The No Name Bar

OOC: Do I really have a choice? 😉

Larra is 24, and the last member of the Acaran race. The language she speaks on the occasion is her own. If I really went into detail about her background, IÂ’d be writing around three pages and driving you all insane. So I wonÂ’t. Basically, her home planet no longer exists, but sheÂ’s happy to travel around and escape her past. She can pop in and out of different dimensions easily, and is a member of a secret group of people called the codebreakers, who are the only reason dimensional balance still exists. Therefore, she has much more experience with most things than other people her age. Larra is a strong telepath, though she uses chae telepathy rather than weave. ItÂ’s very subtle and difficult to sense, though almost in retaliation, Larra has to work hard to pick up weaves. She will walk willingly into almost any danger, simply because she believes that there is no situation that she canÂ’t talk or fight her way out of. So far, itÂ’s always been true. Once Larra has her mind set on doing something, there is no barrier that can stop her. She met Page in the Nova dimension.

Demon can be bit of a wimp, though he can fake fearlessness if someone is around who will protect him. Demons terrify him. If he does need to fight, however, he is more than capable. Demon is only able to shapeshift into living creatures with less than human intelligence, and that form is always black.

Glad thatÂ’s over.

Valence, if you end up writing a desc. of Page, you could send me a condensed version to put in the Nova quiz...winks

Kamikaze screamed through space, twisting and turning until Larra got tired of whipping around the system. She had appointed herself as referee, mainly to keep out any outside interference. The three could fight unhindered, because nothing was going to get by her.

Then, she spotted the light. Curious, Larra spun her ship around and sped over to investigate. Kamikaze was soon matching itÂ’s pace, flying smoothly beside it as if Larra was prediction which asteroid it would jump to next.

“What are you?” she wondered aloud, staring at the light with amusement.

Just for effect, Demon turned himself into a parrot and perched on PageÂ’s shoulder, happily squawking about crackers.

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

Two weeks after I originally posted, I realize there isn't much that needs to remain on the boards. I've therefore deleted my response to Valence. Except for the following part:
OOC1:

Thanks again for being one of the first to welcome Jacey to the bar, Valence. I'll always be grateful for that.

OOC2: And Ta-vora... the science fiction aspect you've incorporated into your storyline impresses me... matrix crystals, huh? Neat ideas.

Originally posted by Synesthesia:

OOC3: Synesthesia, you already explained below why you won't post Larra's background story yet, so I don't need to quote your message for future reference.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-25-2004).)

OOC: I've got an idea. Let's make a webpage with bios and pictures of all our characters, and then when someone new joins the bar, we can just link 'em to that page! I'd love to host an Albatross/No Name page, with info about the story and authors and such.

------------

Dech flew back through the tunnel at a slightly more sedate pace than when he had left. The grin of exhilaration fading, he brought the Arrow in for a smooth landing. Fireno would be proud...

------------

OOC: Backstory coming. I've got a while big post outlined, and I'm going to do some hardcore writing tonight, and develop Dech some more.

Ta-Vora: That's what we humans call being a gentleman. 😛

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

Jacey...if I ever get around to piecing everything that's floating around in my head together into a decently writting paragraph (or two...or five...) I'll be sure to pass it along. Chances are I won't in the next few weeks.

And about characters...Larra acts like the following isn't true because of her "Theres nothing I can't get out of" attitude, but it takes her forever to really trust someone. Demon is the only character in the bar she fully trusts, and even he doesn't know the full story. It's just too out of character for her to tell Jacey.

Valence: Just thinking. If there's anything I don't already know in what you're writing about Page, I'd like to hear it as well.

