Are there any good tcs for stock nova?

@oryhara, on Jun 26 2008, 11:16 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Edit- PLEASE don't kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay me 1,000 credits.

@lindley, on Jun 26 2008, 02:50 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Pay me 1,000 credits.

Win.

Seriously though, I'm assuming it was just a misinterpretation of what Josh himself said, not an indication of Oryhara's views on CTC. Not that it was a smart thing to say.

@lindley, on Jun 26 2008, 10:50 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Pay me 1,000 credits.

lower price :laugh: I 🙇 to tigerheart. his wish is my vellos slave order. 😉

@david-arthur, on Jun 26 2008, 08:59 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

oryhara's post was a paraphrase of what you yourself said six hours earlier in this same thread:

I said emphasis. He said effort. There's a massive difference.

My reaction was a bit unexpectedly strong, though this would be the first time someone said a massive project of mine required little effort (granted, it's the first said massive project I've ever completed). And the fact that I'm still not happy about it indicates that I apparently don't like it when, forgive this language that I literally haven't used anywhere in years, online or off, someone suggests I half-assed a whole or part of something I spent a long time working on.

I'm certain I wouldn't of minded a "It's crap" statement, especially if they said why they thought it was crap, since people are entitled to their own opinions and I can't expect everyone to enjoy my work. But statements like "He put in little/no effort" are something else, since those are mucking the factual.

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 26 2008, 01:54 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Given that you say 'it would have been much better' if your focus had been different, I don't think oryhara's interpretation of your words is a surprising one. I understand that you put a great deal of work into this plug-in (I was watching when EV Nova itself happened, so I know the kind of work that's involved), but I don't think it's fair to jump on someone for being confused by the wording of your own statement - it isn't as if oryhara even gave an independent judgement of your work, negative or otherwise.

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 26 2008, 01:54 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

My reaction was a bit unexpectedly strong, though this would be the first time someone said a massive project of mine required little effort (granted, it's the first said massive project I've ever completed). And the fact that I'm still not happy about it indicates that I apparently don't like it when, forgive this language that I literally haven't used anywhere in years, online or off, someone suggests I half-assed a whole or part of something I spent a long time working on.

I'm certain I wouldn't of minded a "It's crap" statement, especially if they said why they thought it was crap, since people are entitled to their own opinions and I can't expect everyone to enjoy my work. But statements like "He put in little/no effort" are something else, since those are mucking the factual.

I did not say little to no effort!!!!!!!!!! I said LESS!!!!!! yet again...... 🙇 to the all great tigerheart.........

EDIT-I did not say "half assed", I said you worked your ass off making it. This again shows how internet typing can be easily misinterpreted. :unsure:

Josh, I'm sorry if I offended you. 😞

This post has been edited by oryhara : 26 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

A word to the wise, oryhara... you've explained yourself, now leave it alone. If you keep on defending yourself, you'll probably just make matters worse.

And, even though you didn't mean what you said the way he interpreted it, a simple apology to JT couldn't hurt.

@joshtigerheart, on Jun 26 2008, 05:54 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

I said emphasis. He said effort.

And I said misinterpretation. 😉

Don't make me get out my bladed spellchecker, you two.

Oryhara, there are no TC's with 'super advanced storylines'. Probably because of the massively huge effort it takes to make a total conversion. I speak from personal experience. Pretty much the best storylines can be found in ARPIA2 for EVN, and possibly Anathema (I confess that I have not had time to play Anathema yet).

@shlimazel, on Jun 30 2008, 07:48 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Oryhara, there are no TC's with 'super advanced storylines'. Probably because of the massively huge effort it takes to make a total conversion.

It takes YEARS to make a TC. The only ones with storylines are Polycon and Colosseum. I'm not so sure about Colosseum's storyline, but Polycon's storylines have pretty bad grammar. If you mean 'actual storylines' by 'super advanced storylines', then only the expansions have that. As Shlimazel said...

@shlimazel, on Jun 30 2008, 07:48 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Pretty much the best storylines can be found in ARPIA2 for EVN, and possibly Anathema (I confess that I have not had time to play Anathema yet).

Since expansions are much smaller than TCs, there is time for some mission storylines. Like Acheron, the authors may want to get their TCs out immediately, and so forget about doing missions.

So, you're going to only find 'super advanced storylines' in Anathema and ARPIA.

Nova's storylines took a team of three a total of 3 years, and we working from a basis of more than two years prior discussions, back-story thrashing out and other work.

We also had two editors looking over the stories in written form, and a team of dedicated beta testers thrashing the hell out of them... and even now we get complaints.

oryhara, write your own.

It's not that I have complaints, it's that I've completed every mission so many times that it's starting to feel redundant and emotionless, as I've been playing nova since I was 5 (and also as long as I can remember). I'm working on a new story, though.

@shlimazel, on Jun 30 2008, 10:48 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Oryhara, there are no TC's with 'super advanced storylines'. Probably because of the massively huge effort it takes to make a total conversion. I speak from personal experience. Pretty much the best storylines can be found in ARPIA2 for EVN, and possibly Anathema (I confess that I have not had time to play Anathema yet).

I will check out both. Thank you VERY much, and yes I meant actual storylines.

@shlimazel, on Jun 30 2008, 10:48 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

I will check out both. Thank you VERY much, and yes I meant actual storylines.

Is this a new way to double-post?

Yeah, if you make multiple posts in quick succession they get merged. Sadly it doesn't bother checking to see if they're identical.

@guy, on Jul 1 2008, 05:29 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Yeah, if you make multiple posts in quick succession they get merged. Sadly it doesn't bother checking to see if they're identical.

Sorry. It was accidental. 😊

@anax, on Jun 25 2008, 10:42 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

The only one of those I have any faith in is KFL, and that's only because rik is a cool dude who already has a substantial amount of work done. Well, SFA will be finished someday as well, maybe even sooner than KFL. Pheonix has always been a dark horse, as well. But that's about all I can say.

Ashen Galaxy will be finished by the end of the year. Estimated Time to Release is, in fact, September 1st (Ä…7 days). I'm afraid some of you will be disappointed by the story though. In which case you'll have to write your own (which is the whole point of AG).

@oryhara, on Jun 24 2008, 07:04 PM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

good, lengthy story lines? Please?

Read a book.

@undead_shadow, on Jul 2 2008, 10:03 AM, said in Are there any good tcs for stock nova?:

Read a book.

Go ###### a tree. 😉 (Some people do- if you look at a certain b&b topic)

This post has been edited by oryhara : 03 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

I am planning on having a major emphasis on story in EV: Apophis. I have been planning it out for about 3 years now.