Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station

I thought there were two types of armor....?

So I have completely finished the UE mission string, as well as the Pareen Station one.... I remember that there are two types of Voinion armor you can buy, but only Dospect is available.... how do I get the other one?

Welcome to the boards, Laxjunky44.

It's called Bronev Plating. But I can't remember offhand how to get it, sorry. I'll dig around and see what I can find, but someone else will probably tell you in the meantime.

Good luck. πŸ™‚

Heh. Now I know why I can't remember. It's only available through the Voinian String, which I never played. Unfortunately you can't pick that up now that you've finished the UE. You'll have to start a new pilot for that, sorry.

This post has been edited by Callide : 17 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

@callide, on Sep 17 2008, 04:31 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

Welcome to the boards, Laxjunky44.

It's called Bronev Plating. But I can't remember offhand how to get it, sorry. I'll dig around and see what I can find, but someone else will probably tell you in the meantime.

Good luck. πŸ™‚
Heh. Now I know why I can't remember. It's only available through the Voinian String, which I never played. Unfortunately you can't pick that up now that you've finished the UE. You'll have to start a new pilot for that, sorry.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Well hmm.... I could have sworn I remember being able to buy it at Pareen.... oh well!

Nope. Just Dospect Armor and Neutron weaponry. πŸ™‚

And the Turreted Rocket, whatever use that may be to you πŸ˜‰

Wasn't that mainly so the player could sell the rockets if they captured a Voinian ship that still had some? Although I had a feeling that had been dealt with by 1.0.2 anyway.

I'm fairly sure it was just a problem of not fine enough control over tech levels. Although the real problem was that drawing ammo from a different weapon never worked in EV/O, preventing the Rocket Turret from just taking normal rocket ammo. And no, it didn't change in 1.0.2.

Only Dospect Armo(u)r is available at Paaren Station; Bronev Plating isn't available unless you're doing the Voinian Storyline.

Bronev plating, and Rocket turrets are only available in the Voinian strings as well as the Voinian Heavy Fighter bay. However, basic Voinian tech such as neutron weapons and dospect armor is available, but can only be acquired by somehow landing on a Voinian controlled-spΓΆb that has outfit or completing the Paaren Station string.

In the early days of the original Override game, you could plunder turreted rockets regardless if you had the weapon to launch it or not. That was a problem because you had no way of freeing up space when turret rocket weapons were made unavailable to the player unless they played the Voinian string. They had fixed that by making ammos available to plunder only if the player had that weapon to accommodate it.

@guy, on Sep 17 2008, 10:39 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

And the Turreted Rocket, whatever use that may be to you πŸ˜‰

Hahaha, oh man! I remember trying so hard to get them to work on my Laizra, flying everywhere looking for a launcher, totally frustrated, not realizing I needed a Voinian launcher. XD

@coraxus, on Sep 18 2008, 12:33 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

Bronev plating, and Rocket turrets are only available in the Voinian strings as well as the Voinian Heavy Fighter bay. However, basic Voinian tech such as neutron weapons and dospect armor is available, but can only be acquired by somehow landing on a Voinian controlled-spΓΆb that has outfit or completing the Paaren Station string.

In the early days of the original Override game, you could plunder turreted rockets regardless if you had the weapon to launch it or not. That was a problem because you had no way of freeing up space when turret rocket weapons were made unavailable to the player unless they played the Voinian string. They had fixed that by making ammos available to plunder only if the player had that weapon to accommodate it.

I made so much money with that feature: Plunder Cresent Renegades. Take credits take either type of the rockets you get (normally the ship has like 10?) one type sells for 0.5k the other for 1k (half the original price) then the bigger renegades had a lot bigger amounts of credits plus they had SAD missiles which sold for even more....

Why did they have to change it??????
Especially for Nova... you could make so much more money quicker (without feeling you're wasting time when you should be trading).

I think it was ill-logical that you changed that feature. Ex. I board a ship I should be able to take whatever my heart desires. If I want to rip off the metal to a thin tin coating I should be able to! However, I think that fighters should apply to this rule, as you can't really have a fighter without having the capacity to store it.

@it-000, on Sep 19 2008, 05:44 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

I think that fighters should apply to this rule, as you can't really have a fighter without having the capacity to store it.

Well, the real beef I have with the plundering is that if a plundered ship carries more than one type of ammo to which let's say, you have both weapons to accommodate them, you can only plunder only one type of ammo that is presently shown in the plundering dialog box. Long ago there was an EV4 wishlist and one of my wish was to have a dialog box to display a pop-up menu so players could choose exactly what to plunder.

What annoyed me was that I couldn't ever plunder more than 2 things without tripping the detonator, so I usually went for credits and ammo. It would be nice to take everything, considering all the trouble I go through to disable the ship in the first place.

@it-000, on Sep 19 2008, 06:44 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

I think it was ill-logical that you changed that feature. Ex. I board a ship I should be able to take whatever my heart desires. If I want to rip off the metal to a thin tin coating I should be able to!

I agree - back in the original Escape Velocity , I would plunder ammunition, even for weapons I didn't have, and then sell it, allowing for a much tighter economic cycle.

Good ol' days of Lightning harvesting in my Rebel Cruiser. πŸ™‚

@geek, on Sep 22 2008, 07:12 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

Good ol' days of Lightning harvesting in my Rebel Cruiser. πŸ™‚

My thoughts exactly. What a scam! Actually, while it was good fun while it lasted, I'm also fine with that hole having been plugged -- it makes the game(s) more challenging.

I read this topic title as "Voidian Outfits" and I saw that Dr. Trowel had posted last. Stop toying with my emotions!

This post has been edited by gray_shirt_ninja : 24 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Sep 24 2008, 12:42 PM, said in Voinion Outfits at Pareen Station:

I read this topic title as "Voidian Outfits" and I saw that Dr. Trowel had posted last. Stop toying with my emotions!

If that's what you want, GSN, look to the the depths of your own forums. πŸ˜‰

Long ago there was an EV4 wishlist and one of my wish was to have a dialog box to display a pop-up menu so players could choose exactly what to plunder.

I like that idea, and we could have each outfit have a chance of being seen. That way, the player won't get a prototype super weapon, but there is a higher chance of a weaker missile appearing then a stronger missile.