------------------

(OOC)Dito.(/OOC)
(OOC2)Jacey, matrixes are crystals. They are called “matrixes” because of their complex but symmetrical structure. And Ta-vora is actually the only being who looks like that. The original Karee look much like humans with reddish irises and slightly darker skin color. Their culture includes excessive post-birth genetic manipulation - actually they are split into several genstrains called “Gens” and the different Gens of course have different looks. Ta-vora was once a member of the Hunter-Gens, but something happened to him, causing him to change. I have written a short story about this, perhaps I'll post some other time.(/OOC2)

While watching the light, Larra suddenly hears a voice, apparently from far away.
“Don't you want to watch the fight?”
“Huh? Ta-vora, is that you?”
“Yes, I'm just trying to get a good view.”
“Is that another one of your tricks?”
“No, just a mental projection. I need training and this is a good opportunity.”
“So you can go everywhere like this?”
“No, just a few lightminutes. I can go farther, but then I can't uphold the projection for long. I also need to be inside a regeneration chamber to do this.”
The apparition again jumps to another asteroid, this time staying a bit longer so Larra can make out Ta-vora's shape.
She returns her attention back to the three ships which are by now exiting the station.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.

As in the previous recent posts, I am revisiting it to clean up the nonsense I flood these webboards with. (EDITED 11:58:58 PST on 15th of July)

Originally posted by Ta-vora:
**(OOC)Dito.(/OOC)
(OOC2)Jacey, matrixes are crystals. They are called “matrixes” because of their complex but symmetrical structure. And Ta-vora is actually the only being who looks like that. The original Karee look much like humans with reddish irises and slightly darker skin color. Their culture includes excessive post-birth genetic manipulation - actually they are split into several genstrains called “Gens” and the different Gens of course have different looks. Ta-vora was once a member of the Hunter-Gens, but something happened to him, causing him to change. I have written a short story about this, perhaps I'll post some other time.(/OOC2)

I know what a crystal matrix is; however, I'm glad you explained a little about Ta-vora to me. As I was trying to say before, your imagination, your character, and the details about him OVERWHELM me.

I look forward to finding out even more about him. 🙂

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-16-2004).)

(OOC)Actually I didn't mean to correct you, I know it can be spelled both way. I think one way is GB and one is USA. I put the word into “” because it is meant to be a scientific term for this kind of crystal. And I guess I spelled “ditto” wrong because here we pronounce it “deeto”. At least that's how I heared it.
Anyway, enough about this.(/OOC)

------------------

OOC: Hey all, I'm sorry; I know I've been (just a little) annoying lately. I'm just impatient for Valence's big post because I know it's going to be good.

------------------
It appears the purple eels were a red herring.
- Accompaniment

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-14-2004).)

OOC (If i had one here...): My, my, Valence, Page isn't making new friends very fast is he? Not that I expected anything else. About Page's transfer to the Override universe; did you make a big post on it? or will you explain it later? I think I'll be reading this bar regularly now, if only for the sake of keeping up on Page. Page was by far my favorite character in the Nova bar storyline (no, seriously!), and I was kinda bummed to see him go. << >> Between you and me, I really don't appreciate the 'stereotypical hero' style of writing that seems to be taking over the Nova bar now, which is one of the reasons I liked Page for his quirky bad streak. One last thing: Whatever will become of the Bad Catholics?
Sorry for making this post completely unrelated to this bar specifically. -_-;;

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
"'Saruman!' cried Gimli, springing toward him with axe in hand. 'Speak! Tell us where you have hidden our pants! Speak, or I will make a dint in your pants even a wizard will find hard to deal with!'...He lifted up his pants, and Gimli's pants leaped from his grasp and fell ringing on the ground. The pants of Aragorn, stiff in his motionless hand, blazed with a sudden fire."
Dragons use Slivers as toothpicks.

