Escape Velocity: Collision

Yep. I did. Ate lots of candy, and felt sick a lot. 😉

Hm, just a regular update, nothing really new. My cast comes off Tuesday -- I can finally type 50-60 gwam again. I don't know what 'gwam' means, but I know at the moment I'm typing about 30.

Still looking forward to Collision, but I've been really preoccupied lately -- I can't focus on anything. And even if I could, I have way too much HW. Sorry. Did I mention how much I hate the weekends...?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah. I think that describes my mood at the moment better than any word in the English language. Other than 'fine'. (But a dejected kind of 'fine' -- in other words, nothing is horrible, but nothing's good, either.)

Hm, thinkin' about EV when I can (which is not often). RL threw me a curveball -- a nasty one -- kind-of-but-not-really-recently. I saw it coming. It didn't help. It occupies my thoughts 90% of the day, and all night. Not much I can do about it, sorry. It's all I can do to keep my grades up. EV is an afterthought each day.

Um...something Collision related...ah...er...huh....

Sorry guys, I got nothing. Check out my page on the EVN wiki, I meant for it to summarize, but it ended up with more info than there is on those parts of this thread. Sorry for this seemingly pointless post; I needed to vent. And for something other than that to think about, even if only for a couple of minutes.

Weekends are unbearable.

Gah, it's driving me nuts!

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 18 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

shudders

I really need to vent about something. But don't worry, I won't trouble you guys with it.

'Bridge, if trying to get this thing out the door is driving you insane, take a break from it. You'll be glad you did.

Even JTH himself found that working on Colosseum 24/7 is not the best decision to make.

Hahaha. Oh no, it has nothing to do with EV. Thanks for posting, though; I felt like I was talking to a big empty box for the past couple of weeks. Wait....

Sorry about that 'bridge, I found a better cardboard box to move into and forgot to tell you to talk to that one.

Mine got run over by a dumptruck. 😛

anyway, I agree with warlord mike. Take a break. I had to postpone my project for nearly 2 months, and it's done me a world of good.

Salutations,

-YŘDA-

Oh, you guys are such comedians....

I don't need a break from EVC. I'm pretty much already on a break from EVC. RL first, you know? EVC is a little post-it on the back of my mind.

It's RL (or at least one aspect of it) that's driving me nuts. Unfortunately, you can't take a break from RL -- and I'm not sure I'd want to. If I could forget everything that's happened over the past month or so....Yeah, I'd like that. Back when everything was so clear, and I had it all figured out. A few days ago I kind of tried to do a mind-dump and forget everything I thought I knew, remembering only what I'm sure about. It may have worked if not for the conversation I had yesterday with my sister, the Queen of Pessimism and Self-Doubt. And/or a rather distressing dream I had Thursday morning. I'm trying to hold it together, but I'm starting to crack. It's not good.

I think I just have to hold out till school on Monday...then everything will make sense again.
Or I'll need therapy. That's a possibility, too.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 24 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

I can do hypnosis....

You see the watch...

You lose your mental faculties...

You take a good long break, and are refreshed...

You are overwhelmed by the uncontrollable urge to buy me a MacBook Pro...

How do you propose I take a "good long break" from life...?

I just really need to see someone, maybe exchange a few words with her....Y'know, just make sure she's...alright. Then I need to have a looooong conversation with her loudmouth best friend...heh, that'll be interesting.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 25 November 2007 - 11:48 AM

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Woo!

Okay, I'm back. And feeling better than I have in quite a while. It's the old SB21 again. Didja miss me??

Long live Ory'Hara!!

Starbridge, I'm not quite sure how to break this to you, but without updates on your project we don't have a reason to miss you. If you can't work on it now maybe just not post till you have something to show. Just a thought.

For example, if you show off a picture of a cool ship, then leave, we'll miss you 😉

Hahaha, that's a good point. I should be having more updates now, though, especially now that my arm's almost healed (A few more days ought to do it).

As for ship designs/pictures...well, I can't do those on my own. I'll be 'hiring' other people to do that. Of course, no one's going to take the job until I have something to show for my work...like an alpha release. And, also of course, I'm nowhere near having an alpha yet. Haven't even started coding. Not sure when I will. Anyway, as far as updates go for a little while, expect me to fill in the gaps on my evn wiki page. Then , after I've finished working out the kinks in the story, I'll start with the coding. Hopefully.

I have got a lot of school work this year: AP Chem, honors physics, honors pre-calc, honors US history....the list goes on. And RL is no walk in the park.

Hahaha, that's a good point. I should be having more updates now, though, especially now that my arm's almost healed (A few more days ought to do it).

Good, I look forward to hearing about it then.

And RL is no walk in the park.

It's keeping me from working on EVHalo ATM.

@starbridge21, on Dec 1 2007, 11:22 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

As for ship designs/pictures...well, I can't do those on my own. I'll be 'hiring' other people to do that. Of course, no one's going to take the job until I have something to show for my work...like an alpha release. And, also of course, I'm nowhere near having an alpha yet. Haven't even started coding. Not sure when I will. Anyway, as far as updates go for a little while, expect me to fill in the gaps on my evn wiki page. Then , after I've finished working out the kinks in the story, I'll start with the coding. Hopefully.

I have got a lot of school work this year: AP Chem, honors physics, honors pre-calc, honors US history....the list goes on. And RL is no walk in the park.

where is your evn wiki page? I can't find it.

@shlimazel, on Dec 1 2007, 11:29 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

It's keeping me from working on EVHalo ATM.

It's keeping me from thinking straight at the moment. No, I take that back, it's keeping me from thinking about anything except one aspect. Not that I mind, it's nice to think about, but I couldn't stop if I wanted to...and I kind of don't want to.

@lnsu, on Dec 1 2007, 11:55 AM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

where is your evn wiki page? I can't find it.

Try "User:Starbridge21". Or this link. Or both, whatever floats your boat.

@starbridge21, on Dec 1 2007, 09:10 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

It's keeping me from thinking straight at the moment. No, I take that back, it's keeping me from thinking about anything except one aspect. Not that I mind, it's nice to think about, but I couldn't stop if I wanted to...and I kind of don't want to.

What a strange way to say the world "female".

@crusader-alpha, on Dec 2 2007, 06:43 PM, said in Escape Velocity: Collision:

What a strange way to say the world "female".

Stranger ways have been fabricated, my intuitive friend.

Yes, I know it was fairly obvious. I also don't care.

Forget I even mentioned it.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 06 December 2007 - 04:41 PM