was a teen and yet they still checked her out like that drunk one earlier on.

She went for a walk not to far from the bar. She just felt like she needed to go outside and at least try to get some fresh air. She walked to where the market was teaming with people as they scurried around as if they had urgent business to attend to somewhere and they even didn't have time to apologize whenever they bumped into someone.

She made sure she didn't bump into anyone as she twisted and turned around each person almost like a dark shadow. She could easily be seen in the crowd as it seemed she was the only one who wore all black at the moment. She ignored everyone and everything around her. They were of no importance to her.

She stared straight ahead as she weaved around person after person after person. She tried to clear her thoughts as she walked for a while. Ignoring the looks she got from the people around her since she was different from the rest of them and somehow they knew to keep just a slight distance from her.

She wanted to think things through at the moment. She could easily block out the sounds around her and the world if she wanted to. But to her surprise, her thoughts ended up if Jacey would be at the bar when she returned after her breif walk through the market.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-12-2004).)

After watching most of his patrons leave the bar, Dech decided to go work on his Arrow a little more, maybe take it for a test flight. Leaving Ace in charge of the bar, Dech and Nicol headed out the door and towards the Longbow 's dock.

------------

Dech slid out from under the fuselage of the Arrow , and stood. The white UE Fighter was complete, and ready for a shakedown run.

Strapping into the cockpit, Dech activated the comm system. "Longbow, this is Arrow. I'm ready to go zip around outside for a bit."

In the bridge of the Longbow , Nicol acknowledged Dech. "Arrow, this is Longbow. I'm opening the bay doors. Be careful, love."

Dech grinned impishly. "Am I ever not careful?"

"I'm not going to answer that..."

Dech fired up the engines, and the craft slowly rose into the air. Pivoting on a dime, Dech then activated the main thrusters, and the small craft shot out of the hangar, narrowly missing a small shuttle, the pilot of which glared angrily at the hotdog in the white fighter.

Zipping through the tunnel to the outside of the Rock, the Arrow dodged around various slower ships. Emerging from the station, Dech opened the throttles fully, and the ship became a white blur, jinking in and out of space traffic. Inside, Dech was grinning.

------------------

thegreenfile@gmail.com

Originally posted by JaceySquires:
**OOC: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on! I have to clarify some things...
1. I know there is such a thing called "life," and that most adults have things to DO, therefore they cannot spend their time posting on a webboard. So I hope I didn't offend you by my earlier statement.
2. Contrary to the earlier impressions of him, Jacey is not a child, young teen, or adolescent. He is an 18 year-old young male, and though I've used the word "kid" to describe him, he's probably better described as a "rookie." Realize this: a "kid" doesn't end up on the Rock for no reason. Though he appeared helpless in his earlier stages of development, Jacey is like most of the other characters on this board - big things are in store for him.
3. Try posting on a full night's sleep. Your eyes may be too tired to read my posts carefully, but I tried to express earlier that the voice in Jacey's head is concerned with other matters at this time in the plot and therefore will not be interrupting Jacey's normal thought processes. Please do not use this second voice until I've revealed its source.
4. Finally, though he may appear to be a "rookie," Jacey isn't a noob. He recognizes powerful ships when he sees them, and he isn't stupid enough to underestimate a foreign ship.

And as a general rule from now on:
With regards to the traits of confidence, intelligence, and power, the strengths of Jacey's "alter-ego" have begun to rub off on him. That and his recent experiences are helping Jacey mature faster than one might realize.

With that said... here goes...

