A Halo TC may be in the works

A Halo plug, huh?

Hmm...

Perhaps you should do something with those Rebel guys (United Rebel Front) mentioned in the books, in addition to the obvious UNSC and Covenant forces. I highly doubt there is a particular shortage of other such renegades either, on either side (the Covenant has heretics to deal with, after all). Remember that.

Oh, and the ship-borne variant of the Longsword typically doesn't have a slip-space drive (both a cost- and space-saving measure), although I'm certain that the ship is not incapable of fitting one.

As for all you people who think that the Longsword it too squat; remember that it is a heavy-bomber, and an atmospheric flight-capable one at that. It should be expected that it would take after a B-2 Spirit Bomber more than a F/A-18 Hornet. Its designed for ship-to-ship combat, not an interceptor role.

Perhaps you should do something with those Rebel guys (United Rebel Front) mentioned in the books, in addition to the obvious UNSC and Covenant forces.

I had the idea of making there be some relatively unhappy colonies which aren't in danger of being attacked by the Covenant. In the area on the other side of earth from the front there would be more pirates and things, and you might be ordered to deal with some gunrunning and piracy. Most of the time, though, the UNSC will be fighting the Covenant. I don't have the books, so any info you can give me on the rebel dudes would be handy.

I highly doubt there is a particular shortage of other such renegades either, on either side (the Covenant has heretics to deal with, after all). Remember that.

You'll be playing an Elite as a Covenant player, so in the beginning you might need to deal with some heretics, but later on, after the Covenant Civil War (Great Schism) you will BE a heretic.

Oh, and the ship-borne variant of the Longsword typically doesn't have a slip-space drive (both a cost- and space-saving measure), although I'm certain that the ship is not incapable of fitting one.

My idea was that as a UNSC Fighter Squadron Commander, you spearhead a Tactical Squadron which is equipped with Slipspace drives. Bay-born Longswords that you would launch as a cruiser captain don't have the drives.

As for all you people who think that the Longsword it too squat; remember that it is a heavy-bomber, and an atmospheric flight-capable one at that. It should be expected that it would take after a B-2 Spirit Bomber more than a F/A-18 Hornet. Its designed for ship-to-ship combat, not an interceptor role.

It does seem to be used as an interceptor though, rightly or not. The UNSC Navy ships seem to have been built originally for a planetary attack role, not ship to ship combat role (though I could be mistaken.). Most of their onboard weapons seem geared for bombardment rather than anti-ship missions, especially considering the lack of medium weapons like turrets.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 29 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

I would recommend doing some more research. Honestly, if you can, play the next two games to figure out what they did with the story. Also, read the books. Also, don't tell me what happens in Halo 3.

Also, read the Cortana Letters: http://marathon.bung...ry/cortana.html. Check out how (or if, perhaps) Halo relates to Marathon. Do some character analysis on characters from the books. Read everything bungie has ever posted on Halo details or the Halo story.

"THIS... is how the world ends."

I had the idea of making there be some relatively unhappy colonies which aren't in danger of being attacked by the Covenant.

It stuck me that I should elaborate on that. Basically, since they are in no danger of being attacked they are becoming resentful of the economic strain the UNSC is putting on them. They are putting some thought into a little viva la rebellion.

I would recommend doing some more research. Honestly, if you can, play the next two games to figure out what they did with the story. Also, read the books. Also, don't tell me what happens in Halo 3.

Also, read the Cortana Letters: http://marathon.bung...ry/cortana.html. Check out how (or if, perhaps) Halo relates to Marathon. Do some character analysis on characters from the books. Read everything bungie has ever posted on Halo details or the Halo story.

Good advice. I don't have the Halo books, but I plan on asking for the Halo novels, graphic novel, and art book for christmas. I've been doing a lot of research on the universe and background via Halopedia (if you haven't ever gone there and you care even a little about Halo, go there. It is awesome, though you need to do a lot of searching to get the most out of it.).

