Reign of Chaos 2 - Chapter II

-From Galactica Command-
-To Azdgari Command-
The location of the Qan ships is being sent to you. The l'ase are currently leading them towards the Prylak.
-Message Ends-
--------
The new style missle launcher is completed, and is being constructed along with thousands of missle pods for use when the new Cruiser is ready.

The Multi-Dynamic shields are being upgraded, with newer components, and better layer-switching software. The layers are being far more closely compacted than previously, allowing each layer to leech the regeneration capability of another layer. Each layer also has an overcharge option, allowing a layer to be regenerated to full strength within seconds, but damaging the overall regeneration capability.

------------------

Okay, considering that there are serious problems with Reign of Chaos 2 right now - locations, players, technologies and such, I think we need a bit of a break for a while.

The Qan location is unknown, and we sort of need to know the systems that I'ase ships, and others, are actually in, or it eliminates a lot of things like distance travelling and defences in the systems they pass.

Okay, so....

Reign of Chaos 2 is closed from IC (in character) posts for the moment. We will open again when:

• The system specific location of all ships is known (except for those scattered around in defence and patrol, I just mean large forces)

• Everyone's technologies are posted (in short, very short) so we all know what everyone has.

• Some sort of Prylak substitute can be found, or we can arrange long term background developments to command them.

• Ditto the last point for the Azdgari. I can't hold them forever - you all know I'm struggling to post enough as it is.

Shouldn't take too long. Just please, when you post anything post your fleet's location and technologies. If you post and don't....guess what? Any technologies you don't mention mysteriously disappear! And any forces you don't mention mysteriously disappear! πŸ™‚

Oh...and don't cheat me here. I'll check up. No bringing in any doomsday weapons. πŸ˜‰

UE Status
Annihilated, government has collapsed, Paladin is still a prisoner of Galactica, taking part in very little activity. The remaining UE vessels are under Mercenary Alliance command - technologies are being used.

Dragon - UE warship the size of a Crescent Warship, almost as powerful as the Galactica Dreadnought. About 20 still remain, about 8 of which are controlled by Terran Colony.

Drake - Frigate type ship. NONE REMAINING.

Wyvern - Heavy yet fast fighter, very few left.

Proton Cannon - Allround reliable weapon, good range and firepower, no outstanding features.

Starlances- Powerful secondaries, with bad turning but good thrust, doesn't need auncher. GOOD secondary, don't underestimate it.

-any others are cleared for UE now, not required-

Terran Colony Status
About 10 Dragons, 20 Wyverns. Researching a Thunderhawk.

All ships in F-25.

Azdgari Status
Upgraded Azdgari ships and techs - phase weapons, Azdaras, Azdgari Aradas and Azdgari Warships, and resaerch into a new fighter type ship, the...something or other, was it Heavy Azdara, or not? πŸ™‚

2500 ships headings towards x location (x being where the Qan ships are), 500 in defence & patrol.

--------------------------

Please post the relevant stuff, IC posts stopped, and ask any questions or make any comments.

Thanks, and sorry.

SilverDragon

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

Galactica Status
Total fleet size is just over 15,000 ships. Not currently fighting anyone except the Prylak. Ships are very well shielded, fairly well armed, generally pretty slow. A fleet of about 10,000 ships in currently in the Tmidor system. The capital is a large station in the Galactica system, armed with an oversized Fusion Beam

Galactica Fighter- not the fastest fighter out there, but is more powerful than most in terms of weapons payload.

Galactica Frigate- A powerful ship for its size but lacking in terms of speed.

Galactica Carrier- Well shielded, but is minimally armed except for a squadron of fighters. The carrier has the space for 10 fighters, but standard compliment is just 6.
Galactica Cruiser- A powerful warship. Currently in the process of being upgraded.

Galactica Dreadnought- Well armed and shielded, carrying a small group of fighters and sporting the powerful Fusion Beam, an extremely powerful warship. Often used as command ships for fleets and as personal ships for high ranking officers.

====

Heavy Inferno Cannon- Recently upgraded, a good all-around primary weapon

Heavy Pursuit Missile- Like the pursuit missile from EVO except better targeting and a much larger warhead.

Cluster Missile- When fired, this missile begins as a large guided missile. When it nears its target it splits into many smaller unguided projectiles that accelerate rapidly and shred armor. Does little damage to shields.