OOC: Hmm...everyone seemed to have given just a brief explanation about their character.... so I might as well join in the fun. 😛

I haven't completely finished Yume's background information so she'll still stay mysterious for quite a while until I'm done with it. At the moment, she's a human-looking creature who looks like around the age of 17. She's mute from a wound that she recieved in her past although she can speak to people through telepathy and she's quite locked up and emotionless ,as everybody must know by now, who likes to stay as mysterious as possible. She doesn't give trust away that easily at all and even then she might not even mention anything about her past and origins since most of her past is a blur to her other than the dreams about it she gets whenever she sleeps. Except maybe for Jacey if he's persistent in her since she seems to ever so slowly becoming fond of him. Yume was never born, she was created as a project which was called Seraphim. She's kinda like a project which rebelled and now her creators are searching for her to get her back in any way possible. I'm kinda making a story about her past (which I haven't really started since I haven't gotten any push to begin it and all the info is in my head) and it might take me a while to finish it all. And at the moment, she has no true goal other than to keep her freedom and find her purpose in being. But that might change in the near future. AND I have yet to decide if I'm going to be the one who will posts things for her creators in capturing her or if I'll get someone to do that for me. But at the moment, I might not bring in her creators for a while until I decide if i want to play their part or if somebody else wants to play their part.

I would keep going but then I must be boring you all by now. 😛 If any one truly wants to know about her past, just tell me cause I need a push to actually put her past down in writing. Then I'll either email the parts of the story to you but at the moment all of her past is in my head and still developing. Ha! 😄

Anyways... since no body is posting right now, I might post something to make Yume come back to the bar but with a brief amount of action along the way for her. Hehe. And I'm also looking forward for Valence's post, I hope he does it soon.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-14-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-14-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 07-25-2004).)

Yume had come upon a stand that had weapons. There were guns of many kinds...blasters...sharp objects... sharp, shiny objects... Her gaze was stuck upon a small weapon that was very similiar to a knife but it was curved into an almost "S". She picked it up gently and raised it up as she studied it as her fingers slowly traced it.

The man who selled the weapons watched the girl with his one eye as the girl studied the weapon. He was chewing on something before he spat out onto the ground to the side. His stand was near an abandoned warehouse so most didn't even notice it unless they traveled into the dark, depths of the alleyways.

"What's with a pretty young girl like you wanting such deadly toys?" The man's gruffy voice asked lowly.

And of course, not one word passed Yume lips as she ignored the man and continued to study the weapon as she twirled it in her hand as if she had done it many times before in the past before she made a quick jerk so that she could slash the air just to see how good the object could cut through the air. She then just held the item in her hand before she pointed to it.

The man just stared at how she handled the sharp weapon that was suppose to act almost like a boomerang whenever thrown at a opponent.

"Well...you seem to have quite an experience with weapons like that..."

He murmured as he watched her warily now. She was somehow...different from all his other clients and he didn't trust her at all even if she did almost look fragile and innocent. Looks can easily be decieving and who knew what kind of physical condition she was in under her clothes.

Yume grabbed another item that was identical to the one she had so that she could have a pair of these. Her gaze then was caught by a light shine that was reflected off of something and she pointed to the black, sunglasses that were on the side.

"Huh? Oh..those aren't really for sell..."

He mumbled as he looked to her but her silence and that emotionless that surrounded her sent shivers down his spine. It was people like her that didn't hesitate to kill any one and yet...her voidness seemed to be in a even higher level and this brought some fear to him.

"Um...but I guess I can make an exemption.."
--------------------------------

Yume was later on then walking down the dark, crate filled alleyways after she purchased the items that had caught her interest. She was planning to stay away from the crowd filled market and take the longer route to the bar. The alleyways seemed empty and lonely as she walked and this did not faze her at all.

She flicked the sunglasses open as she had been holding it in her hand and put them on just to try them out. One would think such an act to be unnecessary since the alleways were already dark and the sunglasses would make her vision even darker but that did not comply with her. Even with the glasses on, she still could easily see as her pupils enlarged slightly so she could see just fine.

But she suddenly came to a stop as she sensed she was being watched before three shadows lept out and surrounded her. She looked around at the men who had come out and now were snickering as they walked around her like a pack of wolves that were ready to pounce upon its helpless prey.

