Global Thermonuclear War Game 25

Ah. Sorry, I lost track of when this round was supposed to end.

@darth_vader, on Jun 10 2008, 02:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

It's been over 12 hours and nothing has happened. What's the final vote tally? I'm too lazy to go back and look it up.

I just went over this rounds votes, and the Vote Tally looks like this:

egroeg: (5)
LNSU
mrxak
Mackilroy
GutlessWonder
nfreader

mrxak: (4)
Shlimazel
jrsh92
egroeg
darth_vader

RJC Ultra: (1)
prophile

No Vote: (4)
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
lemonyscapegoat
Mispeled

I must admit that the most suspicious people I see are the people voting for Egroeg (who hasn't done hardly anything that's suspicious) over mrxak (who is acting very suspicous). Egroeg is apparently going to be executed for lurking when he obviously isn't around anyway while mrxak gets off scot free when he's been even more aggressive than usual? Suspiciously so?

I thought he was going to be executed for doing practically nothing to help us discover who the terrorists were, not merely because he's 'never here.' mrxak's aggressiveness is his typical method of playing, though that doesn't mean he's evil or innocent one way or the other.

It's true that egroeg isn't being helpful, I suppose.

I've been busy with work and building my computer, and the pace of these games is pretty fast... I'll try to get back into things for the next round if I can. Sorry all.

RJC Ultra. I don't believe that egroeg or mrxak are terrorists. I am only voting for Ultra because I am genuinely unsure at the moment of who the terrorists are. Besides, my vote probably won't do anything to him.

Where is he in that list, anyway? One assumes he can vote, right?

@1eevee1, on Jun 10 2008, 08:55 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

RJC Ultra. I don't believe that egroeg or mrxak are terrorists. I am only voting for Ultra because I am genuinely unsure at the moment of who the terrorists are. Besides, my vote probably won't do anything to him.

Considering that your vote is a tad bit late, you can rest assured that RJC Ultra will feel no pain from it. 🙂

@1eevee1, on Jun 10 2008, 09:55 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

Uhh...

Huh.
I think I simply forgot him somewhere.

Voting is locked during the inactive phase, something kickme decided to add after a special role asked him for it (at least, that's what kickme says happened).

Revised Tally:
egroeg: (5)
LNSU
mrxak
Mackilroy
GutlessWonder
nfreader

mrxak: (4)
Shlimazel
jrsh92
egroeg
darth_vader

RJC Ultra: (1)
prophile

No Vote: (5)
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
lemonyscapegoat
Mispeled
RJC Ultra

@mackilroy, on Jun 10 2008, 04:15 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I thought he was going to be executed for doing practically nothing to help us discover who the terrorists were, not merely because he's 'never here.' mrxak's aggressiveness is his typical method of playing, though that doesn't mean he's evil or innocent one way or the other.

Why is everyone crediting mrxak with playing just like he always does? He's being noticeably more agressive. I can't believe that the only people who see this are me and Shlimazel. This makes no sense. Pay attention people!

Gah! You lot just had to be split on who to investigate? That's not very nice. Now we have to form a committee that will decide whom to investigate. Anyway, has any died yet?

One of the janitors walks in and whispers to kickme, then leaves.

_Hmm, it appears that someone has died in a most unfortunate place. It appears that the toilet that jrsh92 was reading the paper on exploded. How depressing.

And our committee needs to learn to count. It turns out you did indeed choose for us! Thank you! Now, could egroeg please step behind this guillotine?_

jrsh92 and egroeg were both innocent.

Player list:
**1Eevee1
darth_vader
Eugene Chin
GutlessWonder
Lemonyscapegoat
LNSU
Mackilroy
Mispeled
mrxak
nfreader
prophile
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel

This post has been edited by kickme : 12 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

At least I went out with a bang. Literally.

@kickme, on Jun 11 2008, 12:26 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

And our committee needs to learn to count. It turns out you did indeed choose for us! Thank you! Now, could egroeg please step behind this guillotine?

Whose vote did you miss?

I see jrsh92's death as a fairly transparent attempt to frame me, probably since the terrorists failed to vote me out last round, they needed more manufactured evidence.

@darth_vader, on Jun 10 2008, 10:52 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

Why is everyone crediting mrxak with playing just like he always does? He's being noticeably more agressive. I can't believe that the only people who see this are me and Shlimazel. This makes no sense. Pay attention people!

Maybe it's because I am acting like normal, and it's just you two who are crazy. Or, perhaps it's because I'm acting like normal, and it's just you two who are wanting everyone else to think I'm not? You've been around for many games, so I know you know better.

You seem to be one of my harshest critics, so I'm going to choose you, darth_vader. You keep insisting on something that a lot of people don't seem to be buying, and now that a nightkill has so obviously pointed at me, I feel it's time I defend myself against these threats more directly.

I haven't played a couple of the games, and some of them I've hosted, so if you could explain (you being either Shlimazael or darth_vader) how he's being more aggressive, I'd appreciate it. Or anybody else explaining, for that matter.

For now, until someone convinces me otherwise or I see something suspicious, I'm going to vote for RJC Ultra.

(note: reasoning for this vote is that a. I have no idea who to vote for at the moment, and b. I don't want to go without voting)

Look at the first turn. He launched a veritable crusade againt SIB, which was massively more distracting than what SIB actually did. He continued acting in a manner which was, not just aggressive, but I would go so far as to say was over the top with aggressiveness. It's like he's trying to exaggerate his own aggressiveness to hide in plain sight. After all, everyone else doesn't seem to realize that he's being more aggressive that usual.

But also, how many terrorists have he killed? None. He's attacking people who aren't around, or for idiotic reasons. Isn't the goal of terrorists to kill innocents? Well, mrxak is killing innocents all over the place! Who care's if they aren't around-every innocent person we kill because of the faith people have in mrxak's judgement (and said faith is strong indeed) is one less person the terrorists need to kill.

I'm very suspicious of mrxak. I hope that darth will assist me in explaining why mrxak is acting in a dangerous and atypical manner.

On the flip side though, if mrxak is innocent and the terrorists are trying to frame him, then this fits with my observations from before. It looks like the terrorists could be killing people that they can use to frame others. If that's true, they aren't doing a partictularly good job given that no one seems to be paying attention to this.

So, everybody who doesn't know who to vote for votes for me now? Well, I can't say you aren't right about that. I'm not really completely innocent looking.

However, I think I'll vote LNSU for the moment, he's acting a bit shady.

ow that hurt

Shlimazael: part of that makes no sense. If the terrorists are killing people they could use to frame others, wouldn't it make more sense for them to leave him alive and let him draw off attention?

No, I mean that I suspect that the terrorists are killing people who, by their deaths, frame other people for having killed them. Does this make more sense?

Also, I should add that I will again be absent on Thursday and Friday.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 11 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

Which is why you shouldn't read into their kills.