Fusion Beam- A powerful beam that cuts through both shields and armor with equal effectiveness. Can only be mounted on Dreadnoughts and the new Cruisers.

Multi Dynamic Shields- Shielding system. fitted on all ships larger than a Fighter, which uses mulitple shield layers to create an extremely strong barrier around ships. The better the warship, the more layers of shields there are.

RMA can post his new techs... I must admit I haven't really been following their development.

------------------
"But sir, that's Charlie's point!"
"Charlie don't surf!"
Apocalypse Now

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 09-08-2001).)

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 09-10-2001).)

I'ase Status
Total fleet size is just under 5,000 ships, most aboard the Nedra. There is a squadron of Phantoms leading the Q'an to Dewe, passing through core Miranu space, and up through Zachit.

Nedra -- BASE ship, currently in orbit of Galactica Prime. Armed with flak turrets, NPEs, a Wormhole Generator, and an overpowered Fusion Beam.

Carrier -- Fairly well shielded and minimally armed, carries up to 15 assorted fighters, and 5 frigates. There are currently only 15 Carriers in service.

Basilisk -- Frigate-class ship, fast and armed with Flak Turrets, Neutrino Cannons and rockets.

Roc -- Heavy fighter, little slower than Azdara.

Pegasus -- Light fighter, faster than Azdara.

Phantom -- Spy fighter, permanently cloaked. Fastest known ship in any galaxy. Armed with gamma inducer and wormhole generator.

============

Flak Turret -- Spits out explosive shells at ships. Devastating on armor and good on shields.

Proton Turret -- Good primary weapon against shields.

Neutrino Cannon -- Secondary weapon. Guided blast of neutrinos, multiple launchers fire simultaneously. Slow recharge rate.

Firestorm Rocket -- Unguided blaze of fire.

Gamma Field Inducer -- Injures electronics of target. Could hit engines, weapons, etc.

Wormhole Generator -- Takes ten minutes to charge. When fired, opens wormhole that leads to a nearby system. This system does not have to be directly accessible by hyperjump.

Fusion Beam -- Powerful beam weapon. Can only be fitted to Carriers (or the Nedra), but minaturization research is in progress to fit it to the Frigate.

===========

Research on the Light Homing Rocket is currently suspended to allow work on minaturizing the Fusion Beam.

OOC: Carnotaur, pretend I asked for your Anti-Proton Cloak instead of the proton cannon.

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

(This message has been edited by Lord Asriel (edited 09-10-2001).)

Mercenary Alliance

-------

Fleet Stats:

2,800 vessels, all located inside MA space
320 Ravens, all located inside MA space
Approximately 1,000 vessels located inside the Emalghion system preparing to be sent to help fight the Prylak

-------

Technology:

Proton Weaponry - High Powered, Long Range Primary Weaponry. Moderate reload. Slightly expensive, but overral pretty small.

Anti-Proton Cloak - Average type of cloak. Can be used at hyperspace. Expensive. Only outfitted on Ravens.

All UE Technology - Currently being outfitted on all MA vessels

Multi-Adaptive Shields - Normal type of shields upgraded with a phase modulator which increases regeneration time and overral shield strength, though not much.

-------

MA Vessels:

Most Crescent vessels

Raven
Shields: 600
Armor: 300
Shield Regeneration: 90
Speed: 300
Acceleration: 700
Turning: 4
Mass: 800 tons
Length: 250 feet
Crew: 229
Weapons:
6 Heavy Proton Turrets
3 Hellbound Missile Launchers - 30 Hellbound Missiles
3 SAV Launchers - 30 Search And Vaporize Modules
1 Bladerunner Bay - 3 Bladerunner Fighters

Bladerunner Fighter
Shields: 30
Armor: 0
Shield Regeneration: 30
Speed: 500
Acceleration: 900
Turning: 6
Mass: 20 tons
Length: 22 feet
Crew: 1
Weapons:
4 Proton Cannons
1 Seeker Missile Launcher - 6 Seeker Missiles

Erada
Shields: 50
Armor: 20
Shield Regeneration: 50
Speed: 400
Acceleration: 800
Turning: 5
Mass: 60 tons
Length: 90 feet
Crew: 5
Weapons:
2 Proton Turrets
3 Proton Cannons
1 Hellbound Missile Launcher - 6 Hellbound Missiles
1 Seeker Missile Launcher - 8 Seeker Missiles

