mcb

So who is this guy?

:wub: Just kidding.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I'm glad you stayed up till 3 am working on it 😉

Well well.

It honestly feels like longer.

Wow, been that long? And even more amazing, Matt showing up here! =P

The legend returns!!

Say, out of curiosity, how did the Kestrel's design come along? There's just something bad-ass about it I've never seen in any other spacecraft design, real or imaginary.

@darthkev, on 05 May 2011 - 01:42 AM, said in Heh:

Say, out of curiosity, how did the Kestrel's design come along? There's just something bad-ass about it I've never seen in any other spacecraft design, real or imaginary.

Thanks... many of the ship designs in the original game were inspired, to varying degrees, by old model rocket kits I remembered from when I was a young lad. Plus a bit of 1950's B-movie dash for seasoning.

mcb

Matt Burch, thank you very much for making this game all those 15 years ago. I can honestly say it's had an incredible impact on my life. I probably wouldn't have learned about coding or became a science fiction writer without Escape Velocity reaching me at a young and impressionable age. Plug-in development was a Big Deal, and it got me to develop skills that I might not otherwise have learned. Thank you, now make EV4 multiplayer with steak knives, dangit.

@mrxak, on 05 May 2011 - 07:03 PM, said in Heh:

Matt Burch, thank you very much for making this game all those 15 years ago. I can honestly say it's had an incredible impact on my life.

This. Very much this.

Thanks Matt, you're an ace.

Through Escape Velocity, you actually had a huge impact on my life. Not only the hours I spent playing this game, but the great friends I have made in this amazing community which built up around this game.

My most sincere thanks to you, Matt.

@mburch, on 05 May 2011 - 06:25 PM, said in Heh:

Thanks... many of the ship designs in the original game were inspired, to varying degrees, by old model rocket kits I remembered from when I was a young lad. Plus a bit of 1950's B-movie dash for seasoning.

mcb

I always suspected babylon 5 "borrowed" the kestrel design for their series.

Thanks, Matt. As always, much appreciated!

-- Dave

Good game.

Thanks for it all, Matt. An amazing experience.

-Andiyar

@mrxak, on 05 May 2011 - 07:03 PM, said in Heh:

Matt Burch, thank you very much for making this game all those 15 years ago. I can honestly say it's had an incredible impact on my life. I probably wouldn't have learned about coding or became a science fiction writer without Escape Velocity reaching me at a young and impressionable age. Plug-in development was a Big Deal, and it got me to develop skills that I might not otherwise have learned. Thank you, now make EV4 multiplayer with steak knives, dangit.

Gonna go ahead and throw in my "ditto" here, too. And add "3d modeling" to "coding."

This is impressive, and kinda sad, that this sort of thing happened when I wasn't old enough to enjoy it when it was new. Well done, sir.

-K

@meowx-design, on 06 May 2011 - 06:43 AM, said in Heh:

Gonna go ahead and throw in my "ditto" here, too. And add "3d modeling" to "coding."

I've dabbled a bit in that myself as a hobby, and that's absolutely because I got inspired by people making EV art.