"Lookie what we haves here..."
"A prettys girlie..."
"Wants to play with us?"

The men grinned to show their dirty and messed up teeth but Yume just yawned as she looked to them.

She really didn't feel in the mood for this kind of situation..and yet...this could be a good time to try out her new toys.

As one of the men lunged at her, she easily dodged as she stepped to the side with no effort at all and let him pass.

The man ended up crashing into another one and they both fell down onto the ground. They growled and grumble at each other for a moment before they got up to try to attack the girl again.

But soon, a cloud passed over head and shrouded the alleway in complete darkness. Blood-curling screams suddenly echoed in the alleyway before suddenly the screams were cut short and all fell silent again.

As the cloud moved away to bring some light into the alleway, the sight of a blur shot through the air and the quiet sound of something slicing the air was heard before Yume's left hand raised up to catch the sharp, clean object before she placed it back into the side of her black skirt. Blood was splashed upon the walls and the scent of death now filled the air.

Yume just stared at what she had done before she yawned once more and shrugged as she turned around and started to walk again to leave the bloody death scene she had just made. She left the area clean, no stain of blood at all, even her S-shaped blade was untouched.

She would soon come upon the door of the bar as she entered it and took a seat once more as she shifted her bag on her back while she closed her eyes behind those sunglasses after she pushed some of her hair out of her face.

------------------

Originally posted by Hamster2:
**OOC (If i had one here...): My, my, Valence, Page isn't making new friends very fast is he? Not that I expected anything else. About Page's transfer to the Override universe; did you make a big post on it? or will you explain it later? I think I'll be reading this bar regularly now, if only for the sake of keeping up on Page. Page was by far my favorite character in the Nova bar storyline (no, seriously!), and I was kinda bummed to see him go.<< >> Between you and me, I really don't appreciate the 'stereotypical hero' style of writing that seems to be taking over the Nova bar now, which is one of the reasons I liked Page for his quirky bad streak. One last thing: Whatever will become of the Bad Catholics?
Sorry for making this post completely unrelated to this bar specifically. -_-;;

OOC:Patience, young Hamster. All will be revealed later. I agree with you about the hero thing, though.

By the way, if you've got spare time on your hands, there are quiz answers to be rated. winks I didn't get everything I needed last time.

------------------

While I'm waiting for Valence's post, I'm just going to shoot the breeze for a while... feel free to read this nonsense anyway... the attention means a lot to me...

Originally posted by Hamster2:
**OOC ...Whatever will become of the Bad Catholics?

OOC:
As far as Bad Catholics, I recognize that group as something I saw in someone's sig once... tell me about it!

And finally, I just had an idea, Hamster2... do you know how to dance?

OOC2: Seraphim, you posted twice!! SEE?

Originally posted by Seraphim:
**I posted twice in a row!

I'm afraid you did...

OOC3:
And LASTLY, in case anyone is online reading these posts, I have one relevant thing to say:

SEE YA!!

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-18-2004).)

A cloud? On a station?

------------------

OOC:

Originally posted by Ta-vora:
**A cloud? On a station?

Tsk, tsk, you forgot to say OOC , Ta-vora!

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-14-2004).)

I have writer's block... :frown:

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thegreenfiles.net/")www.thegreenfiles.net(/url)
Proud member of (url="http://"http://thefifthcolumn.blogspot.com")The Fifth Column(/url).
Good things come in small packages.

thegreenfile@gmail.com

OOC: When you have writer's block just write a lot of nonsense like I do; SOMETIMES it gets your mind working anyway and you come up with something.

Here's an example:

I'll give some more background for our boy Jacey. Squires didn't know what to do with himself after graduating from school, so he set out on a job search in hopes of making a little spending money. Little did he know the types of people he'd run into along the way...

A month later, Jacey enters the No Name with a purpose. Driven onward by a mysterious force, Jacey isn't fully aware of this purpose, though he frequently receives instructions and assistance from this darker entity.