Izagra Destroyer
Shields: 350
Armor: 120
Shield Regeneration: 120
Speed: 300
Acceleration: 800
Turning: 3
Mass: 800 tons
Length: 250 feet
Crew: 229
Weapons:
4 Heavy Proton Turrets
2 Hellbound Missile Launchers - 40 Hellbound Missiles
2 Seeker Missile Launcher - 20 Seeker Missiles
1 Dispersal Rocket Launcher - 10 Dispersal Rockets

VoiΒ’Nek Class Heavy Cruiser
Shields: 200
Armor: 500
Shield Regeneration: 180
Speed: 190
Acceleration: 600
Turning: 2
Mass: 1400 tons
Length: 420 feet
Crew: 892
Weapons:
7 Proton Turrets
3 Hellbound Missile Launchers - 40 Hellbound Missiles
1 Bladerunner Bay - 4 Bladerunner Fighters
2 Turret Lance Beams

NOTE: All the weapons on these vessels I have yet to clear with Esponer, which I have been unable to due because he hasn't been on AIM recently. Just ignore the weapons for the moment.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Carnotaur, you don't have around 4000 ships, more like 2000, first of all. With buildings new, I'll allow for 2500.

Next, Asriel, those are just all new ships, are they not? Heh, I'll let you off, I guess, it doesn't matter much.

Battledoctor, the carrier couldn't hold 30 fighters, if that's what you meant. 6 would be a maximum! Same to Asriel - what on earth do you mean by 60 fighters and 20 frigates? Ouch. πŸ™‚

Next, Carno, keep the ships and techs, but remember they still aren't quite up to Galactica spec for the most part. Also, all cloaks need a weakness, can't remember any of those any more.

Okay, we seem to be specifying actual ship types here more than before, when they didn't come into it. Thanks for this, come to think of it, because it'll make things easier.

Similarly, I'll work on custom ships for the Azdgari like Carno did for the MA, and get everything up somewhere...

SilverDragon

PS: Just need to clear up the Prylak matter, won't be too much longer.

------------------
- SilverDragon

Some of these techs are either already done, or will be done when RoC2 starts up again(for the new Cruiser).

Other new Galactica techs:
Scattering Field:Recently enhanced with Gamma Field Inducer properties for increased effectiveness.
Heavy Inferno-Proton Matrix Cannon/Turret(+Blaster):Uses a proton generation matrix to increase the damage of the normal Inferno bolt several fold. The Blaster is a more powerful version of the Cannon(not yet done)
Missle Pods:Pods which are towed by ships, which can launch a swarm of missles. 5 Pursuit missles, or 3 Cluster missles can be launched per pod.
All Purpose Missle Launchers:Outfitted on the new BattleCruiser, these launchers can fire almost any type of missle.
Improved Multi-Dynamic Shields:The updated shield layers can now recharge much faster, and be packed more tightly, allowing more layers to be generated. A new burst recharge function allows shields to be recharged even faster, but at the expense of further regeneration.
The BattleCruiser:This incorporates all the new technology advances, and is a massive improvement over previous designs. It has weaponry better than the old Cruiser, as well as more weapon mounts. Its shields are far more advanced than the Cruiser, as well as its armour using new alloys that can absorb even more damage.
--------
Forgot the pds system. Stops missles by projecting a bubble of energy into their path, which they smash into.
------------------

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 09-12-2001).)

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
Carnotaur, you don't have around 4000 ships, more like 2000, first of all. With buildings new, I'll allow for 2500.

Erm.... I never said I did. The Ravens are a part of the normal fleet stats, and I only said I had 2800. 2500 will do fine though, but I really don't see how I will be able to help everyone much in fighting the Prylak with such a small navy. Remember that I have already built a lot of shipyards, I have a lot of funds, and I've been building a lot of ships for a while.

Next, Carno, keep the ships and techs, but remember they still aren't quite up to Galactica spec for the most part.

Even more reason why I don't see how I can be of any assistence to anyone...

Also, all cloaks need a weakness, can't remember any of those any more.

Hmmmmmmm... I knew I had a weakness in there somewhere besides the cost one...

