A Halo TC may be in the works

holds breath

continues holding breath

Keep that up and you'll pass out. Actually, if you have been holding your breath for 17 days, you are dead. I'll let the B&B know via a topic complete with a "How much did you like him, anyway?" poll.

@shlimazel, on Dec 16 2007, 02:50 PM, said in A Halo TC may be in the works:

Keep that up and you'll pass out. Actually, if you have been holding your breath for 17 days, you are dead. I'll let the B&B know via a topic complete with a "How much did you like him, anyway?" poll.

Win.

Just a heads up! You will all be happy to learn that since I got the Halo boxed trilogy and Ghosts of Onyx for christmas, I am back in a mood to work on EVHalo. I'll post updates when I have them

BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I have recently begun reading the novels (finished the first one a week or two ago, just sat down and read it straight through one day). They are no masterful works of fiction, but they are pretty darn good entertainment, and they give a lot of information. I would say you should read at least the first one before you start making too much plot for your TC.

With the books in hand, I have to agree with Mrxak about their quality. They're a good read, and give a lot of information, but hardly epics. I still am going to start the TC in 2551, so that you can fight alongside of human ships rather than be fried on your lonesome.

My first objective is to model the UNSC Frigate. Updates will follow.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 25 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

Here's what I've got so far. I feel I should note that the the UNSC Frigate is my favourite UNSC ship. Also, here's a link to my reference photo (warning, very high resolution!)

I am reconsidering whether or not to make the ships inertialess. Mrxak has a point about the books making it very clear that the ships have inertia. So that is going back to the drawing board. Also, I need to balance the longsword against the seraph.

The UNSC Frigate is getting there.

I find it ironic that people complain about having no updates, then don't post when they get them.

Anyway, this is the more or less complete UNSC Frigate.

Here's the UNSC Frigate ingame. Also, note that in Halopedia it says that UNSC Frigates had variants with altered payloads. I think I'll use that feature.

I noticed the ship has no shields. It's been recently discovered that ships with no shields have issues with escape pods. Namely, ejecting from a 0 shield ship will cause the ship you enter after ejecting to immediately explode.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I could probably get away with one point of shields to resolve that problem, thanks for the heads up.

Sweet. More renderings. I hope this turns out as well as Spacelane Mercenaries.

Me, too! That'd make you happy.

I would be happy with a TC.

Well, it is coming along. Now that I have read the books I can start thinking about the story. But I'm doing things my own way, which means that you'd better be ready to see a lot of renders.

Yeah, okay dude. "Your own way" means "I disreguard the advice of people who have seen even more dedicated people than I go down in flames because I want making a TC to be all fun and graphics".

Good ######ing luck.

Wow.

Humble suggestion: find one or two other people on the forum who are familiar with the Halo universe (games and supplemental reading) and can write stuff (that shouldn't be too hard). Then give them a bunch of overarching goals and design considerations, and get them to start laying out a map and planning out storylines. Then you can continue working on graphics all you want, and the chances you quit because you hit something you might not like to do as much (writing, for example) diminishes.

I'm sure, if you ask, you'll find help.

@rmx256, on Jan 4 2008, 06:04 PM, said in A Halo TC may be in the works:

Wow.

It's frustrating. And we've had these talks before, shlimazel and I.