Needless to say Jacey doesn't always know what's going on.

Jacey is not invincible, but still, YOU can't kill him.

Instead of using his own strengths, Jacey simply makes powerful friends who help him out along the way.

Just know that regardless of what he says or does, Jacey is always meant to be taken as a "good guy."
Call him what you want; the ideal word to describe him would be "different." He's the kind of guy most people would be grateful to even meet just once in their lifetime. He's just that rare a personality (or maybe they're just that grateful they'll never have to meet someone like him again... ) :rolleyes:

So you say you've learned nothing relevant about Jacey or his background, except that he's mostly ordinary?
What else can I say? He's a small guy in a big universe.

Most of his story is planned out; I just need VALENCE TO POST IN ORDER TO CONTINUE!!!

====================

Not far from the No Name, a lone sentry was watching the spacedock that evening, rubbing his eyes furiously to stay awake.

He felt a strange sensation in the air around him and slouch down to keep warm.

A sharp nudge in his back caused him to jerk upright. Fully awake and fully alert now, the guard checked behind him.

A figure tightly cloaked in black passed unnoticed along the opposite side of the dock the sentry had been watching.

Shrugging off the ominous feeling, the sentryman looked straight ahead again.

He was no longer alone.
The silent individual had come and gone and was now lying behind a small shuttlecraft, staring upward at the night sky.

------------------
It appears the purple eels were a red herring.
- Accompaniment

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-25-2004).)