**PS: Just need to clear up the Prylak matter, won't be too much longer.

I can take charge of them.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Um...those are definitely not new ships. The Basilisk is my Frigate, the Roc is the Heavy Fighter, the Pegasus is the Light Fighter, and the Phantom you've seen before. I don't usually refer to the other ships. The Carrier was supposed to be modeled on a (modern) Navy carrier, and it should probably be unarmed. I don't need all that space now, though, so how about it holds 15 fighters and 5 Basilisks? Dedicated carriers are supposed to hold a lot of ships.

------------------
"Why should I boast? The bards will do it for me -- and with music."
--Ertai, wizard adept

Originally posted by Lord Asriel:
**Um...those are definitely not new ships. The Basilisk is my Frigate, the Roc is the Heavy Fighter, the Pegasus is the Light Fighter, and the Phantom you've seen before. I don't usually refer to the other ships. The Carrier was supposed to be modeled on a (modern) Navy carrier, and it should probably be unarmed. I don't need all that space now, though, so how about it holds 15 fighters and 5 Basilisks? Dedicated carriers are supposed to hold a lot of ships.

I gotta agree with Asriel on the carrier matter... I have amended my post but I agree that a dedicated carrier should hold a lot of ships. I think as long as Asriel doesn't have too many carriers his suggestion of 20 ships should be okay.

------------------
"Charlie don't surf!"
Apocalypse Now

(To make sure I dont miss anything, this is dirrectly from the player slots page.)

Techs:

Advanced hyperspace modules: Allow my fleet to enter hyperspace instantly, outfitted on all Qan ships.

Advanced methods of Energy Usage: Fleet's run off of a radioactive core, which powers the engines, weopons, everything. They are very well protected, so dont even think about it.

Radiation Cloak: not really a cloak at all, places a field of Energy around the ship, and protects the ship against all energy weopons, and all but the most powerful brute force attacks. standard on all ships, weopons have to be powered down, and ship has to drop cloak before entering hyperspace. Also no transmissions can go through the field.

WEAPONRY

Photon turrets and cannons(primary): Cannons fire to 90 degree arch ot the front. turrets, oh come on, you know what turrets are! High accuracy, high firing rate, Decent range, very powerful (for a primary), a few turrets can take out a fighter patrol fleet in short order.

Qan Energy Mines (secondary): only on Destroyers and warships. Similar to Miranu defense system, longer life, blast wont hurt Qan ships.Fairly powerful, one mine will take out every fighter except the hellcat, takes the hellcat down to its armor. can be controled, launched one by one or in salvos. No guidence, other than a primitive magnetic pull.

Radium Rocket (Secondary): On all ships, more important when launched from Fighters, but Destroyers and Warships have them too.

Energy Ram (special): Strong turreted beam, what else is there to say? Bright white beam of pure energy, Extremely strong. Impact can knock a fighter across the galaxy, three can knock a station out of orbit. Only on Cruisers.

SHIPS:

Pegasus Class Light Fighter: Excellent Maneuverability and decent firepower allows this fighter to win one on one with any other fighter.
3 Photon cannons
1 Radium Rocket launcher

Corsair Fighter-bomber: Heavy fighter, slower than the Pegasus, but more power, more shileds, can take on about 3 fighters, depending on the first shot.
4 Photon cannons
2 Radium Launchers

Hera Class Destroyer: Excellent shields, good maneuverability, faster than other race's ships of its size, except for the L'ase. Can take on three UE Drakes, and have its shields at 15%.
6 Photon turrets
3 mine layers
3 Radium launchers
Pegasus bay, four fighters

Zeus Class Warship: The strongest ship in RED's fleet, not the most powerful Qan ship, but close. The Zeus can take out 2 UE dragons with ease.
14 Photon turrets
5 mine launchers
1 Energy Ram
Corsair Bay, 2 fighters.

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 09-14-2001).)

Unless I'm somehow mistaken, that's everyone. May we continue now, SD?

------------------
"Charlie don't surf!"
Apocalypse Now

Ever seen a carrier in EVO with 15 fighters and 5 destroyers? Crying out loud, not even the UE coughcheatcough Dreadnought in ROTUE has that many!

But I'll let it pass.

Red, that energy ram is a little over the top. A fighter through the galaxy? Maybe across the system.

