Spatial Rift

MMO TopDown Space-Game in Dev

been... a few years. I worked on some TCs for a good couple months on these forums back in the day.

Anyway guys, I've worked on my coding techniques and became a game programmer. Took years, but I have enough skills and good enough friends that we can put together a real game.

This game is influenced on a couple games. Starport:GE, EV:N (Whole series, not just EV), X series, freelancer, and a couple other games. Top Down, 2.5d (2d plane, 3d sprites), colonial management, module ships, and it's MMO.

www.ubersoftech.com is us. Take a look, we'll have some concept art up soon. Take a minute and post some of your ideas in the forum if you're interested. We're tying this game to a lot of what the community has to say, so your influence will go far!

Thanks guys!
-Free

Unfortunately the BnB has nothing to do with Escape Velocity. This should be moved to the EVDC.

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Jan 9 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately the BnB has nothing to do with Escape Velocity. This should be moved to the EVDC.

Arg, alright. I saw some other posts here that seemed a bit unrelated. Mods, if you could move this that'd be awesome! Sorry for that. :S :rolleyes:

looks interesting.

I see now that your name is UberSoft Tech(nology) but I definitely first read that URL as "Ubers of Tech." You might want to add another "t" to your URL. I was going to suggest registering "Ubersoft.com" but you don't really need to remind people of how much your name already sounds like UbiSoft.

What's wrong with "Ubers of Tech"?

QUOTE (darth_vader @ Jan 9 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see now that your name is UberSoft Tech(nology) but I definitely first read that URL as "Ubers of Tech." You might want to add another "t" to your URL. I was going to suggest registering "Ubersoft.com" but you don't really need to remind people of how much your name already sounds like UbiSoft.

Most likely enough already that if a commercial product is released, UbiSoft won't like it much, although you might be able to pull it off with uber being a term of it's own, rather than just a similar sounding word to ubi.

On the other hand, Ubers of Tech sounds awesome.

This post has been edited by champion : 10 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

ÜBERS OF TECH.

JAWOHL!

My friend has both domains. www.ubersoftech.com and www.ubersofttech.com But that 2nd T is a bit confusing. Shorter domain names are superior.
He has like 20 domains relating to ubersoft, so I'll have to ask. I don't maintain the website. πŸ˜›

For the time, I'll withhold opinion on whether this will be awesome or not, as it'll probably be several years before there's a functional game out there. Not enough to go on and it's better to underhype than overhype. The former leads to "AWESOME!" when you get the finished product, the other leads to "SEEEUUUCKS".

Anyway, I would like to see an EV-esque MMO get produced and succeed. So, there's my support. If there's any way to make freelance sort of contributions, I might throw some your way.

QUOTE (JoshTigerheart @ Jan 10 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the time, I'll withhold opinion on whether this will be awesome or not, as it'll probably be several years before there's a functional game out there. Not enough to go on and it's better to underhype than overhype. The former leads to "AWESOME!" when you get the finished product, the other leads to "SEEEUUUCKS".

Anyway, I would like to see an EV-esque MMO get produced and succeed. So, there's my support. If there's any way to make freelance sort of contributions, I might throw some your way.

Arpia?

I think the argument here is that generating support often generates enthusiasm, which recycles its self as interest and thus drive to complete something. It may be beneficial to create reasons to finish a project along with people to push you.

Acutally Ambrosia originally had a problem with its name and Andrew was contacted and had to change the name.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...=roundrochester
(first row on right)

And his problem wasn't even with a game company, it was with some archaic operating system.

You'll probably have to change the name.

-Syrus

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but 'www.ubersoftech.com' has been suspended. Is there a new URL for the site? I'd like to know more about this MMO.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Jan 13 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but 'www.ubersoftech.com' has been suspended. Is there a new URL for the site? I'd like to know more about this MMO.

Yeah, it's saying that you need to contact the support department ASAP and have a site name ready.

in other words, my friend Rel is broke for the moment. Start of the new college semester... those darn books cost a fortune. We'll have it back up soon. NO URL CHANGES! Just couldn't pay, it's like 35$ for all the sites he runs. I'll force him to close some of them. >:D

Alright, then. Don't run your friend or yourself out of a home though, just to run a website.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Jan 14 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, then. Don't run your friend or yourself out of a home though, just to run a website.

Too late they are college students! πŸ˜›

(They can just grab a buddies couch for a month or two...college is just one of those places in life where learning is more important than living.)

This post has been edited by Syrus : 15 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

True, I'm getting close to that situation now. Hurts, don't it?

at some point, someone should make a mod of this called spatial drift

πŸ™‚

Not going to ask.

That is, of course, an obligatory invitation for you to tell us anyway. πŸ˜‰