Thermonuclear War, Round VI

Sorry about that, slipped my mind.

Cerebus is who my vote is cast for.

_The debate rages in the council chambers. Accusations go back and forth, largely along national and idealogical lines. After several days of debate, little progress has been made. In the wee hours of the morning, after three weeks of debate, two names bubble to the surface: Cerberus and GutlessWonder. However, the delegates are evenly divided, and the debate continues. Finally, as the sun is just rising above the buildings, a decision is reached. Cerberus shall be imprisoned. The MPs are called, but Cerberus cannot be found.

A search party is called, and the delegates resolve to return to their home countries to collect intelligence, regroup, and plan for the future. The delegates leave the council chambers singly and in small groups. The Russian delegation leaves first. Several minutes later, the US and UK delegates leave together, discussing the relative merits of cricket and baseball, though mrxak stays behind to discuss trade relations with the Chinese. Finally, the Chinese delegation leaves -- except for rebelswin_85, who is finishing up the negotiations with mrxak.

Eventually, an MP is sent to get mrxak, as the helicopter is about to depart. He and rebelswin_85 shake hands, and leave the council chambers. mrxak walks to the helipad while rebelswin_85 stops by the fountain in the courtyard to smoke an unfiltered cigarette. He finds the cigarettes in his jacket pocket, and pulls a lighter from his pocket. He strikes the flint once, then again, and finally gets a flame. He draws the lighter to the cigarette that is waiting between his lips, and --

bang

A shot is heard in the compound. Then another. rebelswin_85 falls to the ground. He is already dead by the time the medics reach him. Seconds later, shouting can be heard. From the top of a building overlooking the fountain, Cerberus yells "За Россия!!" before he jumps from the roof, leaving his rifle behind._

-----

Cerberus and rebelswin_85 are now dead. The rest of you are on your way back to your home countries. If you have the ability to act during recess, please PM me at some point in the next 10 or 12 hours. Even if you can't act during the recess, please PM me to let me know what you are up to.

xander

So wait... What?

Cerberus killed rebelswin_85?

Does anyone speak Russian? I used a translator page to find Россия = Russia. But За means for as in in exchange for not for the benefit of. That would have been для.

(Edit) Well, that's what one page says.

(Editx2) Aw snap. I spoke in defense of Cerberus this round, and now it's gonna come back to bite me. I just know it.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 17 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

Wow, that hurts. 😞 Avenge me! Avveeenge meeee!

The People's Republic of China mourns our fallen comrade. He shall be buried with honors and glory.

I'm still waiting for a few PMs. The next round of negotiations will begin when everything is sorted.

xander

_After the sudden assassination of rebelswin_85, and the untimely death of Cerberus, the delegates return home with heavy hearts. Each of them contacts their intelligence agencies, and attempts to track down some leads. Several days later, mrxak suddenly leaves the country, headed for South America. Outside of Brasilia, he is attacked by a man in a mask, and his briefcase stolen. As this case contains several top secret documents, he quickly gives chase, several secret servicemen at his heals. Such reckless action turns out to not be wise. On the edge of the jungle, the ground gives out beneath mrxak, and he falls 15 feet into a large hole lined with bamboo stakes. The secret service agents attempt to extract him, but he has already lost too much blood. He is pronounced dead when he gets to the hospital. The briefcase disappears into the bureaucracy of the US intelligence agencies.

Several days later, the special council is convened again._

-----

mrxak is dead, assassinated by terrorists. You have approximately 48 hours to determine who will be arrested next.

xander

😮

... What?

Since when do the bad guys have the power to kill so many good guys in one round?!

I had theories, but of course, I'm dead now.

It doesn't make sense that the bad guys could get multiple kills per round.

I'm going to go out on a limb and forward a guess.

darwinian said that there would be several special powers roles this game. I'm going to put forward that that Cerberus had some sort of death-triggered power... A former special-ops guy and fanatic patriot who didn't take well to being accused... the power to kill a player who voted against him in his last round.

For a moment, I thought that it might be to kill the last player who voted against him, but then 1Eevee1 would have been shot instead.

Well, it's just a guess, but what do the rest of you think?

Well... ah, I get it.

We killed Cerebus, who was a Russian terrorist. Cerebus killed rebelswin, who was a Chinese innocent, and we've lost mrxak, who was an American innocent.

