Global Thermonuclear War

I again ask the intelligence agent to claim (if you're still alive). Even if you don't have a guilty result, and just have innocent results on one or more of the remaining people, that would be helpful. No lynch would still be a viable option to improve our chances, but there is significant danger of losing the IA, and he wouldn't be able to tell us all that he knows.

Quick analysis:
1. GutlessWonder. I don't think the tone of his posts tell us anything. He could be an overly-aggressive innocent or a dictator pretending to be that. The only suspicious thing he did was when he believed mrxak's IA claim without looking into it too much. It might be calling the kettle black*, but he was asking the IA to claim, which would make sense if he was a dictator.
2. Kickme. Hasn't done much at all. His only votes have been for me (self-defense to my random vote), 1eevee1 (during the tie-breaker), and for Gutless. That edited post is rather bizarre.
3. Eugene Chin. He didn't post much at all but came in at the very end of page 1. I think if he was a dictator he would have been content to let me get lynched rather than Eevee. He was also the first one to put up an argument against mrxak.

*I realize I'm being a hypocrite when I say this, but the reason I'm asking now is that we have nothing to lose. Again today, if we lynch the wrong person, it's over.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 22 August 2007 - 07:46 AM

Oops, sorry about that, I edited the wrong post. I was suppose to change my vote against gutless to no lynch, to see what will happen in response to mrxak's claim to be the IA, as last time he claimed that it was true, though it appears that the round ended while I was still changing it. Dang wi-fi restrictions, RL and time-zones

I have been quiet this round because I have been preoccupied in RL, thus haven't been able to get on much.

Once again, I am sorry for the confusion I have caused for editing the wrong post. It was late and I forgot to click save after editing, and had to leave for a while, thus didn't save it till I got home again, just after the round had closed.

If it is necessary, I can change that post back.

So what time does this latest round end?

It'll end at midnight tonight.

@mackilroy, on Aug 21 2007, 10:54 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

In the late hours of the night, the UN is rocked with the news that darth_vader has been assassinated and his country nuked. As the survivors pick up the pieces, the UN clamors for vengeance.

Who will die next?

Last post:

It seems the dictator has found me out. I was the IA. I investigated mrxak the night of the first round, though I suspected him before that. I had time to investigate a second person just before before I was nuked, but I won't post anything about that until I am sure it would not break a rule.

I think today is when we need to not lynch anyone, especially with the loss of the IA. We don't know any more than when we started the day, and I think we can improve our chances with more time and one fewer person (again, our goal is not to for everyone to survive, it's to lynch the last dictator).

vote: no lynch

I've been talking this over with my brothers. They point out to me that no matter what I do, this may likely be my last move in this game.

If I vote to lynch GutlessWonder, and it turns out to be kickme, I've effectively cost us the game.

If I vote No Lynch, it puts the ball into the dictator's court, so to speak.

However, I believe that the remaining dictator will focus on either me or Mispeled in the next genocide phase.

If Mispeled goes down, I'll need to choose between GutlessWonder and kickme, exactly the same choice as I have right now. If I go down, Mispeled faces that same choice.

I know I may cost us the game, but I'm going to have to go with my instincts here.

GutlessWonder is going down.

Yeah. The more I look at it, it doesn't seem like a no-lynch would help us.

vote: GutlessWonder

I wish I could stay up to see how this plays out.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 22 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

So, tonight's tally:

GutlessWonder - 3 votes
kickme - 1 vote

The Security Council votes to destroy GutlessWonder , after much debate and frothing and gnashing of teeth. Like rain nukes pound his country until it is nothing but radioactive rubble. Gutless himself is found by workers in protective suits buried under tons of rubble in his capital city.

In his hands there is a small piece of paper with a name on it, but the paper is so badly charred it is unreadable.

A transmission arrives from the bunnies: "You've killed another innocent - just making things easier for us. Bwahahahaha!"

A few hours later, a report comes in from the east - a recon satellite passing over Eugene Chin's country noted large amounts of radioactive isotopes in the air, and the ruins of all his major cities. A team of soldiers is sent in to find the body of Chin, and returns empty-handed - Chin's bunker was completely destroyed.

There are now two players remaining: Mispeled and kickme.

Seems I was wrong about Gutless. Through a process of elimination, I have discovered that Mispeled is the second dictator.

This post has been edited by kickme : 23 August 2007 - 01:25 AM

@darth_vader, on Aug 22 2007, 05:51 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Last post:

It seems the dictator has found me out. I was the IA. I investigated mrxak the night of the first round, though I suspected him before that. I had time to investigate a second person just before before I was nuked, but I won't post anything about that until I am sure it would not break a rule.

Game appears to be all over besides the crying. Mispeled will have to vote for kickme and kickme has already voted for Mispeled. That makes it a tie and tonight the real evil dictator will be left triumphant :). Congrats to my co-conspirator who will no doubt make himself known soon enough.

Anyway, since it can't change anything now, I'd like to hear who you investigated.

Eh, figures. I vote for mispeled.

Cheers, Eugene. Good game everyone.

@mrxak, on Aug 23 2007, 02:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Game appears to be all over besides the crying. Mispeled will have to vote for kickme and kickme has already voted for Mispeled. That makes it a tie and tonight the real evil dictator will be left triumphant :). Congrats to my co-conspirator who will no doubt make himself known soon enough.

Anyway, since it can't change anything now, I'd like to hear who you investigated.

I knew Mispeld and Eugene Chin were innocent, though both Kickme and GW seemed suspicious. If it wasn't one, it was the other. Since everyone else seemed suspicious of him, I investigated GW, but I was nuked before I could reveal that he was innocent.

Sweet, congrats kickme, the true mastermind behind this round!

I hope ya'll sign up for game 5.

I was trying to overplay the whole "kill everyone" thing, though it backfired in the end. I do have to say well played to kickme though. Did mrxak fool me? To some extent. I was very suspicious of him and his lack of listening to mispeled, but I was willing to give his request a chance.

The final round:

Mispeled - 2 votes.

Mispeled is sitting in his office - he and one other leader are the last two left out of the original group. As he contemplates how to get rid of the other leader, there is a flash of light. He looks up, and sees a mushroom cloud blossoming about thirty miles away. As he stands up, another mushroom cloud blossoms over the capital city. Mispeled and everyone in his nation are destroyed.

The UN receives this message: "The bunnies have won! Now we enjoy the spoils of victory."

FREE CARROTS FOR ALL!!!

@gutlesswonder, on Aug 23 2007, 11:49 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I was trying to overplay the whole "kill everyone" thing, though it backfired in the end. I do have to say well played to kickme though. Did mrxak fool me? To some extent. I was very suspicious of him and his lack of listening to mispeled, but I was willing to give his request a chance.

But really, I'm serious, not voting in the first round is a bad idea.

Great round everyone 🙂

I must say, my only stuff up that I could see was forgetting about edit lines.

@mrxak, on Aug 23 2007, 12:25 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

But really, I'm serious, not voting in the first round is a bad idea.

If you are relatively certain about the identity of the dictator it's definitely better to lynch than to not. But in a situation like our D1 where we had an even number of people and didn't have much to go on, I think a no lynch would have been the best choice.

On top of that, if 1Eevee1 hadn't been killed, he'd still be alive for the last round; he and Mispeled would have been able to kill kickme in the end.