Vaporize the Vaporwarers!

I am new on these forums, but that is not to say I am new to EV and the associated community. So, I'll put this politely...

I WILL COME AFTER ANYONE WHO COMES UP WITH A GOOD IDEA, GETS ME ALL EXCITED ABOUT IT, THEN STOPS AFTER FINISHING HALF THE TC!

Andcarne: Make that Aftermath happen! And whoever was doing Genesis... get that on too!

Come on, at least tell everybody you are quiting instead of just leaving your website the same forever.

This post has been edited by Incogitor : 14 November 2006 - 10:21 PM

Don't make foolish demands.

I'm with pipeline. Sorry, man.

Thats hardly polite. :mad:

What a load of piffle.

There's a philosophical description for the first post and that's Hogwash. You obviously have no idea what so ever about how hard it is to make something as large and AM, ARPIA2, or Genesis. So I suggest that you pack up your bags until you do know how hard it is.

@incogitor, on Nov 14 2006, 10:16 PM, said in Vaporize the Vaporwarers!:

And whoever was doing Genesis... get that on too!

I assure you that someone is working on it...they just happen to have alot of school work to do right now. 😉

This is just a game. Life comes first. What a load of crap demanding people must considure your demand for a game add-on before all else. Also it is bad form to make demands of someone who is doing something for free.

How about instead that we vote Incogitor a ban for being a total idiot.

Let's wait until he gets back. If he tries to defend his position by practically reposting what he has already said we give him a karma slap of doom. If he apologizes we let the critter go.

This is just a game. Life comes first. What a load of crap demanding people must considure your demand for a game add-on before all else.

Thank you.

@incogitor, on Nov 14 2006, 10:16 PM, said in Vaporize the Vaporwarers!:

I WILL COME AFTER ANYONE WHO COMES UP WITH A GOOD IDEA, GETS ME ALL EXCITED ABOUT IT, THEN STOPS AFTER FINISHING HALF THE TC!

Maybe you shouldn't be getting too excited about things that might not happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the TCs that I know are going to follow through, like Kemet, Aftermath, Arpia II, and a few others. But the biweekly TC announcement with a cool name and a mediocre preamble I'm not going to get too excited about.

@jacabyte, on Nov 15 2006, 12:17 PM, said in Vaporize the Vaporwarers!:

Let's wait until he gets back. If he tries to defend his position by practically reposting what he has already said we give him a karma slap of doom. If he apologizes we let the critter go.

Agreed.

So is it common practice to include a preamble in TC announcements?

I think that including a preamble in an announcement should only occur if the announcement is made after all principle writing is completed. If I had included any of my 'preambles' in my announcement something like three or four years ago they would be totally irrelevant today because of changes in direction that this thing has taken. I would suspect that others would have the same problem.

I agree with that one. Just making sure. Although I don't know why I asked, because I don't see what I would have gained had the answer been any different. I guess I'm tired.

Incognitor is going to be surprised when he comes back and there's a conversation of replies on his topic about giving him a giant karma slap of doom. Or maybe people say that all the time about him.

@rmx256, on Nov 15 2006, 08:43 PM, said in Vaporize the Vaporwarers!:

I think that including a preamble in an announcement should only occur if the announcement is made after all principle writing is completed. If I had included any of my 'preambles' in my announcement something like three or four years ago they would be totally irrelevant today because of changes in direction that this thing has taken. I would suspect that others would have the same problem.

Agreed thrice, story lines and histories change with the whim of a thought. Posting some of your writing unless it is just for checking, is completely premature if in fact the whole of the composition is not complete.

@destroyerminkey, on Nov 15 2006, 10:57 PM, said in Vaporize the Vaporwarers!:

Incognitor is going to be surprised when he comes back and there's a conversation of replies on his topic about giving him a giant karma slap of doom. Or maybe people say that all the time about him.

Or maybe he went and made a new account as to hide his now stained identity... 😉

heh... Right, well, just because he was so rude. I'm going to stop developing EV4. Good job.

Perhaps I should apologize... I was somewhat angry after going to a website full of cool TCs and then finding that they would never come out. Ranting without thought is not the wisest thing to do.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people not thinking of the work involved in developing a TC. They announce, they make a website, show screenshots...then nothing. A month passes...two...
I understand how hard it is to make even a simple plugin. I've done a few. But I don't announce them till I'm done. As for those TC's that are still on for some future date...Good job. I'm looking forward to your stuff.

Karma slap of doom? Karma is not delt out by man, but perhaps I deserve the slap all the same.

This post has been edited by Incogitor : 16 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Karma = warn meter. On the old UBB forums, the system of rating users was called karma; you could have good karma or bad karma, the latter of which would improve with time.