MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available

Oooookay... That kinda sucks for having more resource numbers available though.

EDIT: Why would you want to take RLEs down to pict sprites, btw? PICTs are so bulky.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 06 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

@captjosh, on Jun 6 2008, 02:08 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

Question: when working with spin resources, when set to rleD, shouldn't the mask ID be set to -1? If so, I can't do that. It won't let me set it lower than 0.

The mask ID is ignored for RLE graphics, but still the rejection of negative numbers in that field is a bug, which I've easily fixed. In other news, the wëap editor is close to fully rigged, so I hope to be able to take it live sometime during the next week, after which point it shouldn't be too long to the next alpha.

@captjosh, on Jun 6 2008, 03:11 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

Why would you want to take RLEs down to pict sprites, btw? PICTs are so bulky.

To modify them.

@david-arthur, on Jun 6 2008, 03:18 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

In other news, the wëap editor is close to fully rigged, so I hope to be able to take it live sometime during the next week, after which point it shouldn't be too long to the next alpha.

Have I told you lately that I greatly appreciate what you're doing?

Here's hoping the Intel-code is stable. =D

BTW, I've discovered that the problem with the random close isn't as random as we think. I can edit plenty of different resources. The unexpected quit seems to come more from rapidly opening and closing plugins as a whole. If I just leave the data files open in MC, I don't see the unexpected quit. So it seems to be something to do with closing a lot of plugins in rapid succession. Hope that helps you narrow it down.

Interesting... I've tweaked the window management code a bit, so we'll have to see how thing work in the next alpha.

Hope that's out soon. I discovered something odd. I couldn't have used Nova Tools properly even if I wanted to. They're missing a template for the spin resource.

So I went to check whether my alpha copy was up to date before reporting a bug, and this is what I found....

Posted Image

So perhaps you have larger issues to deal with, DA, but, uh, here's what I was going to report:

As I mentioned recently in another thread, MC's tip for the "Graphic" field in the weap resource is wrong; the spins associated with weaps start at 3000, not 200. The Nova Bible gets this right (this time):

Graphic What graphic set to use for this weapon
0-255 Use this graphic set (i.e. spin resources 3000-3255)

@dr--trowel, on Jun 10 2008, 12:43 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

So perhaps you have larger issues to deal with, DA, but, uh, here's what I was going to report:

As I mentioned recently in another thread, MC's tip for the "Graphic" field in the weap resource is wrong; the spins associated with weaps start at 3000, not 200. The Nova Bible gets this right (this time):

I've written to EVula about the site; as for the wëap template, that text is probably left over from the Override Bible, but in any case it's not much of an issue, since that will be giving way to the new wëap editor shortly.

I do hope that mean that there's a new alpha or even a beta right around the corner. This is cool stuff, software testing.

@captjosh, on Jun 10 2008, 02:33 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

I do hope that mean that there's a new alpha or even a beta right around the corner.

Yes, I'm just finishing rigging the wëap editor. Provided it behaves properly when I take it live, there should be another alpha quite soon - and there aren't too many features left before I can declare beta.

And EVula has got the site back up again.

On all counts, one word of response. Sweet!

I present the MissionComputer wëap editor for EV Nova , which made a successful maiden flight this afternoon.
Attached File weap_editor.jpg (241.82K)
Number of downloads: 39

Expect alpha 7 within the next few days. 🙂

Lookin good. I can hardly wait to test, as I have to start renumbering resources for making Clavius compatible with rEVisited. Not difficult, but horribly tedious.

Can I get a w00t w00t?

That is awesome! You're definitely switching it over to a more user-friendly interface. Good work.

Looks nice 🙂
But seriously, don't fire at fast ships is leftover from EVO and not valid in Nova 😉

Is there any explicit support for negative subtheta?

This post has been edited by Guy : 12 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

@0101181920, on Jun 11 2008, 10:16 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

That is awesome! You're definitely switching it over to a more user-friendly interface. Good work.

Not needing to fit it onto a 640x480 screen has helped a lot. 🙂

@guy, on Jun 12 2008, 03:47 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

But seriously, don't fire at fast ships is leftover from EVO and not valid in Nova 😉

It's in the specification, and it would be inappropriate for me to leave it out — what if a future update started honouring it again?

@guy, on Jun 12 2008, 03:47 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0a6 - latest alpha now available:

Is there any explicit support for negative subtheta?

The help tag explains the two possible values (and SubTheta is a complicated enough concept that anyone who doesn't already know how it works will at least need to read the help tag anyway).