Asriel, sorry about the mix-up.

So, Carno, you take the Prylak. They are now in Dewe, and the Qan are in Achlos, chasing the I'ase just ahead.

Azdgari are moving in that direction, because the Qan apparently destroyed some of their ships. Galactica could try and bring them back with a word of order, might help.

Opened up.

I await the next post. πŸ™‚

------------------
- SilverDragon

Almost forgot:

Azdara - Upgraded a bit, but nothing else. Slightly more deadly than the earlier versions, and 6 of these really do swarm. Expect to lose warships to too many of these VERY quickly.

Adrena - Larger and more deadly than the Arada, these things take some destroying. They are armed with four phase cannons and dispys, and can do some damage to a lot of ships. Not quite on the level with a ship like a Zidara in head-to-head firepower (ignoring fighters), though.

Athena - Big scary Azdgari warship type ship, with an Azdara bay of 6 fighters and more firepower than the old Azdgari Warship. It's own firepower almost matches the previous Igazra. Not too many of these.

------------------
- SilverDragon

Admiral Lythrawn looked at the tactical map and smiled. The Prylak currenlty had 10,000 vessels in the Dewe system, and Emporer Den'Char had just given him full command of all Prylak forces in the Milky Way. This had come in the light that Haorn, another race in the Prylak galaxy, was threatening the Prylak with over 50,000 vessels. Though the Prylak had 100,000, this was still a threat. Den'Char was mobilizing the entire navy and setting up a powerful defense perimeter. Though the Haorn would probably be stopped, the Prylak would be unable to send Lythrawn any more reinforcements, so he would have to do with the ships he had.

His next target was the Galactica colony of Hizdriar. It was relatively small, not very well defended with most of the Galactica ships being off someplace else, and close to Dewe. Though it may not show the power of the Prylak much nor strike fear into the heart of their enemies, Lythrawn was concerned about that. He was just concerned about winning the war.

Lythrawn turned to his lieutenant and gave the order. "Order the fleet to get under way. We're going to attack Raigar and Nadej, and along the way destroy the Galactica patrols in Hizdriar, Raigar, and Zeldair."

The Prylak fleet was soon underway, and within moments it was hyperspacing towards the Hizdriar system. They annihilated the patrol fleets there, then destroyed the patrols in Raigar and Zeldair, going around Achlos, and then heading towards Eribi...

--------------

As the 35 remaining Galactica ships patrolled the Nadej system, Admiral Lythrawn and his Prylak armada hyperspaced in. The Galactica forces barely had time to blink before a wave of weapons fire obliterated them all.

Lythrawn then moved his massive warships into position to begin landing, when a thought struck him. "Lieutenant, order the fleet to move into position for heavy planetary bombardment. There's many ways to win a war, one is through intimidation. This should intimidate them; order the fleet to annihilate all life on Hizdriar. I don't watch one living soul alive on there."

The lieutenant nodded and broadcasted the orders to the rest of the fleet. Within seconds the Prylak had opened fire with their ultra-powerful weapons, and within a matter of hours Hizdriar was a blasted piece of hot rock.

Lythrawn then moved the Prylak fleet to the Eribi system, which was quickly taken over. Lythrawn then took 5,000 of his ships to the Dewe system. He was planning on moving all his slaves and forces from that system into Eribi. He didn't want his forces all split up if Galactica tried to counterattack.

-----------------

(Message to RMA and Battledoctor)
(Untracable)
(This is Lythrawn, grand admiral of the Prylak fleet in the milky way. You have just witnessed the first show of the truely great and full power of the Prylak; I have destroyed the colony of Nadej. What is left is a cratered, blasted piece of hot rock. I suggest you surrender, or the people of Galactica and every other alien race in this galaxy will suffer a blow so terrible it will make what happened in Nadej pale in comparison.)
(End Message)

OOC: My fleet will run into the Qan and I'ase fleets in the Achlos system while they go along to Dewe.

------------------
--------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 09-12-2001).)