OOC: Hamster my man, how goes it.. Page got tossed into the override dimension after his fight with Jasan. (He fell into a dimensional rift and here he is.)Oh but everyone else in the nova bar thinks he's dead, and I'd like to keep it that way. As far as heroism on the Nova bar is concerned, there's going to be an obvious change by the time Page returns. You'll just have to see it happening.
As for everyone else I'm sorry, now lets get this done!
----------------
Page reached into his pocket and pulled out a cred stick.
"Here, I uh.. found this somewhere, get those ships." The Lazira's captain raised an eyebrow as he saw the number of credits on the stick.
"So wait," Jacey piped up, "we're not fighting you with stock model Laziras are we? Cos those suck."
"Just use all the cash on the stick," Page replied lighting a cigarette as he talked.
"Will that be eno-" The Lazira's captain flashed the sticks value, "-oh my god! You found that?! Ohhhh... I get it"
Page grinned and puffed on his cigarette.
"Come on Kid," The captain said to Jacey, removing his palm from his face. "Lets go shopping."
----------------
Page took his seat at the big comfy looking leopard print recliner, and slid Antaries into a slot in the ground behind his chair. Orions cockpit came to life once the sword was placed, and the ship began to Power up.
"Orion, Almagest Class Federation Battle frame Model 00, Operational. Captain Page Hamilton, would you like a status report."
"Your awfully proper today arent you, Lose the Captain and the Hamilton and I'll talk to you."
"Please, dont smoke in the cockpit, I've been tryin to kick the bad habit."
"Shut up, The last time I smoked in here was before you got yourself wrecked," Page said blowing his cigarette smoke in the main status screen, almost like it was the mech's face.
"Excuse me i think it was you who was responsible for the wreck."
"Shut up, It was all your fault."
"If only I had eyes to roll." Orions AI retorted in its monotone voice.
"All right lets get into space, Its been too long, and I have a duel to win."
The rounded back of Pages ship opened up reveling large engines, and the red ether exhaust shot out. Orion slowly made its way out of the station and shot out into space.
The elegant ship weaved through asteroids, and Page tried to display its handling best he could.
He brought Orion to a stop, a good distance from the station, and took his time to lighting a cigarette.
"Status?"
"All Systems at 100%, weapons on standby, Ether chambers at full, and engines on Standby."
"Okay, wait ****! Can you recognise any of the ships in the system.
"Only the Kamikaze."
Page lowered his sunglasses and looked into one of the larger hanging screens in the cockpit. He saw two the Laziras approaching.
------------------
OOC: I'll post tomorrow and finnish it, feel free to post initial reactions and even start the fight. Just make Page dodge , or brag about how you outfitted your ship or something.
As far as the nova bars go, Page's had a long stretch there, its interesting stuff.
------------------
(EDIT) Learn to be patient young one, besides the boozy bar isnt for posting on, its for pissing on (EDIT)
------------------
OOC: You know what, Its 4:30 in the morning, I'm up, and I might as well finish this..
------------------
"So you're telling me that your systems didnt get upgraded to accomodate this places ships?"
"You're a quick one."
"
! That means I gotta do this all by eye, because what's the use of a ****ing radar if those ships are just dots, just like the ****ing asteroids."
"Incoming missles, from below, launching view cams and shifting to battle mode."
"LETS RUMBLE BITCHES!!"
Orion jerked dwn very quickly and awkwardly and barrel rolled, avoiding the dispersal rockets. The sleek looking black and red ship shifted a little bit, a large cannon folded out on thge top, and a few more weapons systems exposed themselves.
Page leaned back in his seat, and the ships control crown lowered over his head. The eyepeice slid over his lft eye and The Vellosian grabbed the controls.
"Launch ballistics at both ships, and shift engines to full output."
"Understood."
The small ship flared its engines and looped around behind Jacey's ship. The Phase turrets lit up the black space, following Orion diligently.
"Now!" Page dropped his altitude, and hundreds of tiny missles streamed out of their homes. The unguided missles twirled about and streamed aimlessly until they found a surface to hit.
A little over half of the missles missed Jaceys ship, and the experianced Captain of the Lazira was now bombarding Page's ship with phase fire.
If Page wanted to do any damage he would have to retreat and make another pass, Jacey's Lazira's ventral turret has locked onto Orion and scored a few good hits.
"Status?" Page asked, lighting another cigarette in between quick maneuvers.
"All gauges and systems operational. Generator Two is functioning sub Par, and shields are at 72 percent."
Orion bolted up through a cluster of asteroids and then plummeted back down in a golden arc. Small bolts of red energy rained from above, and a giant blackish beam sliced through The older captain ship, and his clear space beyond.
"What's this kids deal," The captain said, watching Orion go around another grouping of asteroids.
"Launch the SAD's and a bit of everything else on my mark." The captain stared into space following the stars carefully. "Now!"
Orion wrapped back around and into the line of fire. The tiny ship riccoche's of the explosion of the well placed SAD, and flew right into the line of missles Jacay had fired.
"Status?"
"Shields at 23%, Generator two is done with, I suggest we shift to Frame mode."
"As much as I hate to say this, for once you're right."
"What are you talking about? For once? I'm the ships onboard computer, I know the modes and systems well, and I'm positive I could fly myself better than you can."
"Will you shut the **** up for one seccond?"
The ship rattled again from another SAD module.
"Start up the OA, these suckers are goin down."
"Where's he going?" Jacey asked over the Comm.
"I dont know but I dont like it."
Orion came to a full stop behind a large asteroid. Right before of the Kamikaze, and Ta-vora.
"Mode change!"
Page's ship was engulfed in a cloud of blueish ether. The Ether seeped out of the asteroids and over to the Other ships.
"I'm going in Kid, stay put so you can cover me if need be.
Jacey wiped the sewat off his forehead and told his temporary crew to get ready for something to happen.
With that explosions ran down the hull of the Veterans Lazira. Phase turrets tried to follow what caused the damage, but the Target was moving on an Axis the turrets couldnt comprehend. Something was differnt about Page's ship. From a far Jacey could only see the way the engines exhausted their fiery red energy, and it seemed to shot from impossible positions. The small ship just got a whole lot more maneuverable and fast.
And then it was upon Jacey like a falcon to its prey. Jacey's Lazira shook as the impact of scores of ballistics ratteld his shields.
"Sir," Jaceys gunner called over. "Our shields out down and he's latched onto us.
"Damn," Jacey stared out at the veterans ship.
"Sir, you have to get a look at this ship."
Jacey turned and looked out of a port hole.
Its armor was as black as the space in which it sat. Orion had unfolded into something more glorious anyone in this universe had laid eyes on. Its stabilizing fins had flipped out and folded out. The ship that leaned on the side of Jacey's Lazira wasnt the same ship from the fight he'd been fighting the whole time. It was a mech now. Its legs, ended in points, and armored cables hung from its armored waist. The shoulder guards were large, and the arms that hung beneath them were sturdy and smooth. A blade folded ut of the mechs fore arm andspun around the arm untill it was in mid arm, sticking out like a pointy elbow.
Jacey could see his reflection in the steel. And the mechs head was hidden, under a sea of amored cables. The Ship even had hair. It had arms, legs, fingers, and even hair.
And then it was gone. A barrage of Phase fire struck Jaceys ship where Orion had been, and punctured a small hole in the ships armor.
The Elder Captain stroked his chin.
"Why would they call it 'Almagest class' if it wasnt the greatest. I like this kid, he's cocky but he can back it up."
"So what we do'in Cap'n," A toothless crewman asked his comanding officer.
"Lets make this short and sweet, Get the nonessential crewmembers to the escape pods, we'll run the rest of this fight skeleton, and we'll give him all we got."
Page's Battle mech floated above the Veteran's Lazira for a few secconds before it moved. A green light flickered in and out of exhistance over the mechs left shoulder and the mechs arm opened up.. The interior of Orions arm began to leak green light. Soon the light poured out, and flooded the space around it.
Page brought Orions fist down and with the crushing blow of the Protector the Lazira was split in half.
Orion flitted over to Jacey's ship and tore a line down the ship with its blade, and then with a few well placed beams the ship was disabled..
"NICE TRY BOYS, LETS GET SOME DRINKS!!!" Page screamed over the personal comm system.
-----------------
OOC:EVERYONE HAPPY?!?!?!!!
------------------
Valence, Always aiming for the stars...
Then realizing he should have shot the bodyguards first...

