rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?

And don't say the Kestrel

Ok, I'm playing the new updated version of EV on the EVN engine (you know, the one with the updated graphics and the large, medium and small ships?)

For those who have played this version of the game, what is the best ship or the favorite ship. I'd rather not center on the Kestrel, I'm assuming everyone loves it and wants one. ( or in general so I have read from the EVN board)

I have looked at the Port by itself without the graphics revision and I guess I am too used to EVN. It's like trying to go back to the first Zork or Liesure Suit Larry when you have played the likes of Diablo 2.

The analogies are all wrong, but I hope you get the idea. I Love 'Nova, and I tried the ports of EV and EVO but I needed the good graphics that rEV provided

Any thoughts (other than that I am a nut case)?

@vast-deathmaster, on Feb 21 2008, 10:09 PM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

Ok, I'm playing the new updated version of EV on the EVN engine (you know, the one with the updated graphics and the large, medium and small ships?)

For those who have played this version of the game, what is the best ship or the favorite ship. I'd rather not center on the Kestrel, I'm assuming everyone loves it and wants one. ( or in general so I have read from the EVN board)

I have looked at the Port by itself without the graphics revision and I guess I am too used to EVN. It's like trying to go back to the first Zork or Liesure Suit Larry when you have played the likes of Diablo 2.

The analogies are all wrong, but I hope you get the idea. I Love 'Nova, and I tried the ports of EV and EVO but I needed the good graphics that rEV provided

Any thoughts (other than that I am a nut case)?

I wonder why you have a few views but no replys :blink:

Maybe you are a nutcase.... (probably it)

If you check the other topics here people have been saying a corvette with after burner and speed upgrade (over 700 speed).
The kestrel is a brilliant ship though because it's the ship that you do the storylines in also a 10mil ship is godly when the one below it is like 2.5mil.
(Never forget the feeling of buying that ship and disabling my first Argosy and taking it over) 🙂 Otherwise the Confed Cruiser was basically a moving fortress + the test laser you get given makes you unbeatable in combat aswell.

I think the ship question is a little easy to answer because with EVC you bought a ship, save up, bought the next ship up and it would be better (ship prices didn't differ so it was harder to go wrong....

This post has been edited by undead_shadow : 22 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

The reason the Kestrel is in EVN is because it's the coolest ship in EV. When I played EVO I added a kestrel in for myself. When I play EV, I modify the second kestrel (you have to find the kestrel parts and deliver them) to be better than the normal kestrel but still challenging. (What's the point in being able to buy a sub-par kestrel anyway?)

So yes Kestrel always has, and always will be my favorite EV ship. Though the Rebel Cruiser/Destroyers and Corvettes are good ships too.

Also, rEV only really changes graphics, doesn't really modify ship stats much at all.

@chamrin, on Feb 22 2008, 03:04 AM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

Also, rEV only really changes graphics, doesn't really modify ship stats much at all.

The xData does.

Sorry, but I'll have to go with the fully upgraded Rebel Crusier (I would pick the alien cruiser except you can't get it without a plug-in).

The rebel destroyer definitely. Fast, durable and with place for just enough guns for me to take on most things there is.
Never liked the mantas anyway, never did any real damage and you had to replace them after every mayor fight.
Must be like 7 years since I played it though, so I might be wrong... Man... now I'm feeling nostalgic. Have to play it again.

Rapier. All the way. It's like flying a beached whale. Running through all the mission strings in that hunk of junk was the most fun I've had playing that game since the first time I dominated a planet. Go rear laser turret!

-AJ

It's hard to pick a favorite since I enjoyed flying nearly all of them, but at the moment, I'm really feeling the courier. It's a nice ship to make your early fortunes on. I also look fondly back at the clipper.

@mrxak, on Feb 25 2008, 04:29 AM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

It's hard to pick a favorite since I enjoyed flying nearly all of them, but at the moment, I'm really feeling the courier. It's a nice ship to make your early fortunes on. I also look fondly back at the clipper.

Before I worked out how to just reload the pilot file I remember playing EVC non stop trying to save up for the clipper (only doing 10k missions) then I went pirate hunting and got killed by the first thing a came against (a Corvette i think). I cryed for like a week (I might have lost a computer screen aswell).

But that just made me want a Corvette 🙂

@duke_juker, on Feb 22 2008, 06:51 PM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

Sorry, but I'll have to go with the fully upgraded Rebel Crusier

Gets my vote. It's a sleek, sexy and powerful ship.

@callide, on Feb 25 2008, 11:25 AM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

Gets my vote. It's a sleek, sexy and powerful ship.

I guess that's one way to describe it. I forgot to add that I always liked the courier as a startup ship. I remember I used to pirate with it all the time and even capture corvettes quite often. I'd of course change to the corvette, but couriers are a good start ship.

For a ship thatÂ’s well-balanced between the various functions, itÂ’s hard to beat the Argosy; if your needs are more combat-centric, the Corvette is also highly effective. I can also second the recommendation of the Courier as a good way to start out in freight-hauling.

Curiously, IÂ’ve found neither the Kestrel nor any of the government ships particularly enjoyable to fly despite the good reviews they get from others; I can see the appeal of having one in your fleet, but IÂ’d never want to use one myself. (The rebel Destroyer is a bit of an exception, but then itÂ’s really an upgraded Argosy, so weÂ’re back where I started.)

@david-arthur, on Feb 26 2008, 03:07 PM, said in rEV: hate to ask it, but Favorite ship or Best ship?:

For a ship thatÂ’s well-balanced between the various functions, itÂ’s hard to beat the Argosy; if your needs are more combat-centric, the Corvette is also highly effective. I can also second the recommendation of the Courier as a good way to start out in freight-hauling.

Curiously, IÂ’ve found neither the Kestrel nor any of the government ships particularly enjoyable to fly despite the good reviews they get from others; I can see the appeal of having one in your fleet, but IÂ’d never want to use one myself. (The rebel Destroyer is a bit of an exception, but then itÂ’s really an upgraded Argosy, so weÂ’re back where I started.)

The thing with EVC compared to Nova was that I never thought speed mattered.... (There weren't enough weapons to make an effective combo)

It was always shield+armour the more the better....

I did like the look of Rebel ships (especially the Cruiser when it sprouts 4 mantas at once).

Defender, hands down. There's no better thrill than trying to kill a cruiser or kestrel in something with only 10 shields. And it looked really cool too.

Rapier armed with only Space Bombs and a rear-firing Laser Cannon.

No one has brought up the luxury liner yet. I think it would be sweet to be going around the galaxy in a space limo. Then again, using it is like putting a bullseye on your back for pirates. 😉

The reason the Rebel Cruiser is so awesome in rEV is because it mistakenly has 10 times the amount of cargo space it's supposed to have, allowing heaps of expansion. Try an alternate version of rEV from the link in my sig 😉