A Return to the EVO Webstory

I don't think playing ST renegades would be a good idea - too many players in a position to be hostile and all - but there are Strandless worlds down there if Asriel is interested. That said, he'd also make a good moderator (not to say he couldn't be both.)

As it seems like the majority of people favour the idea of not pausing production and R&D, I invite everyone to continue as they were and I apologise.

The Azdgari, Zidagar and Igadzra are all taking a voluntary R&D break in a few days (continuing on with one project slot each, we decided), because we decided things were going way too quickly in that department. For now, I think it should be down to everyone's discretion.

Tech stuff:
Really big mobile station:

Production in future will be on one tech slot for eight days. Or using production from a planet as approved by moderators.

The station will have the ability to mass produce large quantities of fuel from stars and nebulas. The station will also have a ship production facility (15 fighters) but unable to produce anything larger than a fighter and an internal hanger that will hold one hundred Crescent Fighters. Outside the ship it will be able to reproduce anything, but an attack would mean that the exterior production would be scrap metal. The main purpose of the station will be for mining and a super powerful mass magnet will be employed on it to efficiently gather minerals. It will have external shields that are intentionally less efficient than standard and release significantly more heat output. The magnet will be used selectively to gather the necessary based on density. As such it will be the most efficient mining technique in the galaxy. In order to efficiently gather metals it will have powerful thrusters that move it at a decent speed of 50. The magnet can be employed partially so that the station could gather materials and refuel using a nearby sun. The station could enter hyperspace but would take an entire week to emerge from hyperspace at its new destination due to the enormous mass of the vessel. The time it takes in hyperspace brings up many technical problems that have prevented the previous use of mobile stations.

The mass magnet will also work in a defensive capability (60,000 armor or 4x Voinian Dreadnought), but the massive quantities of debris that pile up when the mass magnet is used prevent any weapons fire from the ship as well. Hence, the vessel will be unarmed as arming it would be pointless. The shields are also substantial (10,000) but have a slow recharge rate due to their inherent inefficiency. The vessel takes almost a minute to jump out of a system once it has cleared the gravity well.

Say hello to (pending Ipvy's approval) your third moderator, everybody. My screen name is asriel29 if you have...problems. πŸ™‚

Mmmmmm...another moderator πŸ™‚

Asrial, while your main char is dead and you have no base--WE NEED RENEGADES!--you can still use that fleet of yours that disapeared awhile back to, say, attack a Zidigar outpost? A perfect spot to resume operations I think ;). You are beaten but not destoyed entirely , not yet anyways.

cHeers,
tHe vIsitor

asriel, on Mar 7 2005, 02:44 PM, said:

Say hello to (pending Ipvy's approval) your third moderator, everybody. My screen name is asriel29 if you have...problems. πŸ™‚
View Post

Dang it! Any sucking up would seem really insincere at this point in the game.

Ah well, in any case I'm glad it's you and not me. Good luck!

This post has been edited by Paranoid : 07 March 2005 - 03:59 PM

~vIsitor~, on Mar 7 2005, 03:35 PM, said:

Mmmmmm...another moderator πŸ™‚

Asrial, while your main char is dead and you have no base--WE NEED RENEGADES!--you can still use that fleet of yours that disapeared awhile back to, say, attack a Zidigar outpost? A perfect spot to resume operations I think ;). You are beaten but not destoyed entirely , not yet anyways.

cHeers,
tHe vIsitor
View Post

Actually, that fleet was nonexistent. I was basing its existence at old moderating, but that entire fleet was destroyed in Hrekka. Sorry. 😞 The NT Renegades are quite dead and beaten.

..and then there is the matter of the Zachit keeping all those renegades detained whilst the Zidigar attack the Miranu...Can you say jailbreak waiting to happen?

<wink wink><nudge nudge>

Anywho, even without a base the renegades are quite a nussence, albiet they raid on a much smaller scale....

...Just don't wan't a player gone before the webstory has existed for awhile ok?

Like Benden my post was rushed and didn't have anything I wanted to get into it up. First of all I talk about the development of a station and then one pops out of nowhere (I have yet to give it a name). Then there's the fact that I'm a week behind on two projects once again... Apologies to all.

All right, so because people from hisdarkmaterials.org seem to be stalking my screen name, I've turned on auto-block, so anybody who doesn't already have my screen name won't be able to see that I'm online. Sorry if this inconveniences people, hopefully I won't have to do it for too long...:/

I hate forum stalkers. Hope the problem ends soon.

Say, isn't Ipvicus supposed to post today? It is tuesday...

Visitor, a little bit of moderation. I'm under the impression you can't have one project take multiple slots to speed it up. The new slot is otherwise just about okay, since you didn't have 3 to begin with, but once you have it, you can't use multiple slots for the same project.

Aye, editing.

For the record, anyone with 3 slots expanding beyond that will likely be moderated. I think Visitor's project is really right on the border of what's acceptable and what's not.

Visitor, please keep track of what you lose your third slot for. You said it was more labs, so I won't allow you to use it for anything that isn't research.

In fact I only started with one slot, to keep up I am expanding to 2. I fully expect to use it only for research purposes.

TouchΓ©, misread your post. That's absolutely fine by me.

One of my characters mentioned in my post that I was "invisible" when that close to a sun but that isn't technically true. Anyone looking for my station could probably find it within a matter of days or weeks of intense study of the sun without any tech modifications. The Emalgha's new device may have an easier time than that but whoever was looking would have to know to look at the sun.

I can do this with CW's too, and it was approved.

UE:
Firing rate increase of the blaze reactor implemention moderated to +25%.
No increase of range to be expected unless otherwise requested, which may modify given figures.

UE: please factor moderation into your posts. If you missed it, read the post immediately above.

If there's an issue regarding the value of the moderation, please make your case here. Under the circumstances, ~30% increase in rate of fire may be more reasonable. ~50% is not.

This post has been edited by SilverDragon : 17 March 2005 - 04:27 PM

It's possible not all the writers read this discussion topic, and that's why your moderation was missed - you might want to mention it briefly at the bottom of your next post in the story.

I've been told by someone who spoke to him on AIM that he specifically chose to ignore the moderation. I'm not quite sure of the point in having moderators if players pick and choose which moderations to ignore, but my motion has the support of Asriel, and I'll check it later when I see Ipvicus online.

The moderation probably isn't an issue if the number isn't going to be relevant in the future, I'm only concerned because I feel it may be used (1.05*1.5) in the future to claim a supremacy over virtually every other primary weapon being used by anyone, which with those enhancements it would quite possibly hold. For a 5-day upgrade, that seems inappropriate.