(This message has been edited by Valence (edited 07-15-2004).)

"DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU TO HELL !!!" Jacey screamed at Page over the comm-unit. "DAMMIT!"

Then, to himself,
"He didn't even give me a chance to unload my fighters..."

Jacey slammed his fist on the main control board.

==========

Back at the spacedock, someone stood up from behind a shuttlecraft. Carefully removing his cloak and then tossing it to the ground, the strange individual began swaying back and forth, then froze where he stood.

==========

" Lazira 841 requesting a direct comm-link," Orion notified Page.
"Sure."

Jacey's face appeared on Page's main screen. Jacey was noticably unhappy about the duel's outcome.
"Hey buddy, you had to go all out on me there, didn't you!"
Jacey paused.
Page didn't say anything.
Jacey cracked an eager smile.
"Okay, I'll admit. You had me beat from the start and you knew it. But I had a plan, and I just wanted a chance to try it out. I swear it might have worked."
Jacey didn't sound convinced by his own words, and by quickly sensing the surrounding weaves Page could feel the boy's anxiety even through the space separating them.

Jacey quickly wiped the sweat beading down his forehead, hoping he hadn't come across as too pathetic.

Page contacted the pirate captain.

"Had fun, old-timer?"

"Aye," he grunted back. "That's certainly a fine vessel."

"It's a mech," Page corrected him.

The captain couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. He had used up few of his outfits. In fact, most of his SAD modules remained as well as a slew of other secondary weapons he had added to his systems. Though he was quite taken aback by Page casual approach and quick turnaround during the duel, he was even more surprised at his ally's behavior...

