lots of typing

I am currently using ResEdit with Nova Tools installed because mission computer is really slow on my computer. In ResEdit whenever one makes a new resource it starts at 128 and goes up from there. Normally this is not such a problem but lately I have been making a lot of spďns for weapons and I will soon be adding many spďns for planets. When I make these I type in the resource number they need to be, like 3000 and up for weapons. Not so much work if your only making six or seven weapons but when you have close to 70, typing in 3000 to 3070 everytime you make a new resource gets really tedious. I was wondering if there was a way for the resource to just go to the next number instead of flipping back to 128?

No.

Ah, bum.
Thanks though.

im not sure about nova tools, but when you use EVNEW and you put a new desc resource, the defualt is ID 128. BUt put in a different ID and then close that one. The next time you create a desc, it will be the next number after the highest desc resource on the page. But that only works if the highest resource isnt the highest possible arleady.

I thought EVNEW was for the PC?

it is, so it depends on your preference. If you have a pc available, i would use ev new on that and then use wootware on the mac. You could get pretty far into plugin making doing that.
OR....
You could use the rezilla custom editor that Zacha Pedro made. It looks really nice and might zoom u along your plugin making. 😄

Hmm I might just do that.
Rezilla here I come...

EDIT: Humpf I can't seem to download it. Nevermind. Later when I have more time to read...

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 30 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

Rezilla can set RIDs in the manner you want, but NovaTools is a better editor. I would strongly recommend not attempting to use both EVNEW and any Mac editor for the same plug, partly because of the hassle of conversion, and partly because NovaTools and MissionComputer are both better than EVNEW in most areas.

Another thing you might want to try is ConText and ResStore, which can turn your plug-in into a spreadsheet and back, which would allow you to change the RIDs of all your spďns with a single "Fill Special".

Edwards

Ooooh I like it.
Thank you.

Good,
oh frikin A! Theres a trojan on this topic cuase it just infected my frikin computer....and lucky was destroyed. But last time there was 3 that came on., or atleast. this i hope nowhere else.... <_<

@chronodrago, on Jul 2 2006, 04:00 PM, said in lots of typing:

oh frikin A! Theres a trojan on this topic cuase it just infected my frikin computer....and lucky was destroyed. But last time there was 3 that came on., or atleast. this i hope nowhere else.... <_<

Pardon my saying this bluntly but what the ######?

@prophile, on Jul 2 2006, 01:22 PM, said in lots of typing:

Pardon my saying this bluntly but what the ######?

Over the past few days, the forums have been hacked several times, with the intent of spreading a Windows trojan or virus. As of today, seems to be a poorly-planned attack in progress, which is trying to redirect your browser to a script on another site that will download the trojan onto your computer. The poorly-planned bit is that their server seems to be down, and has been for most of the duration of the attack.

I'm not quite sure why chonodrago interrupted his post to tell us he had been infected, but didn't bother to finish his original idea.

Edwards

well acutally i wasnt redirected, i was on the same broswer webpage and it came in.... And actually i was basically done with what i was oging to say, Im happy he fixed his problem so i said good. 😄 And if there was more to write i would have to have done it later becuase my computer was laggin like he|| becuase of the dam trojan trying to keep downloading and so i had to do an emergency type shut down. <_<
sry bout that though.

This post has been edited by chronodrago : 02 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

@edwards, on Jul 2 2006, 10:18 PM, said in lots of typing:

Over the past few days, the forums have been hacked several times, with the intent of spreading a Windows trojan or virus. As of today, seems to be a poorly-planned attack in progress, which is trying to redirect your browser to a script on another site that will download the trojan onto your computer. The poorly-planned bit is that their server seems to be down, and has been for most of the duration of the attack.

I'm not quite sure why chonodrago interrupted his post to tell us he had been infected, but didn't bother to finish his original idea.

Edwards

Ouch, frankly.

I'm not a big fan of Invision, I much prefer phpBB.

@sp3cies, on Jun 30 2006, 02:55 AM, said in lots of typing:

I am currently using ResEdit with Nova Tools installed because mission computer is really slow on my computer. In ResEdit whenever one makes a new resource it starts at 128 and goes up from there. Normally this is not such a problem but lately I have been making a lot of spďns for weapons and I will soon be adding many spďns for planets. When I make these I type in the resource number they need to be, like 3000 and up for weapons. Not so much work if your only making six or seven weapons but when you have close to 70, typing in 3000 to 3070 everytime you make a new resource gets really tedious. I was wondering if there was a way for the resource to just go to the next number instead of flipping back to 128?

yes, fill up the intervening space (IE, 128-2999) with a bunch of crap resources,and delete them later.

@prophile, on Jul 3 2006, 03:09 PM, said in lots of typing:

Ouch, frankly.

I'm not a big fan of Invision, I much prefer phpBB.

PunBB is the way to go. Its so, not known that theere aren't any exploits.