Every round, all of us lose a member, so we can't stall. I believe that the Chinese are harboring, inadvertantly, another terrorist. As for who, I cannot say at this point in time.

That still doesn't make sense, without the assumption that Cerberus had some extra death-triggered power.

I fail to see how it doesn't make sense, Eugene Chin.

The terrorists avenged Cerebus's death by killing an American. The Chinese lost a member when we found out that Cerebus was a terrorist.

And if Cerebus wasn't a terrorist then WHY WOULD HE KILL A CHINESE DELEGATE WITH A RIFLE THAT WAS SUPPLIED BY THE TERRORISTS?!

The only person who couldn't, or wouldn't work out my logic is a terrorist. Thank you, fellow delegates.

Wait a second. xander never said that any of those people were dictators, and I was under the impression that he would tell us if one was killed. Furthermore, your accusation of Eugene Chin doesn't hold water. I think 1Eevee1 is a dictator.

@1eevee1, on Sep 19 2007, 04:35 AM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

I fail to see how it doesn't make sense, Eugene Chin.

The terrorists avenged Cerebus's death by killing an American. The Chinese lost a member when we found out that Cerebus was a terrorist.

And if Cerebus wasn't a terrorist then WHY WOULD HE KILL A CHINESE DELEGATE WITH A RIFLE THAT WAS SUPPLIED BY THE TERRORISTS?!

The only person who couldn't, or wouldn't work out my logic is a terrorist. Thank you, fellow delegates.

What?

That still doesn't make sense, without the assumption that Cerberus had some extra death-triggered power.

This is what I said. With The Assumption that Cerberus has such an ability under the game rules, then your "Logic" might have made sense.

The only thing you're doing is bashing me for pointing this out.

@darth_vader, on Sep 19 2007, 02:18 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

was under the impression that he would tell us if one was killed.

1. That is an incorrect assumption. I will not tell you when any of the terrorists or other special roles are killed.
  2. They are terrorists, or terrorist agents in this game, not evil dictators. 😛

xander

@darth_vader, on Sep 19 2007, 09:18 AM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

Wait a second. xander never said that any of those people were dictators, and I was under the impression that he would tell us if one was killed. Furthermore, your accusation of Eugene Chin doesn't hold water. I think 1Eevee1 is a dictator.

This is the second time you've instantly accused the first accuser, almost blindly it seems. I also have in my possession documents that show that you were being investigated by mrxak at the time of the former's death.

I demand an explanation of everything you've been doing, who you've been meeting with, and whether or not you can present any evidence for what you say.

Until that time, I cast my vote on you, darth_vader.

@gutlesswonder, on Sep 19 2007, 12:53 PM, said in Thermonuclear War, Round VI:

This is the second time you've instantly accused the first accuser, almost blindly it seems. I also have in my possession documents that show that you were being investigated by mrxak at the time of the former's death.

I demand an explanation of everything you've been doing, who you've been meeting with, and whether or not you can present any evidence for what you say.

Until that time, I cast my vote on you, darth_vader.

There are several reasons why I accused 1Eevee1. First of all, I have noticed a tendency for dictators to accuse first. They often have nothing to loose by killing anyone else, so they accuse quickly. I was guilty of that mistake myself in the last game when I was a dictator. Secondly, 1Eevee1 accused with no evidence. All he said was that Eugene Chin was a dictator because he didn't agree with 1Eevee1's own view of things, which was not at all well explained, and made no sense to me. I think his explanation was just an excuse to try to get Eugene Chin eliminated when Chin made a completely innocuous comment. That I cannot stand for, which is why I am voting for 1Eevee1. I hope that explains things.

Vote: 1Eevee1

I'm going to have to agree with darth, here.

1Eevee1 is bashing me for trying to reason things out, and he's misrepresented whats happened:

When did darwinian say that the terrorists supplied the rifle?
When did darwinian say that the terrorists would be able to cheapshot an extra kill if one of them was found?

However, darwinian did say that there would be several special roles and only two terrorists this game.

When I raised the possibility that Cerberus was some kind of special role, 1Eevee1 tried to shout me down. He is lashing out at me for pointing out flaws in his logic, and then trying to make it seem as if I am the one being unreasonable.