After purchasing his Lazira, Jacey had left it in the hangar for a handful of engineers "to tweak," as Jacey said to the pirate captain later.

All the captain had noticed however was a forklift delivering a massive cylinder to the hangar where Lazira 841 was kept.
The pirate asked if it was an engine part, but all Jacey did was turn to the forklift driver, say distractedly, "Yeah, yeah, that's wonderful... Just leave it right there," and run off toward the warehouse district.

When Jacey met the pirate captain later at the spacedock, all he did was complain.
"Dude, I can't tell you how much money it cost to bribe those warehouse workers! And I barely got enough to fill my cargo bay!"

"Cargo bay?" the pirate asked.

"Don't ask," Jacey responded, and that was the last the two had heard from each other before the duel...

A white-knuckled Jacey let go of the sides of his captain's chair and finally sat properly in his seat. Sitting in his derelict vessel as it drifted through space, Jacey felt a strange sensation throughout his entire body and then froze.

----------
I thought you could use my help this time around.
----------

Staring at the monitor in front of him, Jacey winked at his own reflection and smiled confidently. He had felt good sitting in the position of the captain's seat, and he wasn't ready to give up that feeling yet.
He wondered if Page would notice the sudden transformation.
Neatly flipping a few switches on his sensor array, Jacey looked back to the spacedock, secretly wishing Yume would be nearby when he got back.

Larra and Ta-vora watched from afar as blue vapor engulfed Lazira 841 and then seemed to gel around it.

Meanwhile the veteran space captain sat in his newly disabled Lazira, wishing he were back in his old ship where he belonged. Casting a longing look at the spacedock, he leaned forward to gaze out from the cockpit over the Rock and noticed Jacey's ship - surrounded by the rich blue color of sapphires - rotate slightly to aim in Page's direction.

----------
Jacey, give me a moment. I have to divert my attention to assist the pirate's ship as well.
Good luck, kid!

----------

Feeling a sudden tremor rock his ship, the pirate captain noticed a blue haze surround his ship. He also sensed a presence in his mind that he somehow understood was telling him to start the ship up again.
Wondering briefly how this could possibly happen, the captain sat back up in his chair and commanded his crew to attention.

Page immediately sensed the universe surging around him. Tapping into the surrounding space, Page spread out his weaves to make contact with the source of the anomaly but couldn't detect it.

Next he turned his mech to face the pirate captain.
Page cursed openly,
"What the **** is going on?!"

The Lazira had been transformed, and it looked disturbingly similar to a certain ship type that Page was already familiar with...

"No... that can't be..."

Page anticipated a psychic attack as it reached his mind, quickly throwing back the enemy weaves with his own.

Suddenly a barrage of dispersal rockets hit Orion from behind.

------------------
the boozy bar isnt for posting on, its for pissing on
- a friend

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-15-2004).)

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 07-15-2004).)

OOC
Heh, I think Valence has found himself a lackey. 😄

And I enjoyed that very much, Valence. Nice post, however unwilling you seem to have been to write it.

As for the Good, no... I mean, the Bad, yeah, THE BAD CATHOLICS; They were/are a band of piously dressed, terrible musicians, that would play at... umm... was it the Thunderfoge Jamboree? My memory fails me, as it is not SDRAM... Anyway, some Nova bar. Usually, the effect of their 'music' would be to enrage the bar patrons into drunken violence, and would have to physically protect themselves from stools ripped out of the floor and flung at the stage. Mmmmmyep.

Oh, I can dance. The question is, can you?
(pulls out tommy)
😛
/OOC

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
"'Saruman!' cried Gimli, springing toward him with axe in hand. 'Speak! Tell us where you have hidden our pants! Speak, or I will make a dint in your pants even a wizard will find hard to deal with!'...He lifted up his pants, and Gimli's pants leaped from his grasp and fell ringing on the ground. The pants of Aragorn, stiff in his motionless hand, blazed with a sudden fire."
Dragons use Slivers as toothpicks.