Esponer, it's supposed to be "across the system" πŸ˜‰

IC:
The Qan keeps jumping through the systems, just barely behind the I'ase, and just barely followed by the Adzgari. The Qan dont know about the adzgari following them. In the Qan fleet, a young pilot makes a statement to the commander...
"Sir, dont you find it at all suspicous that the I'ase fleet is using their hyperspace engines to run from us, when they easily have enough time for their wormhole generators?"
Everyone on the Zeus looks at him like he's crazy, and bursts into laughter. After a minute, the commander is barely able to talk..IT's not suspicous at all chuckle the I'ase are using their hyperspace engines because they're I'ase! They're stupid, chaotic, inferior I'ase!" He says with a grin, as the fleet is unknowingly led toward the brute force of the Prylak, and tailed by the firepower of the Adzgari.
(Asriel, you post arriving in the Prylak system, then I will.)

------------------
All the problems we face in the United States today can be
traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of
the American Indian.
--- Pat Paulsen

Work on the improved Multi-Dynamic shields is proceding, and the layers are now compacted even more. Layers switch before they can fail, allowing them to regenerate quicker. The supercharge has proven effective, but does burn out components of the generators.

To allow a heavy hitting weapon, other than the Fusion Beam, which draws masses of power, work has started on a heavier version of the Heavy Inferno-Proton Matrix Cannon. It will be an overcharged version, and will be used to punch holes through shields when the Fusion Beam is cycling for use.
--------
Prototype BattleCruisers are now being built, since the only thing needed for completion, is the Heavy Inferno-Proton Matrix Blaster

------------------

The Thunderhawk had been completed, and it's capabilities were extraordinary. When it slowed down, it almost completely disappeared!

This energy cloak was being improved for another model of ship, the Darkwing. Some thought it strange they were processing another ship when they had only one Thunderhawk fighter, but Lance insisted on it.

The Darkwing was heavier, and was generally a spy craft.

Out of pure insanity, the signal "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR DONKEY IS?" was sent out to all vessels in the galaxy from F-25, not even excluding the Prylak, thanks to the actions of some insane officer.

No-one ever found out it was Lance, but it wouldn't matter. Most of the Terran Colony was as insane (in the fun way) as Lance was.

- - -

Terran Colonial Processing Unit
Darkwing: 6 posts to process a prototype

- - -

Kiarak's huge Azdgari fleet converged on the Qan, and I'ase, and indeed Prylak, position.

The fleet entered the Achlos system, and instantly opened fire on the Qan ships. Something in the region of one thousand and five hundred Azdaras swept towards the Qan.

OOC: Your move, Red.

coughdoomed*cough

SilverDragon

PS: I apologise for the insanity of some parts of this post.

------------------
- SilverDragon

OOC: RED, you're gonna die. Oh, and if you can manage to find the old "info" topic, you'll see that I named my light fighter the Pegasus. I'll play along, though. My light fighter is now named the Vampire. Carnotaur, I believe that the Nedra was orbiting Galactica Prime at last post, although you might have meant the Phantoms. They're watching the battle in Achlos.

OOC: MY DONKEY IS INSIDE THE THUNDERHAWK. I don't know how it got there, but SD, if you would send it back, I would greatly appreciate it. πŸ˜›

============

A huge Adzgari fleet hyperspaced into the Achlos system. The Phantoms charged their wormhole generators and watched with interest as over 1000 Azdaras screamed toward the Q'an fleet...

============

The minaturization was done, and Basilisks were being fitted with the Fusion Beam. Tasina sent a copy of the minaturized beam to BattleDoctor, per the agreement. Work on the LHR had been abandoned, as it had been deemed ineffective. Instead, research had started on a type of mine. It was called the flak mine, and was optimized to work well against heavy warships.

Having gotten reports of the battle in Achlos, the Nedra started to lumber away from Galactica Prime (after discharging the Galactica techs).

RESEARCH INITIATED
Title: Flak Mine
Time till completion: 3 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/america.under.attack/index.html")World Trade Center Terrorist Attack 9/11/01(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/11/bush.second.statement/")Bush's Statement 9/11/01(/url)
(url="http://"http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/09/11/news/wtc_crash/")More WTC Coverage 9/11/01(/url)

(This message has been edited by Lord Asriel (edited 09-16-2001).)

There was a sudden burst of energy hurtiling towards the vidscreen and it short circuted. Hawk Kael stood with an outraged manner in his eyes. He had seen everything in the Prylak message that had been intercepted by Zacha scouts and he was outraged beyond all doubt. Right now he was on a Lazria heading back to Vuna, so it was best that none see him like that, except one person did. A holo-image of Sisay stood in the room with Hawk, and the old captain was shaking his head at the waste of life. Hawk was breathing and chanting an old rythym to keep calm.