OOC: Okay, seems like we need to clear a few things up. First of all if I seem at all condescending I dont mean to be. I was just explaining what happens when I dont post alot, and how fond I was of writing here. And of course no offence taken from your prior statement.
Just because Page calls Jacey "Kid" or i reffer to him as kid its ecause he's younger than Page. Page is only about 24 years old, but he's an old cat, he's seen many things and there's way more to him than meets the eye. Of course that will all be revealed in time.
I do post on a full nights sleep, and read every post carefully. I remember Jacey's alter ego interacting with other people, so i thought it would be interesting to explore your character in all aspects. One of the first things to do when writing in this sort of thing is to learn how to interact with other charactors. Since I've been doing it for so long I must have gone a little too far, and I apologise.
Also Page's ship in its current state (or mode) cannot defeat a Lazira, It may look cool and be technalogicly advanced, but Page is and always will be overconfident. Of course that doesnt mean Page wont win the duel, he always has some tricks up his sleeve.
I also think it would be fair to give some information on Page so you can understand him better.
He Isnt from the Override universe, infact he's from the Universe of another Ambrosia Game, EV Nova.
Page is Vell-os by birth and could easily be considered a T0. That's why you'll keep hearing me mention weaves and his mind.
Page himself is headstrong and overconfident. But here where his power is unmatched (or hasnt been as of yet) he's very laid back. He drinks smokes and curses to much, and is too friendly to be real.
I'm glad to be posting on a board where everyone interacts with eachothers characters. And I've got Plans for the fight. If you want to know Page's whole story email me, and I'll link you to his origin (IE his first post) and write up an abridged history of him and things he may be involved in.

As far as the duel goes ill write it tonight.

------------------

(OOC) For those who didn't read the Albatross, here's some info about Ta-vora.
He's a Ka-nuth and comes from a parallel universe, to be more exact, from the Dark Swarm universe. Dark Swarm is a Nova TC currently in development. His race of origin is Karee, though he doesn't look like a Karee. That will be explained later during the story. He became a member of the Ka-nuth, who fight to keep the powers in the galaxy balanced. Ta-vora came into this universe because he's searching for another Ka-nuth named Ki-jara. She entered this universe by accident and was captured by the Voinians.
Ta-vora's ship, the Azula, is a Karee prototype of the Aschee Nephilaan-class Ghostship - the first Karee ship equipped with a cloaking device. It contains a lot of Ka-nuth matrix technology. Matrixes are crystals that channel psionic energies. They can be used for regeneration, focus and for trapping people. Ta-vora himself wears a small blue matrix as an amulett to enforce his powers, which are too weak for use otherwise. With the help of these crystals, however, he can demostrate impressive abilities, especially now that his matrix has reached the 6th layer, which almost doubled his strength.
A psionically able being can't bear the look of a coded matrix (a matrix worn by someone) and touching it can prove to be fatal. To whom depends on who possesses the stronger psi powers. BTW, a coded matrix is blue and glows the stronger the deeper it is coded. Neutral matrixes, as used in regenerationa and meditation chambers are white and matrix traps are red. There are also yellow matrixes, used as energy sources for the Azula and other matrixes which are considered nothing but rumors.(/OOC)

Ta-vora looks after Page, Jacey and the Pirate as they walk away.
“A waste of money and a waste of time ” he mumbles.
“Why a waste of money?” Larra asks.
“You know as well as I do that they won't stand a chance against Page. I don't know how strong his ship is, but he seems to be the type of character who simply refuses to loose.”
“Anyway, I gotta see this.”
With that she heads off to her ship, Kamikaze, to watch the upcoming duell.
Ta-vora, however, heads back into the Azula.

Minutes later, when Larra hurtles her Kamikaze through the system, she notices a strange, apparition of colorful, shimmering light, jumping from asteroid to asteroid.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 07-12-2004).)

OOC: I'm going to jump on the bandwagon, too...

Dech's a normal human pirate, from the EVO universe, although from a system and planet that don't actually exist in the game. He's about 30, nobody's entirely sure, even him. He's seen stuff from other universes before, so all these psyonic, psychic, telepath types don't really phase him. He's a pretty straight up guy, considering his checkered past, which I will be delving into soon. And by soon I mean when my lazy self gets around to it.

------------------

thegreenfile@gmail.com

And he calls all women “M'lady”. 😄

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.