A Return to the EVO Webstory

I updated the times for my nuclear arms program and split the project in two. So I have no research slots open and one of the projects is taking twice the time.

I worked out the fun details with Ippy.

Admiral Benden, I don't use AIM, but I can contact you using the PM system if you wish.

Good enough, though AIM makes things a lot easier and it ain't such a bad thing to have.

What is the modest production increase that you get for getting new systems?

Just so yall don't get worried, nothing's going to come of the Nadir's little doomsday project.

You can go back to sleep now.

I just noticed that Consul Bob just researched a new Missile Jammer to really mess up the Needle Missile... and it only took him two days. Up, Ipvy? Did you actually check this?

Wow! There weren't any errors in my calculating last post. I must have been more coherent than I thought.

Okay, situations involving Tibidat include. Igadzra embassy talking (very impolitely) to an Igadzra member of the Society. Additionally the ST Renegades sent a Miranu Courier (?) to the same system to deal with Tibidat. Besides that Tibidat sent envoys to the Strandless worlds (I'll role-play failure or maybe petty donations of a few ships at all of them except Akrayhek) and I need a response and negotiation with South Tip Station.

Wasn't I taking a single Strandless world to avoid complex and time consuming negotiations? How come it seems that I have more complex and time consuming negotiations going on than anyone else? Stupid strategic locations!

I'll get back to you as soon as I get the chance Carnotaur, but it might not be until late tonight as my schedule is incredibly packed.

Selax, for the record, you're using OOC information... there's really no way your agents can get you information about what the Igadzra are doing that fast, if at all. Much less, I doubt you would know any plans I have in relation to Groned, not to mention that I've only moved one Igazra in, which by no means I'm suddenly invading the South Tip... Oh, and since when did you suddenly control the attitude of the entire population of Groned?

I recall someone saying that you can control the reactions of independent systems. This is what I have done with Groned. I will edit my post to avoid mention of the plans that the Igadzra have, but he will know that an Igadzra ship is in the system.

My only argument reguarding making the Dreadnought so 'quickly', is that while it's a tough opponent in EVO despite having 4 UE Destroyers on your side, it is far less effective when it's opponents actually have some form of strategy. That, and many new vessels take about that long to research.

I have spoken to Ipvicus reguarding an adjusted research time on it. The new time is a total of 9 days. I'll head over to edit that right after this post.

I still want to know if you will be able to have only one dreadnought or more than one?
It is true that a good UE strategy may lessen its effectiveness, but isn't it also true that a good Vionian strategy will increase its effectiveness?

I am also curious if 2 governments would be able to do a joint research project.

Captain Carnotaur, on Feb 13 2005, 07:45 AM, said:

I just noticed that Consul Bob just researched a new Missile Jammer to really mess up the Needle Missile... and it only took him two days. Up, Ipvy? Did you actually check this?
View Post

That's not good.

Moderation: Add two days to that Bob.

I don't mean to be a bother, but I really need an answer to the following questions:
I still want to know if U.E. Admiral will be able to have only one dreadnought or more than one?
It is true that a good UE strategy may lessen its effectiveness, but isn't it also true that a good Vionian strategy will increase its effectiveness?

I am also curious if 2 governments would be able to do a joint research project.
What production increase do you receive for new systems?

I just want yall to know that I won't be able to post tonight. Tomorrow, maybe, but it is questionable. I have a vast many pages to write for prior commitments (such as chemistry lab) before I can afford to write my next post.

I think Admiral Benden's numbers are inaccurate. The story started six days ago. He had 5 Crescent Warships. Taking this multiplied .05, he should get 1 (it's .25, so 1 a day would do) a day, but he has 25 and is getting 5 a day. He is also producing exclusively South Tip Warships. Is is possible to give up all other production to get warships and, if so, where was this made known?

Also, I'd like to give up leading the South Tip Renegades and rejoin as a mercenary instead, is that possible? If not, I'll probably quit. I'd appreciate a prompt response on this.

This post has been edited by Selax : 15 February 2005 - 01:33 AM

Defensive project: Pseudo-science will be posted in the other thread.

Essentially creates a layer of armor outside the shields by drawing in space dust and melting it so that the inner layer is a penetrable fluid and the outer shell becomes a layer of metal. The entire system is hooked up to the tracking sensors on turrets and an instant before a blast of turret fire shoots through the shields increase temperature and the magnetic attraction reverses for that spot so the turret blast goes through unhindered.

The new layer takes about twice the time to recharge as the normal shields do and only exists when shields are full.

Ship modifications:
50 exterior armor on CF
100 exterior armor on Arada
270 exterior armor on Lazira
500 exterior armor on CW

This project finishes today. Sorry for taking so long to get any details up but I suck at this technology thing.

Two things. One, this is a project you're just starting, right? Two, I just read in one of your posts that you completed an upgrade to the Dispersal rocket that had 3x the normal range, and over 2x the damage, and yet I don't recall ever seeing you starting the project, or how long that might have taken... I'll leave the actual act of moderation, if needed, up to Ipvy of course. I was just pointing that out.

Sorry, I suck at the technology things.

The Dispy modifications have been going on in one fashion or another since the first post. The OOC mention is here. The shield modification is also mentioned in that post but no details are given. Both the Dispys and the shield ran for 4 RTDs before completion but neither has been installed on any vessels yet.

Here's the first IC mention of the Dispy project (it just deals with the explosive) there's much more detail in my second post in the story.

Moi said:

A scientist working with explosives almost managed to kill himself while testing a microscopic amount of explosive. After salvaging through what was left of his notes and trying to rack his brain for information it is possible that the substance can be reproduced. We don’t know how stable this product will be or what it can be used in at this time. Additional funds are being directed to this research.

This post has been edited by Paranoid : 15 February 2005 - 01:53 PM

Okay, but regardless the amount of armor you're adding on is an awful lot for 4 RTD... but again, I'll leave that to Espy. Just remember that phase weaponry does little against Armor. That's why if the Voinians ever invaded, we'd be in trouble, heh.

And just for getting a good idea of the scale... a Voinian cruiser has about 500 armor (unless you're using Res-Edit stats and not In-game stats... in which case 50 armor is well within the bounds of reason).

This post has been edited by Captain Carnotaur : 15 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

Captain Carnotaur, on Feb 15 2005, 07:00 PM, said:

Okay, but regardless the amount of armor you're adding on is an awful lot for 4 RTD... but again, I'll leave that to Espy. Just remember that phase weaponry does little against Armor. That's why if the Voinians ever invaded, we'd be in trouble, heh.
View Post

Yes, 'tis a pitty, that.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I got overrun with homework. Hopefully I'll get a post up tonight.