Oh, and here's an idea I had earlier. Basically it builds on an idea Delphi had back on EVN.net.

So, you have a large background planet graphic, which cannot be landed on. Then, you have invisible spobs located on the graphic. This allows you to make cities.

Now, we make a planet killing weapon. It uses a dropship graphic and flies very slow, but only a few 'dropships' would be enough to kill the spob.

Now, when you kill the spob, the destroyed version of the spob is the captured version of the spob. Get it?

This would be handy for mission based conquering.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

@crusader-alpha, on Oct 30 2007, 12:16 AM, said in A Halo TC may be in the works:

That's cool. Cortana was a sword forged from the same steel as Durindana.

Cosmic Nuisance, if I go into the Marathon/Halo relation in the TC I know who to call to help out with the Marathon angle. 😉

Assuming that you would be interested, of course.

Natch? Sorry, I dinna ken.

{edit}

Ah, I see.

Natch (na ch)
adverb
informal term for naturally.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

@shlimazel, on Oct 30 2007, 11:46 AM, said in A Halo TC may be in the works:

Cosmic Nuisance, if I go into the Marathon/Halo relation in the TC I know who to call to help out with the Marathon angle. 😉

Assuming that you would be interested, of course.

Natch. 😉

I think Reach was the last human world that stood between the Covenant and Earth.

I like the conquer/capture idea.

I think Reach was the last human world that stood between the Covenant and Earth.

Yes, but the Pillar of Autumn lead the Covenant away from Earth. Right? I don't know how the Covies found the location of Earth, or when. That would be useful information.

I like the conquer/capture idea.

Thanks! Of course, I can't take all the credit.

The covenant discovered Earth at the very beginning of Halo 2.

Ok, thanks.

No problem. As I haven't played Halo 3 I don't know much after Halo 2, and you'd like to keep spoilers to a minimum so I won't say more about Halo 2, but there are some interesting things about the universe and the way that the story unfolds that you would find useful in creating the plug.

Okay, I appreciate you keeping spoilers to a minimum. Hopefully I'll have the cash for an Xbox 360+Halo Legendary Edition in around 2, maybe 2.5 months. At that time I'll abolish the Minimum Spoilers rule 😉

Though maybe other people would appreciate having few spoilers.

Well, even I would, in regards to Halo 3 anyway.

Well, even I would, in regards to Halo 3 anyway.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about. Not everyone has <insert thing you don't want to read spoilers about here>.

@crusader-alpha, on Oct 30 2007, 03:09 PM, said in A Halo TC may be in the works:

The covenant discovered Earth at the very beginning of Halo 2.

Actually, judging by the events of Halo: First Strike , the Covies located Earth either during the fighting on Halo or soon after the Chief blew it in half. Remember the Covie space station I mentioned earlier? It was called the Unyielding Hierophant , and was being used as a staging point for a massive Covenant attack fleet that was intending to attack Earth, and very soon. The Master Chief took half a dozen of the surviving Spartans, infiltrated the station with a duplicate of Cortana (a trick she learned from the Covie AI she destroyed), and set off the station's self-destruct sequence. The Ascendant Justice was used as a lure to get most of the enemy forces within the blast radius.

The battle at the Unyielding Hierophant was the main reason the Battle of Earth at the beginning of Halo II was a primarily infantry action aboard the space stations: the Covies lost a huge portion of their forces in that sector, so they resorted to using their warships as a diversion while landing craft destroyed the orbital MAC guns with bombs.

This post has been edited by StarSword : 30 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

The Covenant seem to have discovered Earth's location from Forerunner artifacts. Possibly the Sigma Octanus artifact that John recovered in Fall of Reach. The Covvies discovered Reach in the same manner: a Forerunner artifact containing the coordinates of a Forerunner installation which is coincidentally hidden under a Human controlled world.

I'm not sure I would necessarily say coincidentally.

Coincidentally from the point of view of the humans in the story.