Spatial Rift

Forums are back up! Life should be better now. We have some renders of a basic ship IN THE CLIENT. xP
Things are getting places. 🙂

A screenshot of basic rendering..

Attached File(s)

Nice. Reminds me of the Manta from EVC as well as the Clipper from EVC. Of course, that is entirely due to the basic shape. Both the Manta and Clipper had cockpits in the front, not back.

hah! I didn't even think of that. We modeled this at like 5am a couple weeks ago, just off the top of our heads. It has a low polygon count, easy to render. We'll have more ships and more fun stuff later... We just hammered out the algorithm for inertia and changing directions. So more to come!

Great! Can't wait!

QUOTE (JoshTigerheart @ Jan 11 2010, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, I would like to see an EV-esque MMO get produced and succeed. So, there's my support. If there's any way to make freelance sort of contributions, I might throw some your way.

Armada: Online? its in alpha from like 4 years but hey - still playable, just a bit under-developed...

QUOTE (Irbis @ Jan 22 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Armada: Online? its in alpha from like 4 years but hey - still playable, just a bit under-developed...

Alpha... for four years? That's rather ridiculous. We've got flying physics now. Alpha soon.. with active development towards a beta.

Your progress is making my progress look like a snail race. By "my progress", I mean in my TC. Then again, you've got a team, I've got one person to help spellcheck.

Still, keep at it! Once you've got an alpha ready, I'll try it out and give you feedback when I have time.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 23 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Polycon-Rules @ Jan 22 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alpha... for four years? That's rather ridiculous. We've got flying physics now. Alpha soon.. with active development towards a beta.

actualy i checked it today and i made an error. its exactly 6 years now. but hey, those are just 2 guys who works for some big gaming developer and Armada is just they hobby-project. it would be good to notice that the Alpha is playble from all those years. its just the progress which is almost non-existand.
still, as for alpha the product is incredible well polished. sadly from the lack of content and grind the game becomes very borring after couple of weeks.

oh my god sorry, i know its your topic about your game - sorry for derailing 😞

Just an update. We're making progress. Here's the planet layout rendering (stress test) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOylryD0OWk...player_embedded

And here's our dev blog, for anyone interested.
http://spatialrift.ubersoftech.com/

@Polycon-Rules
Are you seriously telling me that players of Starport: Galactic Empires are actually getting banned simply because these people support your work?