Sisay looked up to Hawk and said, "Old friend it would seem we have a more serious problem then was innitaly thought. Your reaction to this must be right and not too fast..."

Kael looked up at Sisay with quickly calm eyes and interrupted him. "Captain, we inniate Code Delta Arden now. It is time for us to make a stand right now. I also want every Zacha ship avaliable to join the fleet at Tmidor now." The captain nodded grimly and understood that it would be the best. He faded away quickly.

Hawk turned around and stepped into the middle of the room, which was in essecen a holo-deck. "Computer, activate Delta Arden code now. Open a channel to every colony, station, and ship galaxy wide. Open up in the Five World Array and make sure even the Prylak are hearing this." There was a sudden silence and then the computer acknolwedged its command finished.

To every ship and colony and outpost, a com signal was sent to. It was exectued via the Five World Array and thus the signal was traced to five different planets; the ship it came from was deep in hyperspace and thus hard even there to find. Hawk Kael was after all a renegade and had the talent to remain hidden.

The signal was strongest at the Prylak ships and soon every ship had the channel bustling, from GNN HQ on Kayia to the command ship of BattleDoctor himself. The image of Hawk Kael appeared on vidscreens and in certain conditions as a holo-image. He was calm and collect, but his eyes revealed the inner fire of what he held.

"Most of you know who I am, and to others I appear to be but an individual. To those who know me not, I am Zacha Hawk Kael, son of Kalin and Majet Kael, of the Kisani race. I am leader of the new-born Draven Commonwealth and of the Zacha and I come before you to spread a message. Before our galaxy was visited by an the last of an alien race whose prescense seemed to feed upon an already raging war. That was ten years ago, and this galaxy has seen the rule of the Galactica Empire and the presecen of the Azdgari Empire. In one area the Mercenary Alliance has been gathering strenght in hopes that the Zidagar and UE would return. We know what has happened and the Fates be thanked the bulk of the Zidagar fleet still survives intact. The prescense of the Zacha has also been gathering strenght to fight against the Galactica Empire and was for a short time at war. We now have a new problem that has given cause for every faction in this galaxy to combine their strenghts and strike at this threat called the Prylak.

The Commonwealth has decided that we will not tolerate this threat. Prylak leaders, if you are listening, ware my words for they mean the truth. You have invaded our galaxy, murdered millions of innocents who called the Hidizar colony home and dare to demand our surrender. In this one respect as leader of the Commonwealth, we will not surrender until every last ship has been destroyed and we stand at the brink doom. I urge and plead to all other leaders to do as well. Prylak, I issue this warning once so do listen well. Get the hell out of our galaxy. We were here first and if anyone has the right to screw it up, it's us and not you. I have issued an alert to every Zacha ship available to gather and strike hard and fast. I have sent data streams to all factions about our technologies and ships. It may not be as powerful as Galactica mil-specs, but it sure is damn close. Merc Alliance, Galactica, Azdgari, Zidagar, and Terrans have recived this information revealing everything we have at our beck and call. On top of that, we have sent the Ragnorak into the field for the first time in her construction.

"An invasion has come to our galaxy, when she was in a reign of chaos so deep none dare make even a single move without thought of what would come after it. It is time that we ended this chaos, if only for a short time and focus on this threat called the Prylak. No matter the cost, we must prevail or all we have known and loved shall be damned.

This is Hawk Kael, over and out." With that the signal went dead.

There was a great roaring sound as a sigle ship took off from Kuna, this one a prototype never before seen. She was a beauty of red and silver and flew with the grace of a Sedran crusier if faster. She was a full 140 meters in length and could carry more firepower then innitialy thought posible. An enhanced AI was embebed in her systems and a good state of the art sensor cloak was fitted around her. The class had been named the Falcon and so the ship had been named so as well. In all events, she was what the Zacha had long needed: a cruiser capable of a great deal. She zoomed towards space and after thirty minutes was gone from the Sirabor system.

CONSTRUCTION REPORT
12 Sedran crusiers built
6 Falcons built
Echo destroyer and Arada construction put off for sometime
Townships and colonies put off tempoarly

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain