3000tc progress log... and cry for help.

Hopefully someone's exited about it... somewhere...

Work on my TC, nameless but dubbed 3000, is progressing slower than planned, but Im making progress.
I haven't been able to enlist anyone to do graphics, but here's the updated progress log-

Moved.

I'm still working on my ships, but the graphics are an embarassment- mostly from EVO and the numerous "ships for plugin-makers" I downloaded.

For more info, click here...
If anyone would like to do graphics for an incredible TC, or you'd like more info, Send me a message on these boards, Email me at Redchigh@juno.com, or knock on my door.

This post has been edited by -REDCHIGH- : 28 November 2007 - 04:35 PM

Sweet. Another.

@lobf, on Sep 22 2006, 05:55 AM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

Sweet. Another.

😛 At some point, a crazy person will go through the entire ASW boards and find the number of TCs for EVN. We'll all be stunned by the answer. And that won't even include the hundreds of ones from the old ev-nova.net boards!

In my experience, the three major hurtles for a TC are:

-Ship/Station graphics (far harder for a novice to fake skill at than planets)
-Misns
-Planet descs/bars.

If you can't handle one of those yourself, try moving on to a different one. People will be more willing to help once you've shown a certain amount of commitment to the project.

Heh, I read it as 3000th TC progress log. Sounds about right number wise.

Word of advice, finish your TC first, then ask for graphics, while showing around the finished product. People are more likely to want to make graphics for it if they know it's not going vapourware like the other 2990-odd TCs out there.

In my experience it's maintaining motivation and not getting sidetracked on things such as novels, et cetera. Knowing when enough content is enough and not adding any more and just concentrating on what makes the TC tick is also a hurdle.

I've started the spobs/syst/bar and planet desc with EVO Galactic Map (or whatever the new one is called..)
It's been hard for me to set up the economy for planets... and come up with original names (but I've gotten it down...)

Now misns... Those are going to take some time... but I'm confident I can do them. Ah well... its hard to type when you work 10-6 shifts... (I work a small amount of time every day...)
Sorry, another rant. I'll get back to plug-in making...

@lindley, on Sep 22 2006, 08:26 AM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

-Planet descs/bars.

Colosseum got over that one nicely, having a grand total of five stations/planets, and may have less at release. 🙂

I think for mine my biggest hurdle is weapons and outfits, since I'm trying to come up with unique weapons for use in the TC. Then making variants of the ships to use them...

Good job on what you've done so far, but don't get complacent because you've done quite a bit. Its still a long way for you to go on a decent sized TC.

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 23 2006, 10:38 AM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

I think for mine my biggest hurdle is weapons and outfits, since I'm trying to come up with unique weapons for use in the TC. Then making variants of the ships to use them...

Yea, it was really tough to do the ships and outfits... I think of new outfits every day...
I wrote all of that down on paper before I started coding... If only the Yoo-Hoo incident had been prevented...

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 23 2006, 10:38 AM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

Good job on what you've done so far, but don't get complacent because you've done quite a bit. Its still a long way for you to go on a decent sized TC.

Thanks. I needed some encouragement...
My mouse died yesterday... so I've been coding in resedit with the keyboard and arrow keys...

Yea, it was really tough to do the ships and outfits... I think of new outfits every day...
I wrote all of that down on paper before I started coding... If only the Yoo-Hoo incident had been prevented...

Thanks. I needed some encouragement...
My mouse died yesterday... so I've been coding in resedit with the keyboard and arrow keys...

If your using OSX, you can enable mouse keys in the universal access preference pane. then you can use the numpad to mouse.

Or just enable full keyboard navigation which is probably faster once you get used to it.

Im just using keyboard navigation. OS 8.6... but my mouse decided to begin working and now Im almost dont with all the ships...
just two governments left.

Wired basic mice are pretty cheap. I think the apple basic mouse (previously the pro mouse) is something around $5.

8.6, eh? So is that an ADB mouse?

@lnsu, on Sep 30 2006, 02:38 PM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

apple basic mouse (previously the pro mouse)

Actually, they're different. The Pro mouse has a sensitivity adjustment "knob" on the bottom, hence the name; the basic Apple mouse does not.

@orcaloverbri9, on Oct 2 2006, 02:46 AM, said in 3000tc progress log... and cry for help.:

Actually, they're different. The Pro mouse has a sensitivity adjustment "knob" on the bottom, hence the name; the basic Apple mouse does not.

That's what that does!