Thermonuclear War, Round VI

Pssh, stabbed in the throat? That's a pretty lame way to die, Eugene Chin. I fell 15 feet onto some bamboo stakes. Now there's a death to be proud of :p.

Those child safety mechanisms cost more lives then they save. Especially in games.

So.

Now, I plan to do some magma-watching and spelunking... after finding a chick to do some "Spelunking" with, if ya know what I mean. I hear those Succubai can get 'Really' hot, and...

... Wait...

I didn't wind up in the "Other" place, did I?

😛

You, sir, now win this game automatically.

As for myself, I'll probably let the game, now won by mrxak out of sheer awesomeness, continue.

Heh.

Now who to vote for...

The time for mourning is over.

The Security Council must act now, or I promise you, the slain members of this council will rise up in Zombie Revolution to claim our Vengeance Upon the Living!

Some of you talk an awful lot for for dead people. 😉

By the way, you officially have one hour to cast your votes. If there has been no activity before I get back this evening, I am going to assume that the special council just doesn't care if the world gets nuked, and let the terrorists win.

xander

Whoa! In just in time. Um... Mack. Because he posted and I have to vote for someone. Subject to change.

I vote for GutlessWonder , as he has seemed to have 'disappeared'.

@kickme, on Sep 24 2007, 02:27 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

OK, yeah, that's a good point. I don't have any real reason to vote for Mack, I just did it because I had to vote for someone or the terrorists would win, so I'll retract my vote for him and vote for GutlessWonder.

I vote for GutlessWonder , if we still can.

(Hey, I've been gone most of the past two days)

@kickme, on Sep 24 2007, 02:27 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

Ugh, sorry. I got sick well over a week ago, and this last thursday, because my repaired knee had swollen up, I called the doctor to find out if I should come in or not. We scheduled an impromptu appointment on Friday morning just to check things out...by noon I was being prepped for surgery. I've only just got back from the hospital, complete with another scar in my knee and an IV-catheter in my arm (enters at the crick of the elbow, then runs up through one of my veins in my arm, across my shoulder, and stops a few inches above my heart, called a PIC-catheter). My sincere apologies to everyone here, this whole thing caught me very much by surprise and not a little grief in dealing with it all (since the doctor said that it was a freak chance that it even got infected in the first place). So, ugh. 😞

Anywho, if this round is still going, and in the hope that it is:

This band-wagoning means, I fear, that the terrorists are winning greatly. I have been doing nothing except trying to keep the terrorists from getting launch codes for their weapons. It is of the utmost importance that I not be arrested. This is an extremely critical moment in this game, and I implore all of you to do some serious soul-searching. Someone here must be on my side. Please.

Don't let them win. I will spend every breath I have fighting for freedom, for my country, and for the innocents of the world. Don't let the Andromeda society destroy everything we have!!

kickme , your reasons are spurious. For one thing, someone helping the terrorists would be expected to be around to spread his pms and misinformation.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 25 September 2007 - 08:11 AM

_The special council turns to GutlessWonder, everyone certain that he is responsible. He feebly tries to defend himself from the accusations, but it is to no avail. The council has spoken. MPs are called into arrest him, lead by nfreader. However, something seems off -- the uniforms of the MPs are not quite right. nfreader draws a weapon, and shoots GutlessWonder in the head. The MPs raise their Kalashnikovs and point them menacingly at the special council.

"Please, don't kill us!" yells darth_vader. nfreader begins to laugh, and darth_vader quickly joins in. The slow realization that nfreader and darth_vader are the terrorists dawns upon the rest of the special council, but it is too late. nfreader quickly searches GutlessWonder, and finds a key, which he uses to remove the briefcase from GutlessWonder's wrist.

"Thank you, gentlemen, it has been a pleasure doing business with you," he says, turning to leave the room, followed by darth_vader. On he way out, he pauses, and, turning to one of the MPs, says, "Kill them."

A brief thunder is heard, as the Kalashnikovs mow down Mackilroy and kickme.

Several hours later, ICBMs from the United States join thousands of Andromeda Society bombs. London, New York, Moscow, and every other major city on the globe is wiped from the map in the first salvo. Military installations and centers of industry are next. Finally, any major population center still standing is wiped out. In that one act of terror, more than 80% of the world's population is vaporized, or dies of radiation poisoning. Over the next few years, more die of starvation, dehydration, and radiation sickness. It will take 10s of thousands of years for human civilization to rise again._

-----

I must admit, the terrorists were extremely lucky in this round. The game started off with two terrorists and three intelligence agents (one from China, one from the US, and one from Russia).

Cerberus, the Russian intelligence agent, had the power to assassinate anyone at any time. Given that he was about to be arrested, he chose to use his power to take rebelswin_85 with him. Unfortunately, rebelswin_85 was the Chinese intelligence agent. For anyone who cares, he had the ability to kidnap one member of the council every round. For that round, that member would be unable to vote, talk, or do anything else. At the end of the round, rebelwin_85 would know something about that person (like, whether or not they were a terrorist). As I said, it was unfortunate, because he died in the first round, a victim of Cerberus' bullet.

Finally, during the first recess, the terrorists killed mrxak, who was the American intelligence agent. Every recess, he had the ability to track one person via satellite or any other means available to the CIA. He was following darth_vader that recess, and would have discovered that he was a terrorist, had he not been killed. However, he was killed. Because I was feeling nice, I allowed mrxak to forward his intelligence to another American. He sent it off to GutlessWonder, who was told that mrxak was tracking down darth_vader when he died. Gutless even tried to convince you to off darth_vader in the previous round, but was outvoted.

Finally, at the beginning of the game, I gave 1Eevee1 the launch codes for the US nuclear arsenal. Had 1Eevee1 been caught by the terrorists, I would have given the terrorists the opportunity to use those nukes to take out any one nation -- I figured that this would, at most, give them one extra kill, as chances were that they wouldn't get the case. When 1Eevee1 committed suicide (rather than be taken away to jail), he gave the case to GutlessWonder.

In the last round, I thought that, for certain, darth_vader would get caught, because of his vote changing, but it seems that you all believed his story about not wanting to terrorists to win. I am also surprised by GutlessWonder's last minute vote for kickme, given that he more or less knew that darth_vader was a terrorist. At any rate, it was an interesting game to watch, knowing everyone's roles from the start. The terrorists just got extremely lucky. 😞

xander

well played, indeed.

Yeah, what the heck guys, nobody listened to Gutless when he said he got intelligence from me that darth_vader was a terrorist. I died in a spike pit to get you that information!

Oh, and I told you that a Russian was responsible too, and that it could be nfreader despite being the evil dictator in like 90% of the games. Nobody listened :(.

@mrxak, on Sep 25 2007, 02:54 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

I died in a spike pit to get you that information!

I hope I was able to give you a cool death. The spike pit was my idea, but it was nfreader's suggestion to kill you. I'm not entirely sure why he picked you first though.

Anyway, well played everyone, we sure did get lucky, though I have to say 3 intel agents would generally mean that the odds would be stacked against the dictators. Anyway, next round I'm ready to not be evil anymore.

@gutlesswonder, on Sep 25 2007, 06:08 AM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

Ugh, sorry. I got sick well over a week ago

I blame the commies.

Er, wait...

Well, that proves that I'm not a terrorist. Maybe round 9'll be better for us, since this one was kinda... bad.

@1eevee1, on Sep 25 2007, 06:10 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

Well, that proves that I'm not a terrorist. Maybe round 9'll be better for us, since this one was kinda... bad.

Au contraire. It went quite well, I thought. 😛