What is a Mini-TC?

And have any been completed?

Is a mini-TC just a new world that has a LOT of null feilds for stuff that exists in EVN? Or something else entirely?

Basically, the phrase means whatever the person using it wants it to mean, I'm afraid. The whole 'TC' terminology is silly enough as it is, without adding qualifiers to it.

A TC is something that uses none of the original nova files. A mini-TC is something that uses none of the original files, but doesnt add all that much in its place. A complete new universe that isn't all that big, but is entirely different from what was there before.

Mi-ni T-C n.

1. A Total Conversion completed in less than 4 years.

2. Elvish for "Spank the kitty."

3. A Total Conversion that actually gets finished.

This post has been edited by tycho61uk : 12 December 2005 - 03:45 PM

4. A myth.

5. see also Absolute Minimum

6. Something I probably won't get to do anytime soon...

The smallest possible TC:
One system
One spob
One ship
One mission
One outfit
One cron
One fleet
One weapon
One pers

And one brand new challenge or game element that doesn't exist in Nova.

Martin Turner, on Dec 12 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

View Post

Wiser words were never spoken.

What's the crΓΆn for, though?

In my opinion a mini-TC is any total conversion that is under 30 meg download size. Or takes less than six months to produce.

Martin Turner, on Dec 12 2005, 03:46 PM, said:

One system
One spob
One ship
One mission
One outfit
One cron
One fleet
One weapon
One pers

View Post

So THAT's the missing element. πŸ˜„ Would a good storyline and multilinearity count? Or should I consult The Non Technical EVN Bible?

Are you comparing 'good storyline' to 'game element that doesn't exist in Nova'? πŸ˜›

Hamster, on Dec 13 2005, 08:44 AM, said:

Are you comparing 'good storyline' to 'game element that doesn't exist in Nova'? πŸ˜›
View Post

No, Nova has a perfectly good story. A good and DIFFERENT storyline, however... πŸ˜›

rmx256, on Dec 13 2005, 12:04 AM, said:

In my opinion a mini-TC is any total conversion that is under 30 meg download size. Or takes less than six months to produce.
View Post

Hey. I made one that was only 11 MB. Of course, that was back in the days of 28k modems.

Kalvin Trismegustos, on Dec 13 2005, 02:40 AM, said:

So THAT's the missing element. πŸ˜„ Would a good storyline and multilinearity count? Or should I consult The Non Technical EVN Bible?
View Post

That would be the single mission, for the minimum size TC.

BTW The Old Professor, in TOPS Mods for EV, created a major scenario that was less than 50k.

Martin Turner, on Dec 13 2005, 01:05 PM, said:

Hey. I made one that was only 11 MB. Of course, that was back in the days of 28k modems.
View Post

That was also bigger than the base scenereo, right? πŸ™‚

EVO TC's follow different rules. πŸ˜‰

And are more precious so far...

Martin Turner, on Dec 12 2005, 05:46 PM, said:

One system
One spob
One ship
One mission
One outfit
One cron
One fleet
One weapon
One pers

View Post

Sounds like the Void TC.

How can you have a flet without a dude? Why would you need a fleet for it to be considered a TC? I am under the impression that Absolute Minimum is the miniest mini-TC there is.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Dec 14 2005, 08:31 PM, said:

How can you have a flet without a dude? Why would you need a fleet for it to be considered a TC? I am under the impression that Absolute Minimum is the miniest mini-TC there is.
View Post

The dude is implicit in the flet.

Or maybe I just forgot to include it.

But if there was no flet, it would not convert all the resources.

To be serious for a moment, it's not a TC unless you have replaced every resource that actually occurs in your game, so you need to replace the strs as well.