Delphi Ship Creations

Amazing, Dracheseele! It looks like it could tear apart a Raven single-handed! I can't wait to see it painted... you are going to paint it, right? Right? 😄

As for your New Earth IDA, Jai, thanks for the three new desktop images! Yes, I like it so much I downloaded the images for use on my own desktop. Hope you don't mind. They aren't technically big enough to fill my screen, but they're big enough I don't mind.

Painting it would be a bit of a hassle, as the model itself is already choking my computer slightly (silly mac mini). It's mainly the 4 pods on the rear causing it though, maybe I just need to design less elaborate ones. Thinking about it there's actually a few things I might change on it.

I could also get unlazy and hook up my new PC... But that needs it's desk cleaned off, get a new copy of windows, etc.

Thanks DarthKev! And nope, I don't mind at all! If you want a different view, let me know! And Dracheseele, I agree with Darthkev, if you ever get you new PC hooked up, definitely paint that. It looks awesome. Just me, but I think you should paint it a light (ish) gray, and then touch up with either red or black.
EDIT: Just thinking about your desk Dracheseele, if it's that bad you could order some tannerite. Legal explosive that only explodes with a high velocity impact (gun is the best way, believe me), and you don't have to pay hazard shipping. You can't even get it to explode with a blow torch! That I haven't tried, though.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 16 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

This.

While that does look awesome, I have a hard time believing you made it, oryhara, what with your reputation for spamming and everything. Not to mention no part of it came from Delphi's pieces. 😉

EDIT: sigh I feel stupid.

** :hector_bird: **

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 20 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Aug 17 2010, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While that does look awesome, I have a hard time believing you made it, oryhara, what with your reputation for spamming and everything. Not to mention no part of it came from Delphi's pieces. 😉

Attached File TrollFace.png (75.02K)
Number of downloads: 3

I still think Darthkev's kev cruiser is better than the battlecruiser.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 17 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (oryhara @ Aug 16 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still think Darthkev's kev cruiser is better than the battlecruiser.

My kev cruiser? You mean my avatar? I didn't make that, the model was made by Arion and I got it from Modesty's Shipyard site.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Aug 17 2010, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My kev cruiser? You mean my avatar? I didn't make that, the model was made by Arion and I got it from Modesty's Shipyard site.

I see.

Well most of delphi's ships surpass the battlecruiser anyways. 😄

Since I didn't get it right the first time I decided to repaint my Pelican Class Carrier.

In my opinon, the giant shadow on the ground doesn't help, but with shadows on it looks more dark and menacing. Especially with the shadows.

Click the shadow box with the "i" on it. Then uncheck "shadows on ground." Are you using fog as well? If so, it's a nice effect.

Yep, using fog. Thanks for the shadow tip. In a little while I'll post it and teh IDA with the shadow thing.

Opened a file I had made when I first got the pieces and had inspiration...

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. I'm no expert but it looks like that took a while to put together. I got a question though, and I know I'm new to ship modeling, but why does everyone design such intricate and detailed models, when, in my opinion, some of my simpler ships look almost as good? I'm not saying the detailed ships are bad, but...? By the way, that would make an awesome hauler, ore miner, or space station.

Just messing around with what I figured I wanted to be a cruiser. Well, it didn't come out as a cruiser. Let me introduce you to my latest fighter, mostly inspired by the Imperial Lambda Class Shuttle from Star Wars:

Since I complained, I started a more intricate model. I can't decide if it should be a planet killing warship, a warship, or a station.

Warship.

Station.

Let me know what you think. It probably won't be painted because my computer was dying just trying to add another piece to it. Or move around it.

Looks like you had trouble just taking pictures, too. 😛 Think we could get some bigger ones?

Yeah, I realized that I still had sketchup set to export extremely small pictures, as per making shans in my making shans topic. Seeing as it was late (I've gotta get up earlier, meaning go to bed later), I decided to wait until later, and I haven't really gotten a chance. Plus, that model is extremely hard to load for my ten year old mac, so taking those pictures over again will, well might, drive me up a wall.

Man, all you guys have inspired me to remake my Inexorable for Delphi 😛 It looks so much like a Thunderforge right now I'm freaking surprised.

I do detail cause I like strange designs and it takes more pieces to do that mostly.
That design will be for a space station. Mind you a very small one.

And as for simpler designs maybe these fighters?
The Barak:

The Skaar:

And the Cern:

I would also very much like to actually see this warship/station. Looks promising.